Zero2Cool
5 years ago
What you folks think about this article?

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
I read this article yesterday and I agree with what they say in it. However, as talented as Rodgers is, if he decides he needs to improve on something, I believe he can absolutely do it. However, I have a hard time believing he will decide he needs to improve on his flaws, because he doesn't seem to see them. He tells the media he self scouts obsessively but his footwork has been horseshit for 5 years now. He can easily fix it and go back to his old habits, he so far hasn't deemed it a problem yet. This article is absolutely right though, watch games or highlights from 2011 and you are watching a completely different player. Hoping this new coaching staff of outsiders can point out how the rest of the league sees him so he can fix it.
BAD EMAIL because the address couldn ot be found, or is unable to receive mail.
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

I read this article yesterday and I agree with what they say in it. However, as talented as Rodgers is, if he decides he needs to improve on something, I believe he can absolutely do it. However, I have a hard time believing he will decide he needs to improve on his flaws, because he doesn't seem to see them. He tells the media he self scouts obsessively but his footwork has been horseshit for 5 years now. He can easily fix it and go back to his old habits, he so far hasn't deemed it a problem yet. This article is absolutely right though, watch games or highlights from 2011 and you are watching a completely different player. Hoping this new coaching staff of outsiders can point out how the rest of the league sees him so he can fix it.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

A good coach will help improve on those flaws without insulting the player. Call more quick release routes and throws to build his confidence. Aaron Rodgers often spoke about needing to be into a rhythm. He also said several times that McCarthy did a great job of getting him into a rhythm. Basically, what I'm saying is Aaron doesn't need to see his flaws, the coaching staff does and they need to coach it out of him.
UserPostedImage
isocleas2
5 years ago
Good article. Nelson tearing his acl was the beginning of this change from quick throw Rodgers to hold-the-ball Rodgers. I wonder if the best way to get old Rodgers back is to build up the weapons around him so he feels comfortable again throwing to them on the timing routes.

I like the potential from the young guys we drafted last year but I'd be thrilled to see the Packers snag another top receiving talent on day 1 or 2. Same with tight end and to a lesser extend running back, outside of Graham and Aaron Jones the talent dries up real quick.
gbguy20
5 years ago

Good article. Nelson tearing his acl was the beginning of this change from quick throw Rodgers to hold-the-ball Rodgers. I wonder if the best way to get old Rodgers back is to build up the weapons around him so he feels comfortable again throwing to them on the timing routes.

I like the potential from the young guys we drafted last year but I'd be thrilled to see the Packers snag another top receiving talent on day 1 or 2. Same with tight end and to a lesser extend running back, outside of Graham and Aaron Jones the talent dries up real quick.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

I hate this answer, no offense. Rodgers problems are on him. Not the talent of the WRs he is throwing to.
DoddPower
5 years ago

I hate this answer, no offense. Rodgers problems are on him. Not the talent of the WRs he is throwing to.

They are not mutually exclusive. It's a combination of all the above. Without a doubt, he needs more receiving talent around him. And definitely more speed. The Packers have been nauseatingly slow for so long
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
The biggest problems with Rodgers release, was the design of the offense in the staleness of the office.
[list]
  • rarely was the primary receiver on pass plays a quick hitting pattern
  • too much of the route design was iterative/dependent upon what the defense did
  • The young receivers didn’t know what to do and 12 didnt/couldn’t have faith in them.
  • that is why 12 was not in sync with his young receivers
  • As a result, he held onto the ball longer… [/list]
  • It also didn’t help that every damn team knew what the hell we were going to do as soon as we broke the huddle and came out with the same damn formations we had for the last five years. Very little mis-direction, Very little innovation, and apparently very little critical self scouting.Now, with the new regime, 12 has no choice but to learn the new offense and throw the ball to receivers when the ball is designed to be thrown (on rhythm)..Otherwise, he will be crushed as the new blocking schemes and different techniques will only give him a certain amount of time to throw.Also it’ll help the rhythm, and the flow of the game if we don’t wait so damn long to get plays in. I.e. waiting 10 seconds to figure out what to call...Getting it into the huddle with 20 seconds left on the play clock (Making sure not to cover our mouth as we are talking into the mic so that every freaking guy in the opposing coaches box and knows exactly what the hell we’re going to do)...Then getting up to the line of scrimmage with 10 seconds left on the play clock.

Under this impediment, it became impossible to run motion and do things that modern offenses have done for the last five years. Moreover, impossible to have rhythm.
    In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
    isocleas2
    5 years ago

When the Packer's offense was dominant their roster was filled with high draft pick receivers (Nelson, Jennings, Cobb, Jones, Finley) and when they aged we replaced them with what? Besides Adams we've barely addressed the issue.

It's not the only problem but it's certainly one of them.
    dhazer
    5 years ago
    I just wish they wouldn't have given him that damn extension. He has now put us in cap hell and he is not worth that money. He is far from the best qb in the NFL and shouldn't be played like he is. He is a major Diva and not a team player. People try calling him the GOAT and to me he can't even carry Brady's jock strap. People blame the game plan but look at all the reports of him changing the plays, So maybe they had those plays called but it wasn't what he wanted. Look at his play and besides holding the ball to long what was the other major complaint? He wouldn't take the open guy underneath but wanted the big play. I wish we would've traded him to Cleveland last year for their 2 #1's and a 2nd. I still say we throw our 2nd at Arizona for Rosen to put a little pressure on Rodgers.
    Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
    UserPostedImage
    gbguy20
    5 years ago
    If this cap hell I'll take it.
    Fan Shout
    bboystyle (13h) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
    Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
    Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
    Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
    Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
    Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
    Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
    Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
    Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
    Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
    Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
    Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
    buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
    Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
    Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
    Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
    hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
    Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
    Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
    Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
    wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
    bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
    Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
    Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
    Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2024 Packers Schedule
    Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
    Eagles
    Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
    COLTS
    Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
    Titans
    Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
    Rams
    Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
    CARDINALS
    Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
    TEXANS
    Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
    Jaguars
    Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
    LIONS
    Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
    49ERS
    Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
    DOLPHINS
    Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
    Seahawks
    Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
    SAINTS
    Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
    Vikings
    Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
    BEARS
    Recent Topics
    2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.