beast
6 years ago

Yeah, it was 7. Marquis Lee lead the league with 8. That's one every other game. Not a huge deal if you ask me. Sure they are frustrating when they occur but IMO one of the most over rated stats.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I think you make a great point, but I'm still confused as to what counts as a drop and what doesn't... as my personal counting always seems to be higher than the "official" version... and I've seen where balls have bounced off WRs hands and some how not seem to have counted as a drop.

Also the Seahawks had one of the worst OLs, I wonder if that might of caused some more quick throwing and quick dropped passes... plus I remember a video clip (either ESPN or NFL Network) suggesting that Seahawks had been forcing Graham to try back corner passes for TDs and he was struggling with those and got some drops, and finally talked the Seahawks into simply letting him go into the endzone and post the defender up and box him out (like a basketball player, which Graham used to be) and that's what lead to more TDs. But, I think, Graham had a couple of drops in the redzone, only to catch a touchdown on the very next play.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

You do realize that Jimmy Graham and Davante Adams tied for 2nd in the NFL in receiving touchdowns with 10, right?

If that's Poor, then shit, give me some Poor TE!! If we can get 57 receptions and 10 TD's out of Jimmy Graham, wonderful!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Do you actually believe a player can be graded based on 10 [good] plays? Let’s try to evaluate Graham with a little more depth of thought and football acumen:

1. A good TE is one that plays well in 900-950 of his 1000 snaps; and it don’t matter if 10 of those plays result in a TD. A crap TE gets 10 TDs and only plays well in 3-400 of 1000 snaps.

2. When a player scores a TD; it means none of his teammates can score on that play. If Graham comes in and gets 10 TDs, at most we get 2 TDs instead of FGs, the other 8 would have just been caught by someone else. But, his piss poor blocking, dumbass penalties, fumbles, drops, mediocre 1st down production, inability to draw DPIs, probably means GB makes to red zone 5-6 fewer times than if they had an average TE. This is why teams don’t get worse and statistically improve when Graham is OUT.

3. Hey Stat man, which TE is better?

A. 85-58-510-8 [Targets-catches-yards-TDs]

B. 96-57-520-10

FYI: “B” is Graham ’17; Do you know who A is?

4. Hint: Over last 3 years, Graham 265 targets, 18 TDs
Rich Rodgers 152 targets, 12 TDs [If extrapolated that’s 21 TDs on 265 Targets]
Luke Willson 69 targets, 7 TDs [That extrapolates to 27 TDs on 265 targets]
ON a per target basis Rodgers is a 20% better TD machine over Graham and Willson is even better than that.

5. Graham had 33 1st down catches on 96 targets; Luke Willson had 8 in 22; Rodgers 6 in 19; Bennett 11 in 33. Seattle didn’t keep Graham and almost cut him last Graham is as good as these three in ‘17

6. Outsiders rank “TE” Graham #28 in DVOA

7. In ’17, Graham only has 1 DPI penalty for 10 yards [For comparison Bennett had 2 for 33 in 7 games]

8. Jimmy Graham has 7 career fumbles; Rich Rodgers ZERO; Bennett 4.

9. Jimmy Graham is #1 in dropped passes over 5 years. The drop stats is misleading. A drop is only counted when OBVIOUSLY dropped. His 7 drops last year probably represent his failure to catch 14-18 balls he should have caught.
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago
I remember Ted Thompson's first moves was to gut the O-line to get the salary cap back inline.
The move was not a popular one at the time, but 3 years later The Packers were playing in the NFC Championship game.

Ted left The Packers in way better shape than what he inherited.

Brian G. Better be right.
I'm betting if you take a pole right now that over 75% of the fans say signing Graham and releasing Jordy was a bad move.

Especially if it comes out that Graham is being paid 8-10 mil a year.

Can we stop calling Jimmy Graham a TE?

He doesn't block, he is best when he is split out and he hardly ever lines up inside.

The offer to Jordy is being reported as a 1year , 2mil offer. That's a slap in the face.

The Packers could have easily extended Jordy to a 3 year extension, turned the 9 mil owed this year into a signing bonus, made his base pay the vet minimum and he would have had a cap hit of arou d 3.25mil.

Again GM Brian better be right with this move.
When you alienate 3/4 or more of your fans from the get go, could be a short stint as GM.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Hell, I never quite forgave Ted for his handling of Cullen Jenkins... Didn't seem to effect his job security though 😉
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Smokey
6 years ago
A hearty welcome to The Packers new TE, Jimmy Graham !!!
[bdance]

UserPostedImage
Dulak
6 years ago

I remember Ted Thompson's first moves was to gut the O-line to get the salary cap back inline.
The move was not a popular one at the time, but 3 years later The Packers were playing in the NFC Championship game.

I'm betting if you take a pole right now that over 75% of the fans say signing Graham and releasing Jordy was a bad move.

He doesn't block, he is best when he is split out and he hardly ever lines up inside.

The offer to Jordy is being reported as a 1year , 2mil offer. That's a slap in the face.

The Packers could have easily extended Jordy to a 3 year extension, turned the 9 mil owed this year into a signing bonus, made his base pay the vet minimum and he would have had a cap hit of arou d 3.25mil.

When you alienate 3/4 or more of your fans from the get go, could be a short stint as GM.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

2 mil offer for Nelson? ya - I wouldnt want that either as him. When the other guys got way more.

Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Are Packers fans happy Jordy Nelson is almost 33, coming off another season where he was dinged up just after coming back from ACL, and isn't going to cost $10 against the cap? Probably not, most Packers fans are smart enough to know this is a business and shit happens.

Extending a soon-to-be 33 year old WR who's absolutely not the same as he was just few years ago is stupid. Packers fans would be PISSED off about that. Packers fans want Super Bowl rings, not Division titles.

Yes, losing Jordy stings, it sucks, I don't like it, but sure as hell won't condemn the Packers front office for doing what they feel is (and I agree) best for the Packers moving forward.

Jordy Nelson is going to get (guessing here) $5 this season with incentives to make more. If we want to FIX our defense, we need that money allocated elsewhere. Remember, we have Aaron Rodgers, who makes WR2's look like WR1's.

Also, keep in mind once Rodgers went down, Nelson DISAPPEARED! Davante Adams still lit it up, Randall Cobb even had a few good games. Nelson just completely fell off the chart.

As for TE Jimmy Graham, he is a tight end, period.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

They said that Graham was second in the league in dropped passes last season.

Originally Posted by: pacmaniac 

Jermichael Finley had some drops too, but defenses said they had to plan around the "threat" of him. You don't want to let the guy loose and then he makes a game changing catch when you think "hey he drops lots of passes".

The threat of Graham opening up the middle is going to make the WR's on the perimeter that much better, and its going to take a LB deep which should help the OL and running game.

Something else I just remembered that kind of fits this. Mike McCarthy said he and Joe Philbin are going back to square one with the playbook. I got the impression the plays got bit by the ole paralysis by analysis over the years.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Yes, the point is to get him on an LB. This will draw coverage and open up more opportunities for receivers.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Barfarn
6 years ago
3 years 30 mill; 22M in 1st 2 years.

guntekist has gone from dumbass to raving lunatic. OMG, How effing stupid can a GM be? Historically this is the stupidest move any GM in the history of the world.

There is no GM that would have paid half this. This guy got completely schooled.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.