PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago
I don't think WR is a priority, I would look at the Oline first. As long as there is no indication that Jordy will not be back. I would keep Jones for another year also, or at least until he gets beat out through competition. The difference in having Jones as #1 or #2, compared to #3 or #4 is the difference between a good WR corp and a not so good one.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
musccy
8 years ago

I don't think WR is a priority, I would look at the Oline first. As long as there is no indication that Jordy will not be back. I would keep Jones for another year also, or at least until he gets beat out through competition. The difference in having Jones as #1 or #2, compared to #3 or #4 is the difference between a good WR corp and a not so good one.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I was doing back flips the day they signed JJ but after this year, if he's still on the team, we have HUGE issues. He has OK hands and to my knowledge is a great guy, but has clearly lost a step. If Janis, Abby, etc. can't bump him from a roster spot by next year, 2016 may end up being uglier.
go.pack.go.
8 years ago
I don't necessarily think that Jones has lost a step. I just think that he is a better WR when he is the #2 or #3 option, not #1. Randall Cobb is a great receiver as well, but I don't think he is a #1 receiver. Cobb is more of a slot receiver with great quickness and speed.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago

I don't necessarily think that Jones has lost a step. I just think that he is a better WR when he is the #2 or #3 option, not #1. Randall Cobb is a great receiver as well, but I don't think he is a #1 receiver. Cobb is more of a slot receiver with great quickness and speed.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

Cobb is out of sorts this year. Whether it is a nagging problem from the early season injury, or he really does need Nelson to take the double-team and be the slot guy; he is just not producing up to the standard we need for the $$$ we are paying.

Just an observation, but it seems we are limiting our WRs to the sidelines far too much. It is frustrating to see other teams burn us over the middle and we constantly have to make the pinpoint throw to complete sideline stuff. Is this Aaron Rodgers guarding his INT stats? No confidence in the slot guys or TE? Lack of imagination?

Last question is why we seem to develop WRs so slowly. Is it a team philosophy on seniority? It just seems that Abby, Janis and Adams should be further along, but they are not.

PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

I was doing back flips the day they signed JJ but after this year, if he's still on the team, we have HUGE issues. He has OK hands and to my knowledge is a great guy, but has clearly lost a step. If Janis, Abby, etc. can't bump him from a roster spot by next year, 2016 may end up being uglier.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

If he gets beat out for a position great. But he is a cheap 700+ yard 7-10TD option to be #3 or #4. I don't want to go into another season with no proven receiver after the top 2.
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

Cobb is out of sorts this year. Whether it is a nagging problem from the early season injury, or he really does need Nelson to take the double-team and be the slot guy; he is just not producing up to the standard we need for the $$$ we are paying.

Just an observation, but it seems we are limiting our WRs to the sidelines far too much. It is frustrating to see other teams burn us over the middle and we constantly have to make the pinpoint throw to complete sideline stuff. Is this Aaron Rodgers guarding his INT stats? No confidence in the slot guys or TE? Lack of imagination?

Last question is why we seem to develop WRs so slowly. Is it a team philosophy on seniority? It just seems that Abby, Janis and Adams should be further along, but they are not.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Agree on the sideline routes. Can watch plays and see that we barely ever run a WR or even a TE across the middle in front of the LBers.

Abby, has been hurt so he is a full year behind where he should be had he been healthy. Janis was a 7th rounder, so it was at best a crap shoot of him ever making the field in the first place. Adams, I'm not sure about. He seems to know the routes and where he is supposed to be, he blocks OK, he is just inconsistent catching. He can make a grab like the one Rodgers threw across field which ended up an incompletion even though a hard catch, than have the ball sail right between his hands on easier grabs. I don't think that is something the coaches can really develop, rather something Adams needs to do himself to get his confidence and consistency...
go.pack.go.
8 years ago
I do agree that Adams seems to know the offense well enough, he just lacks confidence. It's like he's thinking about it too much out there on the field when the ball is in the air. I think he has talent, and has potential to make a good receiver.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

If he gets beat out for a position great. But he is a cheap 700+ yard 7-10TD option to be #3 or #4. I don't want to go into another season with no proven receiver after the top 2.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I've always like JJ. I think he's had a hammy this year. Might be losing a half step though.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dhazer
8 years ago

I do agree that Adams seems to know the offense well enough, he just lacks confidence. It's like he's thinking about it too much out there on the field when the ball is in the air. I think he has talent, and has potential to make a good receiver.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

I am sure it isn't helping any when you have your QB throwing you under the bus all the time and also the head coach. His confidence is rattled and the 2 main guys are not helping any.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
More to the point presented in the original post ...

Davante Adams 53rd overall -- 6'1" 205lbs 4.56 forty dash 9" hands
Allen Robinson 61st overall -- 6'2" 212lbs 4.6 forty dash 9 1/2" hands
Jarvis Landry 63rd overall -- 5'11" 205lbs 4.77 forty dash 10 1/4" hands

I can't say I wanted any of them over the other, but from the measurables provided from the combine, it looks like Adams was a better prospect. Of course measurables mean squat between the lines, it's about football talent and execution.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (50m) : Russ Ball is a genius when it comes to manipulating The Salary Cap hits on contracts!
buckeyepackfan (52m) : Not going to be as bad as some might think, this will look like a bargain in 2 years.
buckeyepackfan (54m) : 75mil signing bonus
buckeyepackfan (55m) : 77mil Signing Bonus, 155mil in new guarantees! Going to have to wait for the breakdown of the entire length of the contract .
Zero2Cool (2h) : Jordan Love and the Packers have agreed to a 4 year $220M contract
Martha Careful (5h) : Olympic opening ceremony is marginal at best
Zero2Cool (7h) : I was told that the hold up with Tua was the APY but they ironed it out and for Love, it’s been structure of the contract. -- Dianna Russini
Mucky Tundra (7h) : Tua and Love have the same agency, so things might be closer than we realize
Zero2Cool (7h) : Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa has agreed to a four-year contract extension worth $212.4 million, including $167 million in guarantees
Zero2Cool (7h) : Sounds like 4 year deal coming
Zero2Cool (7h) : Tua and Dolphins seem to have an extension in place.
Mucky Tundra (8h) : @prettyrickey213 Today has been flippant 🐬. Now waiting for it to be cheesy 🧀
Zero2Cool (8h) : Jones, Ballentine and Jennings join practice off PUP
Zero2Cool (11h) : Yikes.
wpr (11h) : The injuries keep on coming. Lions K Michael Badgley tears hamstring, out for season.
Zero2Cool (11h) : Great, Jenkins is taking snaps at Center. Lovely. More OL mishaps
wpr (25-Jul) : Another one bites the dust. Rams CB Derion Kendrick feared to have torn ACL
Zero2Cool (25-Jul) : Vikings CB Mekhi Blackmon tore his ACL today, a source confirms.
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : You do know he's QB2, right? Pratt. Check the 53 cheat sheet
Mucky Tundra (24-Jul) : If Clifford keeps playing the way he has Pratt is gonna be flying by him on the depth chart
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Michael Pratt getting more first team reps than J.J. McCarthy
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Who made a prediction? I posted what it will be, not prediction mate! 😁
dfosterf (24-Jul) : It is within.the realm of possibility that someone had Bowden on their depth chart prediction. I thought they did. Could be wrong
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Record Prediction?
dfosterf (24-Jul) : I think someone edited their prediction post after
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Jayden Reed cleared to practice
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Never heard of the dude before haha
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Bowden is trash, can't snap his way out of a wet paper bag!
beast (23-Jul) : I'm hoping they re-sign Bowden after Love signs and this is just a game to get a 3rd QB while Love isn't practicing
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : got older over *
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Glad to hear it! And Happy Birthday! My brothers had got over over weekend
Cheesey (23-Jul) : Hi Kevin! Yes, I'm still alive. Just turned 67 a few days ago.
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Alan has entered the building!!
dfosterf (23-Jul) : Cutting Bowden is odd. I do remember reading he needed to work on his velocity, but don't even know how fixable that is
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Packers signed a QB today
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Packers long snapper Peter Bowden has been released to sign Jacob Eason.
wpr (23-Jul) : I heard Reed tweeked his ankle and his youth camp.
beast (23-Jul) : I believe NJI is usually used for pre-NFL injuries (rookies) and vets that got injured doing something they weren't supposed to.
beast (23-Jul) : Might be interesting to hear how Reed got injured, as I believe NJI is non-football and teams don't have to pay you list.
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : Love won't practice until new deal is agreed. Ok, my stance changed
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : TRAIIIIINNNNNING CAMP!!! let's fookin go!!!
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : Jayden Reed placed on Non-Football Injury list
beast (21-Jul) : Yeah with the way the cap went up, don't be surprised if the new good QB gets more than $55 million per season
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Kenny Clark. Extended!!
buckeyepackfan (21-Jul) : The "raw" number will probably be in that area. The numbers to look at are signing bonus. Guaranteed money, and Salary Cap Hit each year.
dfosterf (21-Jul) : Those numbers align with my guesstimate. Might find out tomorrow
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Saw some rumor the Love contract is around 5 years $280m. There's no way.
Zero2Cool (19-Jul) : Packers sign wide receivers Rory Starkey and Jalen Wayne, waive Alex McGough.
Zero2Cool (19-Jul) : Free agent QB Jake Fromm worked out for the #Packers today,
Zero2Cool (18-Jul) : Cobb has NOT retired. open to playing in right situation
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
9m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jul / Fantasy Sports Talk / Mucky Tundra

23-Jul / Around The NFL / beast

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.