Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Rodgers has been in his offense for 3-4 years. Favre has been with the Jets for less than a month of pre season where most of his time has been spent learning a new system & terminology because the Packers tried to sabotage his career and he STILL is the best in the league. Put it on your plate, play with it, put it in your mouth, chew it and swallow it for your pre game meal when you watch Matt Flynn lead the team out the tunnel.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

He's been on the bench for three years. WATCHING Brett play his 14th, 15th and 16th seasons.

Gosh not being a 100% asshole to comments like this is a helluva challenge for me.

Brett has played what, 16 full seasons?
Aaron has played in what, 10 games, four of them full?

And you're going to use that to compare them?

OMG Aaron has sat on the bench for three years and OMG Brett played in HUNDREDS of games.

Dude, LEARN something about football. A route is a ROUTE no matter what you label it as. Brett is an extremely talented QB, probably the best to ever play if you ask me. To compare him with Aaron Rodgers ... c'mon be smarter than that.

This constant comparing Brett with Aaron just makes Packers fans look idiotic. Brett is a freaking ICON people, he's a JET, get over it and move forward.

Most --- if not all Packers fans miss having Brett as their QB, but its not right to piss on Aaron because he IS NOT Brett Favre, there is ONE and only ONE Brett Favre. Is this really that difficult to grasp?
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago
My beef is hating one of the 2 to make the other one look better. Is there something wrong with rooting for both of them to succeed?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
IronMan
15 years ago

My beef is hating one of the 2 to make the other one look better. Is there something wrong with rooting for both of them to succeed?

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I root for both as well.
Melt74
15 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

+1

<--Longtime lurker here who is pretty appalled at the way some fans are handling the QB change. I just thought I'd quote ZS instead of typing up 4 paragraphs myself that could be summed up with his statement.
blank
WhiskeySam
15 years ago

Rodgers has been in his offense for 3-4 years. Favre has been with the Jets for less than a month of pre season where most of his time has been spent learning a new system & terminology because the Packers tried to sabotage his career and he STILL is the best in the league. Put it on your plate, play with it, put it in your mouth, chew it and swallow it for your pre game meal when you watch Matt Flynn lead the team out the tunnel.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

He's been on the bench for three years. WATCHING Brett play his 14th, 15th and 16th seasons.

Gosh not being a 100% asshole to comments like this is a helluva challenge for me.

Brett has played what, 16 full seasons?
Aaron has played in what, 10 games, four of them full?

And you're going to use that to compare them?

OMG Aaron has sat on the bench for three years and OMG Brett played in HUNDREDS of games.

Dude, LEARN something about football. A route is a ROUTE no matter what you label it as. Brett is an extremely talented QB, probably the best to ever play if you ask me. To compare him with Aaron Rodgers ... c'mon be smarter than that.

This constant comparing Brett with Aaron just makes Packers fans look idiotic. Brett is a freaking ICON people, he's a JET, get over it and move forward.

Most --- if not all Packers fans miss having Brett as their QB, but its not right to piss on Aaron because he IS NOT Brett Favre, there is ONE and only ONE Brett Favre. Is this really that difficult to grasp?

"Gravedigga" wrote:

This comparison was inevitable the moment t.t. decided to go with Aaron Rodgers over BF , and it won't go away unless we go deep in the playoffs because the expectation was for this team to be a contender had Favre been QB.

And I feel dirty for having broken down and used the heads.
Nemo me impune lacessit
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I sure as hell hope not, because that's what I'm doing. I want Brett to win in NYC and cement his legacy as THE best QB to have ever stepped on a football field, and I want Aaron to win in Green Bay, seeing as how he's our QB now.

And I don't see any conflict there.
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

I sure as hell hope not, because that's what I'm doing. I want Brett to win in NYC and cement his legacy as THE best QB to have ever stepped on a football field, and I want Aaron to win in Green Bay, seeing as how he's our QB now.

And I don't see any conflict there.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Awesome. That's exactly what I want for BF too. I said last year he's the 2nd best QB in the NFL, this year, he has a legitimate shot to end 2008 as the best active QB in the NFL at the age of 39. How insane would that be?

And of course, I want Aaron Rodgers to get 14 wins and go on to win the SB. Why 14? Well, we lost 2 already. :lol:
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago

Brett who oh you mean the guy that threw 6tds today and is close to leading the league now if im mistaking he has the lead.

"GBPackerFan4Life" wrote:

You're correct. Favre has 12 td's. Nobody else even has 10.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Ah, Rivers has 10. Not to mention a few teams had a bye week...and Brees has the most completions and ypg...and Rodgers has less total interceptions.

"dhazer" wrote:

Ahhh to be 10 years younger, just think 2o years from now you might be able to tell someone younger than you about this kid Aaron Rodgers who took over for a legend and held his own and made his own path in Packer History, I sure hope you get that chance.

Supporting Aaron Rodgers doesn't mean you have to not support BF, and vice versa.

Those of you who think you have to hate on BF, remember the better he does this year the better it is for The Green Bay Packers.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Yes, TED made ALL of the decisions regarding Favre. McCarthy and Favre had NOTHING to do with it once so ever.

I must have special access to reading material or something.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (21h) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (22h) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.