DakotaT
13 years ago

The reason this world is so fucked up is because of the way we raise our kids.

You can't play dodge ball because little Timmy might get a bloody nose. "Tag" isn't allowed anymore because it might hurt the fat kid's feelings. Some schools don't give Ds or Fs because it makes kids feel stupid. Some schools don't use red ink when grading papers because red ink is too "stressfull." You can't make this shit up. No one is ever allowed to feel bad, ever.

These kids grow up to be whiney ass lazy peices of shit. Whiny ass lazy peices of shit that I have to deal with everyday. They think they are entitled to everything. Thats why this country is so far in debt. People complain about the government wasting money, but I firmly believe that people get the government they deserve. No one wants to save up to buy anything. They want everything NOW.

My philosophy, if you can't afford something, don't buy it. If you aren't ready for/can't afford to have kids, don't have them. Its not rocket science.

Originally Posted by: IronMan 

It's a good thing I'm a hardass and Julie's a cupcake. It should make for some well rounded kids. Pussification right Iron?
UserPostedImage
Porforis
13 years ago

That's right, but I'm only punishing a very small percentage of people to help the masses. If you think about it, it's pretty righteous.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

So you can conclusively say without a doubt that if you were allowed to strip the top 5%, or even individual people that you chose of some or all of their money and power, that you would make the world a better place? Is there ANYBODY on this planet that can honestly say they understand the economics and psychology of an entire planet well enough to guarantee without any doubt whatsoever that they'll make the world a better place? I'm not opposed to trying to make the world a better place, but when you start talking about stripping people of money, rights, and possessions for the sake of being "fair", I just have to shake my head. If you honestly think that you understand the universe that well, and that your own human frailties wouldn't get in the way of being fair and objective your ego might as well be the entire universe.
4PackGirl
13 years ago

You can't play dodge ball because little Timmy might get a bloody nose. "Tag" isn't allowed anymore because it might hurt the fat kid's feelings. Some schools don't give Ds or Fs because it makes kids feel stupid. Some schools don't use red ink when grading papers because red ink is too "stressfull." You can't make this shit up. No one is ever allowed to feel bad, ever.

These kids grow up to be whiney ass lazy peices of shit. Whiny ass lazy peices of shit that I have to deal with everyday. They think they are entitled to everything. Thats why this country is so far in debt. People complain about the government wasting money, but I firmly believe that people get the government they deserve. No one wants to save up to buy anything. They want everything NOW.

My philosophy, if you can't afford something, don't buy it. If you aren't ready for/can't afford to have kids, don't have them. Its not rocket science.

my kids play dodgeball in school, starting in 2nd grade are given d's & f's, their papers are marked with a red pen, & they're not pussies at all. i might have a happy-go-lucky outlook on life but my kids tow the damn line. they have chores to do every single day. when they want something extra, they use their allowance to buy it. they're learning the value of a dollar & how much they have to work to earn those dollars. these are values instilled in me by my parents. when they screw up, they hear about it - loudly! when we go out anywhere, they are expected to be quiet & courteous. no whining allowed or i kick their asses. almost everytime we're out, they get compliments for being well behaved. at first, it was flattering but now, i can't help but wonder - why isn't that just expected any more?!?

it took me nearly 9 years to get to this point as a parent. when i was getting divorced, i felt sorry for them & turned into quite the namby pamby mommy. they were turning into absolute spoiled little shits & i had only myself to blame. so i woke up & started being an actual parent. they might not like me at times but i'm cool with that.

and i completely agree with iron - what's wrong with this country is us!! we've ran it into the ground so far that we are screwed as a nation. but yeah, blame the dems &/or reps - it's easier & Lord knows everyone wants the easy way out.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Yep, everything has to be politically correct on nearly every level. It's a reason why we're becoming a weak nation in my opinion.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
13 years ago

my kids play dodgeball in school, starting in 2nd grade are given d's & f's, their papers are marked with a red pen, & they're not pussies at all. i might have a happy-go-lucky outlook on life but my kids tow the damn line. they have chores to do every single day. when they want something extra, they use their allowance to buy it. they're learning the value of a dollar & how much they have to work to earn those dollars. these are values instilled in me by my parents. when they screw up, they hear about it - loudly! when we go out anywhere, they are expected to be quiet & courteous. no whining allowed or i kick their asses. almost everytime we're out, they get compliments for being well behaved. at first, it was flattering but now, i can't help but wonder - why isn't that just expected any more?!?

it took me nearly 9 years to get to this point as a parent. when i was getting divorced, i felt sorry for them & turned into quite the namby pamby mommy. they were turning into absolute spoiled little shits & i had only myself to blame. so i woke up & started being an actual parent. they might not like me at times but i'm cool with that.

and i completely agree with iron - what's wrong with this country is us!! we've ran it into the ground so far that we are screwed as a nation. but yeah, blame the dems &/or reps - it's easier & Lord knows everyone wants the easy way out.

Originally Posted by: 4PackGirl 

+1 if it were applicable, obviously I'm a bit biased because you're raising your kids in a similar fashion to the way that I was raised but I think it's very important to teach them early on about the correlation between effort in and rewards out to avoid raising spoiled brats. I hope you're proud that your kids are more adult-like than millions of adults in this country.
4PackGirl
13 years ago
i'm very proud of my boys. they've been thru hell & back in their short lives, had to grow up a little earlier than some kids, had to accept the fact that they have a dad who has lied to their faces, missed visitations with them, is an alcoholic but that he still loves them (hard concept for kids to grasp), that everything in the world does NOT revolve around them, & that i've tried to make the best choices i can so they can grow, thrive, & be protected. they're by no means perfect lil angels - they irritate the hell outta me sometimes but i have high expectations for them - it's not about grades in school, how many sports they play, or anything like that - it's about the way they treat people, the respect they show, & pretty much not acting like little brats. they talk about death & heaven alot - a product of losing their grandpa. they're fascinating little human beings & i love them to pieces.
zombieslayer
13 years ago

=d>
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DakotaT
13 years ago

So you can conclusively say without a doubt that if you were allowed to strip the top 5%, or even individual people that you chose of some or all of their money and power, that you would make the world a better place? Is there ANYBODY on this planet that can honestly say they understand the economics and psychology of an entire planet well enough to guarantee without any doubt whatsoever that they'll make the world a better place? I'm not opposed to trying to make the world a better place, but when you start talking about stripping people of money, rights, and possessions for the sake of being "fair", I just have to shake my head. If you honestly think that you understand the universe that well, and that your own human frailties wouldn't get in the way of being fair and objective your ego might as well be the entire universe.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

I'm talking about the blood moneys sucked out of the masses by unrighteous men and women that are not good corporate citizens. I'm also talking about the trillions sitting in the Vatican (that purgatory thing worked out pretty well for the Church). You can bring up all kinds of tangents, but the bottom line is that most of wealth in this world has been ill gotton off the backs of indigenous people through deception and plain basic thievery. I'm talking about a reckoning because the seventh angel has been taking notes and his book is pretty full of the bullshit that the so called kings of the earth have been doing.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
13 years ago

I'm talking about the blood moneys sucked out of the masses by unrighteous men and women that are not good corporate citizens. I'm also talking about the trillions sitting in the Vatican (that purgatory thing worked out pretty well for the Church). You can bring up all kinds of tangents, but the bottom line is that most of wealth in this world has been ill gotton off the backs of indigenous people through deception and plain basic thievery. I'm talking about a reckoning because the seventh angel has been taking notes and his book is pretty full of the bullshit that the so called kings of the earth have been doing.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

You're missing my entire point, utterly and completely. If you're that aware of how your "corrective" actions would affect the entire world and can say without a doubt that the world would be a better place in the end, you either wildly overestimate your abilities or are borderline godlike.
DakotaT
13 years ago

You're missing my entire point, utterly and completely. If you're that aware of how your "corrective" actions would affect the entire world and can say without a doubt that the world would be a better place in the end, you either wildly overestimate your abilities or are borderline godlike.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

I guess we'll just have to wait it out, and no I have no illusions of grandeur, but I certainly am no fool that accepts everything at face value. I am much more a fan of the Old Testament punishing God than I am of the all forgiving Jesus that the organized religions teach us. One thing hardly ever taught was the anger Christ held back. What I think I know is that it is time for each person to get "good with God" and clean his own house.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (2h) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (3h) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (3h) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (3h) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : No surprise, Love inactive
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Inactives: 10 QB Jordan Love 27 S Kitan Oladapo 57 DL Brenton Cox Jr. 73 T Andre Dillard 79 T Travis Glover 96 DL Colby Wooden
Martha Careful (14-Sep) : Wisconsin football stinks. OL good, Pauling good. all else MEH
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Jordan Love downgraded to doubtful for tomorrow's game
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Sean Clifford just got called up. No Love tomorrow. No shock either.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : I know it's probably to mess with the Colts but I'm just huffing copium honestly
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : So you're saying there's *a chance*?
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Packers officially listed QB Jordan Love (knee) as questionable for Sunday's game vs. the \Colts.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Confirmed concussion for Tua
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Yikes, possibly another concussion for Tua
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Who did you try dumping Cooks off onto?
dhazer (13-Sep) : glad my other trade was rejected Cook has 28 at halftime lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

16-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.