IronMan
  • IronMan
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
......acting like douchebags:

Unions used to be about protecting workers' rights. Now they're just a bunch of greedy assbags that protest special olympic ceremonies , and vandalize catholic schools.
dyeah_gb
13 years ago
I wish success to all the students at these choice schools. It seems the one from the video bestows all of the qualities that a young generation needs. That is why the parents have made the effort to send their students there.

The US truly lives in a bizarro world right now. My head spins everytime I think about the events that transpired during the union legislation fiasco from Wisconsin. 12 Dems literally went AWOL in the face of a significant piece of legislation. Watching from afar in MD, I could only think of how poorly these reps and the media must hold the concept of a republic. In the aftermath, there has been no talk about the borderline illegal behavior of the 12 reps that left. Even during the success of the republicans holding seats during the recent recall, there has been little mention of the absurdity of leaving the state to avoid a vote. After seeing how these previous events have unfolded, very little surprises me from these union protests and their coverage.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Porforis
13 years ago
On the spot with the douchebag accusation here. Not to say that everyone protesting was out of line, but quite a few were.

I really, really think this country is going down a very dark path and that it has more to do with the people in this country than it does with our elected officials (I'd give it a 70-30 split). People get so worked up about things that they stop thinking objectively. They see their political opponents as stupid, evil, and don't stop for 10 seconds to think that maybe a difference in opinion doesn't automatically mean that someone is bad. I'll steal from Obama and put forth a call to civility, with a slight modification: Let's try very, very hard to treat EVERY person we meet with a base level of human respect and civility and not automatically assume people are stupid or evil just because they disagree with you. The mindset to assume that you are more intelligent and a better person than everyone you disagree with is dangerous and ridiculously ego-heavy. We all make mistakes, stop assuming that you make less than other people.

Somewhat on-topic:

Formo
13 years ago
Unbelieveable.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
dyeah_gb
13 years ago
More absurdity from unions in Wi 
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Porforis
13 years ago
As much as I sometimes like hearing a lot of people agreeing with me, I do like dissenting opinions even if I do end up arguing with them. ;)

Come now, nobody be shy.
Packerchick
13 years ago
These protesters should be arrested for stalking.
I am a woman and I love football.
4PackGirl
13 years ago

As much as I sometimes like hearing a lot of people agreeing with me, I do like dissenting opinions even if I do end up arguing with them. ;)

Come now, nobody be shy.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

sorry porforis, you won't get an argument from me. it never ceases to amaze me that we, as a people, do nothing but blame everyone else for our lot in life & how the country is run.
if you're happy, give back.
if you're unhappy, make some changes.
we only go around this big ole world once. i like going thru it as happy as i can, deal with the rough times, & come out on the other side learning something & gaining more perspective. i'm not unique. i'm not special. i'm just me. i'm no better than anyone else.
biggest lesson i've learned recently - you have no idea what the 'other guy' has gone thru, dealt with, seen, or done so how can you judge him?
Porforis
13 years ago

i'm not unique. i'm not special. i'm just me. i'm no better than anyone else.
biggest lesson i've learned recently - you have no idea what the 'other guy' has gone thru, dealt with, seen, or done so how can you judge him?

Originally Posted by: 4PackGirl 

Just because you're not putting yourself up on a pedestal claiming to be smarter, better, etc than everyone else doesn't make you any less unique or special. Kids in recent years keep on growing up being told they're special, but perhaps we're not doing a good enough job explaining to people what special is. We're all unique people from birth, and our unique life experiences shape who we become and how we view the world around us. We're a product of our nature and our enviornment, it's fine to be proud of who you are but it's dangerous to lose site of other people's uniqueness and become self-centered. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to feel proud about who you are and what you've overcome to become the person you are today.
DakotaT
13 years ago
Pride is one of the seven deadlies. So I'm not getting caught up in being proud for my suffering. We don't all piss at the same urinal, which is very apparent to me.

We've covered our country's two biggest sins of sloth and greed lately. It is very apparent our country is the biggest glutton on the planet. Lust is definately everywhere.

Envy consumes me as a wallow in what is fair and unfair about the social and financial structure our world. Some folk have it way too easy and the only way I see to fix that is instituting wrath by reinstituting guillotine justice for those top 5%ers who suck the life right out of all of us by controlling everything.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (3h) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (3h) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (3h) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (3h) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : No surprise, Love inactive
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Inactives: 10 QB Jordan Love 27 S Kitan Oladapo 57 DL Brenton Cox Jr. 73 T Andre Dillard 79 T Travis Glover 96 DL Colby Wooden
Martha Careful (14-Sep) : Wisconsin football stinks. OL good, Pauling good. all else MEH
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Jordan Love downgraded to doubtful for tomorrow's game
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Sean Clifford just got called up. No Love tomorrow. No shock either.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : I know it's probably to mess with the Colts but I'm just huffing copium honestly
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : So you're saying there's *a chance*?
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Packers officially listed QB Jordan Love (knee) as questionable for Sunday's game vs. the \Colts.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Confirmed concussion for Tua
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Yikes, possibly another concussion for Tua
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Who did you try dumping Cooks off onto?
dhazer (13-Sep) : glad my other trade was rejected Cook has 28 at halftime lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

16-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.