nerdmann
13 years ago

Edited by admin, this is the last time I'm going to warn you, click the link and read it. No More Full Article Copy/Paste!
http://packershome.com/tabid/63/g/posts/t/13418/Forum--Can-I-Post-Full-Articles.aspx 

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I actually prefer just adding a link with commentary. Having to post the whole thing was a pain in the ass. Didn't know you wanted us to take the easy way. Thanks!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
13 years ago

Use Firefox, amigo. Has a spell check built in.

And Nerdmann I think can take care of himself. He and I substantially disagree on Grant's skill sets. No biggie. It's just he doesn't understand that I also like Starks and was thinking in praising Grant, I was somehow dissing Starks.

I love seeing Starks run people over. He's awesome, and I'm glad he was around in the Playoffs last year when we needed him.

I just believe Nerdmann needs to give Grant a little bit more credit. Grant's a solid RB and those numbers I put up proved it.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

I also give Grant credit. He's adequate at what he does, which is getting yardage between the tackles. People say I'm a "Grant hater." So I say if that equals "Grant hate," then what you say must equal "Starks hate." I love you man. xoxo
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
mi_keys
13 years ago

I also give Grant credit. He's adequate at what he does, which is getting yardage between the tackles. People say I'm a "Grant hater." So I say if that equals "Grant hate," then what you say must equal "Starks hate." I love you man. xoxo

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

If one were to compile every single post you have made on this forum prior to the one I am quoting and take the aggregate of all your praise for Grant, it would not equal what credit you have given him in this post.
Born and bred a cheesehead
evad04
13 years ago

If one were to compile every single post you have made on this forum prior to the one I am quoting and take the aggregate of all your praise for Grant, it would not equal what credit you have given him in this post.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

Among the many claims regarding Grant, Nerd has professed on multiple occasions that B-Jack was the superior RB. While not necessarily qualifying as a slander against Grant, I think it nonetheless demonstrates a serious case of Acute Analytic Perversion (AAP).

AAP is not lethal but it's still no laughing matter (though I confess occasionally I do laugh).

William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
nerdmann
13 years ago

Among the many claims regarding Grant, Nerd has professed on multiple occasions that B-Jack was the superior RB. While not necessarily qualifying as a slander against Grant, I think it nonetheless demonstrates a serious case of Acute Analytic Perversion (AAP).

AAP is not lethal but it's still no laughing matter (though I confess occasionally I do laugh).

Originally Posted by: evad04 

I think he's a better receiver, cuts much better and has better vision. Then again, that's not necessarily saying alot.
zombieslayer
13 years ago
As a pure runner, Grant is our best RB. He's also the best in the open field. He doesn't break tackles as well as Starks does. He's not a good receiver. So no, he's not a complete RB. But then again, who is? Wallie Payton is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. He could do it all, and was an outstanding blocker as well. Even AP's not as good as a receiver as Chester Taylor was.

So on 1st and 2nd down, Grant is the guy I want back there. He should take the majority of the carries. 🇹🇹 and 🇲🇲 agree with me.

I will miss B-Jack as a 3rd down back. He was a solid blocker and afaik, didn't allow a single sack last year.

And like I've said probably 3 or 4 times in this thread, Grant will get 1200+ yards and 8 TDs this year. That's nothing to scoff at. I'd put him in the top 10 RBs in the NFL and for you fantasy players out there, he's worth looking at.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Pack93z
13 years ago
Grant, Starks, Green and Kuhn for the most part will determine via production whom gets the most carries and when.

I happen to think Grants gets stronger (in a rhythm so to speak) as the game wears on.. IMO, he will be afforded the opportunity to take the bulk of the carries this season with Starks picking up the fringe carries and offers a change of pace. If he can't shoulder the load.. that may change rapidly.

Green, IMO, is the wild card and with his short compact running style, could steal carries as the season wears on from both of the other two. Personally with the limited time I have watched this kid, outside of the Packers carries he has gotten, he has an impressive running style.. short strider in traffic with good change of direction skills.. something both Starks and Grant lack.. both of them are power style one cut and go backs.

Green seems more dynamic.. and if he can be decisive with is lane decisions yet keep that style present I think he has a chance to be very effective for us. And through college he has shown a very capable receiver..

So.. I think Grant carries the bulk this season with Starks carrying the balance and Green getting specific game situation duty. Next season, I would not be surprised to see either Green or Starks be the main back and the other pulling Starks duty this season.

If Green develops on a natural path.. I can see us having a nice rotation for a couple of years with Starks and Green.. maybe then the Packers will explore a scat speed type back to compliment.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I think Ryan Grant has some nude pics of zombieslayer. Ryan Grant a better runner than James Starks? I don't recall Starks running into his own guys routinely like I have with Grant. I suppose you'll skirt that one an say 'but thats vision, not pure running'.

Ryan Grant, you might get a -1 or 40 yarder and lots to be desired coming out of the backfield receiving.
James Starks, you'll get positive yardage, but most likely nothing past 20 yards and so-so receiving out of the backfield.

The biggest gripe I have with James Starks is he runs too damn wide.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago

Grant, Starks, Green and Kuhn for the most part will determine via production whom gets the most carries and when.

I happen to think Grants gets stronger (in a rhythm so to speak) as the game wears on.. IMO, he will be afforded the opportunity to take the bulk of the carries this season with Starks picking up the fringe carries and offers a change of pace. If he can't shoulder the load.. that may change rapidly.

Green, IMO, is the wild card and with his short compact running style, could steal carries as the season wears on from both of the other two. Personally with the limited time I have watched this kid, outside of the Packers carries he has gotten, he has an impressive running style.. short strider in traffic with good change of direction skills.. something both Starks and Grant lack.. both of them are power style one cut and go backs.

Green seems more dynamic.. and if he can be decisive with is lane decisions yet keep that style present I think he has a chance to be very effective for us. And through college he has shown a very capable receiver..

So.. I think Grant carries the bulk this season with Starks carrying the balance and Green getting specific game situation duty. Next season, I would not be surprised to see either Green or Starks be the main back and the other pulling Starks duty this season.

If Green develops on a natural path.. I can see us having a nice rotation for a couple of years with Starks and Green.. maybe then the Packers will explore a scat speed type back to compliment.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

My feelings with Grant getting better as the game progresses is that he's an endurance runner. Defenders start getting tired in the 2nd half and especially in the 4th Q. Grant stays the same throughout the game. Yet another thing I like about Grant.

And no, Zero. He doesn't have nude pics of me (that I know of). Check his stats. He busts longer (20+ yards) runs almost every game as he's got burst.

As for Starks, his longest run was 18 yards in the regular season. He had a 27 yard rush against the Eagles in the 1st Playoff game. The 2nd Playoff game, both Starks and B-Jack had 13 yard rushes. Against da Bears, Starks had a 16 yard run but Aaron had a 25 yard run. In the SB, he had a 14 yard run.

Starks has yet to bust a long one. Does that mean he can't? NO. It just says he has yet to do it. Grant has had a lot of long runs, but as we've discussed ad nauseum, he's had a lot more carries. Starks running style though like you said is too damn wide and that may be a problem when it comes to busting long ones. Starks does break tackles better than Grant though.

I don't understand why I have to defend Grant so much here. He's a pretty good RB.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Check his stats. He busts longer (20+ yards) runs almost every game as he's got burst.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Maybe you should check his stats. Last time you said to do so, I did and it was more like every other game he had a 20+ yard rush. Either way, 20+ yard gains are not a sole indicator of a running back being a good runner. Ryan Grant is a good running back and if he was a better runner, he'd have more yards. I even outlined this in an article a couple years back with a video. He ran into his own guy and if he made one cut, he'd have been gone, assuming he could run past the safety.

UserPostedImage