wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

I agree, we're very lucky.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

The astonishing part is not only did GB win the SB, they had to go out and find 15 players during the middle of the year.
That happens all the time.
UserPostedImage
mi_keys
13 years ago

The astonishing part is not only did GB win the SB, they had to go out and find 15 players during the middle of the year.
That happens all the time.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I know. I once had 20 guys on IR in Madden and I still finished 16-0, broke every single-season individual record, and won the Super Bowl 57-3. Easy.
Born and bred a cheesehead
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

I know. I once had 20 guys on IR in Madden and I still finished 16-0, broke every single-season individual record, and won the Super Bowl 57-3. Easy.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

I am so proud of you. The coach of the other team must have been Lovie.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I am so proud of you. The coach of the other team must have been Lovie.

dude was playing on rookie
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
13 years ago

You know what makes me smile? Is that there are so many people on this board that are smarter than 🇲🇲 and 🇹🇹
I feel honored to be allowed to be in their presence.
And it is not just this year. Every year there are a few.

I'm also better looking than they are.
Starks gets look as third-down back

On the ground, running back James Starks has hardly been tested this preseason. He has a grand total of three carries. That's hardly worth putting under the microscope.

At Indianapolis, the Packers threw the ball 72 percent of the time. Again, the no-huddle offense took centerstage. Still, Starks did get a close look as the third-down back. He caught five passes for 38 yards. And while it appeared that Starks was partially at fault for one sack, offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said he was not.

Philbin wouldn’t declare anyone the third-down back yet. Rookie Alex Green and fullback John Kuhn are also in the mix. A lack of exotic blitzes makes preseason games difficult to read, Philbin said.

The Packers are bound to see many more packages from, say, Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams than they did last Friday.

“Obviously the checkdowns are important, timing with the quarterback and all that,” Philbin said. “But the real proof in the pudding is if you can step up and take on a linebacker. Can you find the blitzing safety regardless of what side he lines up on? That’s to be determined. You orchestrate it the best you can in practice and see if we can put him in as many situations as possible. But you have to get out there and do it.”

Starks’ only carry against the Colts was a two-yard gain in the second quarter. As a receiver, he showed promise with receptions of 11, 15 and seven during the drive that ended in Chastin West's nullified touchdown. Starks slipped behind his blocks and finished plays. On the 15-yarder, he blasted through Colts defensive back David Caldwell, who haphazardly tried to tackle him too high.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/128640888.html 

JSO wrote:

Edited by admin, this is the last time I'm going to warn you, click the link and read it. No More Full Article Copy/Paste!
http://packershome.com/tabid/63/g/posts/t/13418/Forum--Can-I-Post-Full-Articles.aspx 
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
mi_keys
13 years ago

dude was playing on rookie

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Shhh, you'll ruin my story.
Born and bred a cheesehead
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

I'm also better looking than they are.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/128640888.html 

Starks gets look as third-down back

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I have no doubt about that. 👍
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
  • DakotaT
  • Select Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
I'm so confused as to what we are discussing anymore. All I know is that Nerdmann and I are super cool, handsome, and smarter than anybody else in here - and that Ryan Grant, DD, and CC are playing his last year in Green Bay.

Oh yeah, and Zero's french name is Dumas'.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I'm so confused as to what we are discussing anymore. All I know is that Nerdmann and I are super cool, handsome, and smarter than anybody else in here - and that Ryan Grant, DD, and CC are playing his last year in Green Bay.

Oh yeah, and Zero's french name is Dumas'.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

If you were 'super cool', you would spell peoples names rather than be a complete cock douche and use initials.

Ryan Grant
James Starks
Alex Green

One of the latter two will be the 3rd down back. I don't see how John Kuhn can do 3rd down duties unless he's superior in pass blocking/blitz pickup over the other two fellas.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago
So Ryan Grant plays 1st and 2nd downs and will get 1200+ yards and 8 TDs. Starks will play 3rd downs and get 400+ yards, 3 TDs, plus 300 receiving yards and another 2 TDs receiving.

Yay! Everyone wins, especially ZS who will get a $400 bottle of Scotch from Vikesrule in November.

Now, what are we all arguing about again? And it's taken 16 pages to get to this conclusion? Wow. [down]
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Similar Topics
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (10h) : I think that's how it works.
    Zero2Cool (11h) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
    Zero2Cool (11h) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
    hardrocker950 (14h) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
    Mucky Tundra (15h) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
    Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
    Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
    wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
    bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
    Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
    Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
    Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
    Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : No surprise, Love inactive
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Inactives: 10 QB Jordan Love 27 S Kitan Oladapo 57 DL Brenton Cox Jr. 73 T Andre Dillard 79 T Travis Glover 96 DL Colby Wooden
    Martha Careful (14-Sep) : Wisconsin football stinks. OL good, Pauling good. all else MEH
    Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Jordan Love downgraded to doubtful for tomorrow's game
    Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Sean Clifford just got called up. No Love tomorrow. No shock either.
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2024 Packers Schedule
    Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
    Eagles
    Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
    COLTS
    Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
    Titans
    Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
    Rams
    Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
    CARDINALS
    Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
    TEXANS
    Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
    Jaguars
    Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
    LIONS
    Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
    49ERS
    Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
    DOLPHINS
    Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
    Seahawks
    Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
    SAINTS
    Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
    Vikings
    Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
    BEARS
    Recent Topics
    4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

16-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.