Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Maybe some of us tax paying Americans recognize that we are in no way on an even playing field with these athletes. It's not an apples to apples comparison. It's more like apples to dogshit.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Bullshit, I can kick 30 yard field goals with more consistency than Mason Crosby.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

Bullshit, I can kick 30 yard field goals with more consistency than Mason Crosby.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

OK Charlie Brown.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago

Maybe some of us tax paying Americans recognize that we are in no way on an even playing field with these athletes. It's not an apples to apples comparison. It's more like apples to dogshit.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Honestly.. I don't think we are to be compared in terms of income nor the taxes they pay upon that.. I agree most of us are in a different universe in terms of income vs tax ratio. And personally I hold no contempt in them getting "paid".

Where I take exception is in the fact that the entire sports industry is afforded overall tax and legal exceptions that most of America isn't afforded.

And these breaks do cost us, the Tax paying Americans, in our wallets on top of our money that we spend on their product. Without these exceptions, both tax and legally, these leagues would not be able to rake in the profits that they do. Thus these owners and athletes would have less to divvy between them overall.

As a society, most can agree that we have too much government overall, we have waste and pork in every dollar this government spends.

And here we have leagues that are being given "extra", yet both sides will boldly state that they aren't being treated fairly or that they don't have enough of the pie.

Well damn it.. a chunk of that pie is a benefit afforded you via special treatment from the government in addition to tax burdens being put into place to fund your arenas and stadiums that don't come out of your annual profits.

So for them to cost other citizens even a red cent over there greed.. well I will hold a bit of contempt towards them.

I respect your stance in that it matters little to you.. more or less I am explaining my view point.

It is not that they have "more".. it is simply how they handle themselves with "more "and in the manner that that "more" came. The sports leagues in this country drive a ton of business, no doubt, and they provide hundreds of thousands of jobs. But along with that they are most definitely given exceptions that allow them to garner "more" internally, exceptions that most of this country are not afforded. Sure corporate America is afford more than your average citizen as well.. but they are wise enough not to flaunt nor play the public as openly as these sports leagues have and will continue to do so.

Is it outside of the norm that I see in this country overall? Everything is driven on greed and failing to see and respect what we have in place of what we want. But just because it is part of the norm, doesn't make it right.. so view me as overly righteous upon this issue. That is fine.. it just doesn't change my opinion upon the topic.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
We're not a greedy country, c'mon!

It's not like we have a mobile device maker suing every competitor they can imagine,
or people trying to sue someone who was acquitted of murder because they aren't happy with the verdict,
or people cutting someone off and slamming on their brakes to get a beefy insurance check claiming they were re-ended,
or millionaires arguing with billionaires how to slice up 9 billion dollars,
or people creating an application that says your computer is infected with a virus (that they just installed) and to buy XX product to remove it,
or paying nearly $4 for a gallon of GAS.

We live in America, where that stuff simply does not happen because we're not greedy.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago
Just another example.. now we have individual players that want "more" than brethren. Here I thought they were one for all and all for one in equality.

Peyton Manning and Drew Brees request settlement terms

Drew Brees AP

Logan Mankins and Vincent Jackson aren’t the only Brady antitrust plaintiffs that will want a little sweetening of the pie.

Drew Brees and Peyton Manning both are requesting to be exempt from the franchise tag for the rest of their careers, according to Greg A. Bedard of the Boston Globe.

Bedard’s source says that would be effective immediately, which would conceivably make Manning an unrestricted free agent next week.  (Now that would fun.)   Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com confirmed Bedard’s report. This could slow the process down a bit, but we find it hard to believe the plaintiffs couldn’t be settled quickly, one way or another.

The NFLPA* appears sensitive to the P.R. of players looking like bad guys in the process.

Rely on the process and rely on your player leadership to get you the right information. Don’t let ‘anonymous sources’ influence you,” NFLPA* spokesman George Atallah wrote on Twitter.

We think there is room for all of the above to be completely accurate.  It is not a surprise Brees, Manning, Mankins, and Jackson are trying to get what they can.

That doesn’t mean the players will get what they want, but it’s part of the “process” that Atallah describes.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
12 years ago

We're not a greedy country, c'mon!

It's not like we have a mobile device maker suing every competitor they can imagine,
or people trying to sue someone who was acquitted of murder because they aren't happy with the verdict,
or people cutting someone off and slamming on their brakes to get a beefy insurance check claiming they were re-ended,
or millionaires arguing with billionaires how to slice up 9 billion dollars,
or people creating an application that says your computer is infected with a virus (that they just installed) and to buy XX product to remove it,
or paying nearly $4 for a gallon of GAS.

We live in America, where that stuff simply does not happen because we're not greedy.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Or getting all the snatch you can handle when you are single only to sign yourself up for marriage, wait, what are we talking about again?
UserPostedImage
The_Claymaker
12 years ago
_
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
WTF? I didn't say all that shit! Quite putting words in my mouth! Fix your post!!!!!!
:-({|= 👻 👻 :-" :-" :-" 👻 👻 👻 👻 👻 👻 😳 😳 🤥 🤥 🤥

Smiley gone nuts!
UserPostedImage
The_Claymaker
12 years ago
I'm assuming you're joking and just realized the italics are my responses, but I don't really need to argue about this anymore anyway.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I'm assuming you're joking and just realized the italics are my responses, but I don't really need to argue about this anymore anyway.

Originally Posted by: The_Claymaker 

Putting YOUR words under MY name is not cool and its offensive. I'm disgusted with your lack of integrity.

You're not a ventriloquist in real life, don't try being one on a interweb forum.

Please fix your post, don't be a turd.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4h) : @ochocinco Jayden Reed bitch, learn the fucking name now got damn casual fans 🧀
Zero2Cool (26-Jun) : Thanks!
jdlax (26-Jun) : Happy belated Dad Day Kev and all
jdlax (26-Jun) : The Panthers- Canada's team
beast (26-Jun) : And the Hershey Bears for their AHL Championship 🏆 with tons of overtime games
Zero2Cool (25-Jun) : Sure getting lot of spam accounts lately.
Martha Careful (25-Jun) : Congratulations to the Florida Panthers in the NHL and U Tenn in the CWS on their championships
Zero2Cool (24-Jun) : He slammed Rodgers for not being married. And said he wants his QB settled down, not single.
wpr (24-Jun) : NOT
wpr (24-Jun) : This is such a relief. I have been so worried that Cowturd, I mean, herd would never approve of Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Colin Cowherd now approves of Jordan Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Jordan Love has proposed to his girlfriend Ronika Stone
wpr (22-Jun) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7h / Around The NFL / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Jun / Random Babble / earthquake

23-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.