tonyagnese
13 years ago

The Jags need more help at defensive end. Again. Let's move up...get A.J. Green.

"Finley88Beast" wrote:

Why do we want A.J. Green I mean we got tons of depth at WR.If anything we need to move up to get an OLB or even an DE.

"tonyagnese" wrote:

IMO, the Packers will draft at least 2 WR with the 8 picks, or package some to move up to get the one they really covet. Maryland's Torrey Smith or Kentucky's Randall Cobb could be of serious interest end of the first, or more likely trading back a bit into the 2nd.
blank
DakotaT
13 years ago
Do we now have a defensive end need in the draft, or do we just resign Jenkins. Of course counting on Jolly probably wasn't in the cards anyway.
UserPostedImage
Tezzy
13 years ago
Though McCarthy said that he wants to see how Swain will grow with more opportunities, I would not be shocked to see a wide receiver or two come off the board. We win with quality depth, and considering we ran the 5 receiver set more than the rest of the league combined, we need to stay competitive at that position. I won't question Driver until I see him when football resumes and he is recovered. Combine that with James Jones contract situation and we could easily be in need at the position.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
millertime
13 years ago

Casey is an ILB in the 3-4 defense and not a 3-4 OLB. So, Casey would ride the bench for the Pack.

You can't trade comp picks, but the Packers didn't draft Kampman under Ted Thompson or from the Javon Walker trade. Mike Sherman actually picked him. One of the few quality picks he made. Thought that was worth pointing out.

"porky88" wrote:

Kampman was a great pick and a great player for us for a long time. Made a couple Pro Bowls and was 2nd team All Pro one year. One of the BEST run stopping DEs of the past decade. I hope he retires as a Packer.

Another great Sherman pick was Scott Wells (pick 251 out of 255). He has started 84 for the Packers over since 2004. He also arguably had his best season last year. Smart as they come.
millertime
13 years ago
Looks like this gives Ted some wiggle room with that fourth round pick. I oculd see him using it to move up a couple spots in the first round or a couple spots in the second.

The teams picking in front of us (Pats, Bears, Steelers) all need offensive linemen like we do. If a player like Carimi, Costanzo, Pouncey, or Solder were to drop past pick 25, there is a very good chance that one of those teams would take them before we could. Ted has a history of trading with Belichek (see Greg Jennings & Clay Matthews). Wouldn't be surprised to see a deal there.

A trade of our 1st, 4th, and 5th for New England's 1st, and 5th works out in the trade chart. Our comp pick with our comp pick, we can basically get whoever we were targeting in Rd 4.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
deleted. posted on wrong thread. I wondered where I put it.
:face1:
UserPostedImage
13 years ago
Not bothering to check TT's history on 4th round picks, my gut tells me that this is right in the sweet spot of the draft for him.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Not bothering to check Ted Thompson's history on 4th round picks, my gut tells me that this is right in the sweet spot of the draft for him.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

2005 4a 115 S Marviel Underwood, San Diego State
(from Carolina Panthers in draft-day trade)

2006 4a 104 WR/KR Cory Rodgers, Texas Christian

2008 4a 102 DE Jeremy Thompson, Wake Forest
(from New York Jets in draft-day trade)

2005 4b 125 LB Brady Poppinga, Brigham Young

2006 4b 115 CB Will Blackmon, Boston College
(from Philadelphia Eagles in draft-day trade)

2008 4b 135 G Josh Sitton, Central Florida

2007 4 119 T/G Allen Barbre, Missouri Southern State
(from Pittsburgh Steelers in draft-day trade)

2009 4 109 G/T T.J. Lang, Eastern Michigan
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
13 years ago
Isn't there a rule against trading compensatory picks?
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

Isn't there a rule against trading compensatory picks?

"gbguy20" wrote:

yep. it is not allowed.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (11h) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (12h) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.