Pack93z
13 years ago
We might just cut them to pieces.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
sweet! ^
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
Packer Mojo.. and Cutler is a Jerk. 

As a team, Green Bay has a hefty amount of mojo on its side. I'm guessing that everyone in the Packers locker room believes, after a trying season and consecutive road playoff wins, that they are going to find a way to win next weekend no matter what. I'm not sure Chicago can match that. In the NFL, where the talent level is virtually the same across the league, mojo becomes very powerful. Getting 53 grown, jaded men moving in the same direction is hard enough. If you get them to do so enthusiastically, they are very hard to stop. That's especially true in the playoffs, as evidenced by the Jets' dismantling of the Patriots. The taunting, trash-talking Jets were the far more enthusiastic team, and that goes a long way.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Greg C.
13 years ago

This is why Packers-Vikings has been a much better rivalry for the past few decades. Next Sunday's game, regardless of the outcome, will inject some new life into the Packers-Bears rivalry.

"Dulak" wrote:

It is true for Packer Nation as a whole that the main rival has been the Vikings but down here south of the border Packer-Bears has always been the more heated rivalry.

"wpr" wrote:

ya I dont know why people talk about this vikings/packers rivalry - Ive never really heard of it until favre went to play for em. Ya sure they were a divisional rival and we had to beat em; but IMO it was just like detroit and ya sure there was a bit of rivalry going on there but IMO was nothing like the bears/packers ...

Ever since I was little growing up in kenosha there was always this packers/bears rivalry going on and it was alot more tense then I ever felt about the viks or detroit ...
seriously you guys ever go to chicago wearing packers gear; especially on game day or during football season?

"Greg C." wrote:

You never heard of the Packers-Vikings rivalry until Brett went to play for them? Seriously? That's hard to believe. I guess things are very different down there around Kenosha than they are in the rest of the state.

Bears fans are tougher and meaner, I'll give you that. But the rivalry with the Vikings is equally intense in its own way.
blank
Dulak
13 years ago

You never heard of the Packers-Vikings rivalry until Brett went to play for them? Seriously? That's hard to believe. I guess things are very different down there around Kenosha than they are in the rest of the state.

Bears fans are tougher and meaner, I'll give you that. But the rivalry with the Vikings is equally intense in its own way.

"Greg C." wrote:

hmmm ya; only been to MN once and wasnt much into football at that time ...

for me I have a list of bears stuff that I have experienced ...
- even bears fans that I have occasional have met in london (asses)
- most of my cousins (bears fans)
- working in illinois mostly as an adult (bears fans)
- spending time in illinois or chicago
- even traitors in WI that choose to support the bears (psychosis)
- my mom bought a house (in WI) that was just over the border and much of their house was decked out in bears crap; they had a big ass bar in the living room with bears crap all over it; and it was said they had all their bears crap flying around on game day etc ...
- heck wore my new packers sweatshirt coming from ohare to london on gameday 2 weeks ago ~and got joshed by the security guys at the airport (in chicago ...was all in good fun)

and meanwhile I cant think of one vikings encounter I have experienced.

like you said maybe if I grew up in MN or closer to it I would of experienced something different. Not so sure thou ...
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
50 yard line behind the Packer bench still available.

$2353 per.
stubhub 

anyone want to take me out on a date?

Warning: I'm old-fashioned. You get to pay.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
yooperfan
13 years ago
It's going to be a real helmet job but the Packers win 24-20.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
link 

Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers

Strengths: When writing a scouting report on Rodgers right now, the column labeled "Positives" would be extensive. But I really can't come up with anything major to put in the "Negatives" column. He is doing it all, and his playoff numbers are simply off the charts. His mental makeup and ability to recognize the defense and change the play at the line of scrimmage are now among the best at the position. His decision-making is tremendous. And much like Roethlisberger, his physical gifts and natural playmaking ability are unreal. But Rodgers' game isn't as up-and-down as Roethlisberger's. That isn't to say he is the better player, but there is an impressive sustaining element to Rodgers' excellence. His release might be the best and crispest in football. His accuracy is flat-out elite, as are his arm strength and his ability to make any throw. Rodgers' elusiveness, ability to throw on the move and ability to run with the football also are among the best in the game.

Plan of attack: Figuring out how to attack Rodgers is extremely difficult. He has proved all season that even without a running game, he can lead his team to victory and put up a lot of points. Still, the first thing to do is make the Packers' offense one-dimensional. Chicago shouldn't have a lot of difficultly getting this accomplished. But then the Bears will have to deal with Rodgers in the shotgun, surveying the entire field and throwing to a great stable of wide receivers with as many as five wideouts on the field. The only thing I can dwell on is that Rodgers doesn't have the "been there, done that" factor going for him yet. This will be the biggest game so far of his career. The Packers have lost an awful lot of close games with Rodgers behind center. But I can't say I'm expecting him to be overwhelmed on such a stage. From a pure X's and O's standpoint, I don't see a great way to attack him. He kills the blitz, but Chicago also can't get predictable with its pressures. Also, Green Bay has converted a lot of big plays through the air. But the Bears are great at eliminating the long ball. At a minimum, Chicago should at least make Rodgers work for everything he gets.

Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears

Strengths: Everyone sees Cutler's immense physical ability. He has a well-built body, vastly underrated movement skills and a rocket launcher for a right arm. Along with Roethlisberger, Rodgers and Michael Vick, Cutler is in the elite class of quarterbacks who can make the "wow throw" from a compromising position or on the move. And Cutler has taken his game up a notch or two under offensive coordinator Mike Martz from a preparation and mental perspective. A gunslinger at heart, Cutler now is playing within himself and doing a much better job of taking what a defense gives him than he did earlier in this career. His command of the Bears' complex offense is impressive.

Plan of attack: Cutler still is an inherent risk-taker. He has thrown a lot of interceptions in his career, and many of those have occurred in the red zone. The Packers must force his hand in the red zone, where the field is compressed and everything happens much faster, which is why Cutler sometimes resorts back to his gunslinger ways. Although Cutler is great at making big plays from compromising positions, he isn't very sound mechanically. He too often throws off his back foot, and his accuracy suffers. When things go bad for Cutler, they can go very bad. He will press and try to do way too much when the offense isn't working or the Bears get down on the scoreboard. The coaching staff has done a superb job of using a balanced offense with a sustaining running game and more short drops to get the ball out of Cutler's hands without taxing a suspect offensive line. But staying balanced against Green Bay's exceptional defense will be very challenging, and the temptation to try to keep up with Rodgers will be hard for Cutler to ignore. Playing from behind could be a problem for Cutler. Interceptions could ensue.

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
13 years ago

"Dulak" wrote:

hmmm ya; only been to MN once and wasnt much into football at that time ...

for me I have a list of bears stuff that I have experienced ...
- even bears fans that I have occasional have met in london (asses)
- most of my cousins (bears fans)
- working in illinois mostly as an adult (bears fans)
- spending time in illinois or chicago
- even traitors in WI that choose to support the bears (psychosis)
- my mom bought a house (in WI) that was just over the border and much of their house was decked out in bears crap; they had a big ass bar in the living room with bears crap all over it; and it was said they had all their bears crap flying around on game day etc ...
- heck wore my new packers sweatshirt coming from ohare to london on gameday 2 weeks ago ~and got joshed by the security guys at the airport (in chicago ...was all in good fun)

and meanwhile I cant think of one vikings encounter I have experienced.

like you said maybe if I grew up in MN or closer to it I would of experienced something different. Not so sure thou ...

"Greg C." wrote:

Of course it has everything to do with where you are. You being south of the border you experience life around a bunch of bears fan, and you being the packers fan its a great, fun rivalry for you. Me living in MN being a packers fan I live around a ton of vikings fans which makes that rivarly the greater, more fun rivalry. It's not much of a rivalry unless you are right in the middle of it, can experience the shit talk, the intensity of having the will opposite of your neighbor, etc. I know all about the Packers - Bears rivalry, but I very rarely get to experience it in person.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
The good thing about living in MN is when vikings fans get unruly you can always wack them on the nose with a rolled up Lombardi Trophy. that usually shuts them up for a day or two.
UserPostedImage