Yerko
14 years ago

I have a few gripes.

1. The intentional grounding call on Rodgers. I honestly just never see this called in that particular situation. There was little pressure, and his throw was about 20 yards downfield. They ignored the same call on Cutler in the 2nd quarter. So then we have 2nd and 20, and Jones fumbles trying to make something happen.

2. Chillar's phantom PI call. Olsen still made the catch, so it didn't matter, but I'm really curious what TWO refs saw to eagerly throw their flags on the field.

3. Morgan Burnett's PI call:
[youtube]G84Fb7wzz8Y[/youtube]

Tell me where in that clip a) Burnett initiates contact, and b) Bennett even remotely tries to go for the ball. If I were GB's coaches I would tell Burnett to keep playing it the same way. Again, the refs were EAGER to throw the flag. Three flags came in immediately, on a very questionable call. Three.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Burnett was the player that was mugged, not Bennett. Thanks for that video Mass, unreal.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
14 years ago
It was close, but I thought Burnett turned his head too late, initiated the contact with his left arm, and wrapped his right arm around Bennett.

Let's face it, guys: Our team played like a bunch of clowns and gave the game away.
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

It was close, but I thought Burnett turned his head too late, initiated the contact with his left arm, and wrapped his right arm around Bennett.

Let's face it, guys: Our team played like a bunch of clowns and gave the game away.

"Greg C." wrote:

No one, no one, no one and no one and btw no one has said we deserved the win, at least that I've read.

I think it was close, but from the two angles I seen, Morgan played it fine and if you go by the definition of the rule, shouldn't have been flagged. However, calls are that close ... you got it ... go to the offense as if the offenses don't have enough favors in the league.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

No one, no one, no one and no one and btw no one has said we deserved the win, at least that I've read.

"Greg C." wrote:

True enough. Maybe I should just avoid threads like this. I need to sort of grieve after a loss, and complaining about a borderline pass interference call is about the last thing I want to do.

I think the refs are pretty consistent in calling penalties like that against the defense, so the Packers need to make throws like that too. Unfortunately, they couldn't do it in this game because our tackles were getting their asses handed to them by Julius Peppers, so there was rarely time for such a play to develop.
blank
Yerko
14 years ago
Greg C.

In my view, this was more than just a PI call because it took away an interception. I am actually talking with my friend (a Bears fan) about this very play using this vid and we both have the same view on it.

Plain and simple, their should have either been a no call because the push/shove match was pretty even (I gave on that though I think Burnett gets more of the physical treatment) or two flags for o and d PI, cancelling each other out.

Cutler underthrew it, Burnett in my opinion is in better position for the pass (making him the receiver). Bennett has to come back for the ball a bit pushing Burnett out of the way while he is looking up at the ball.

Costly penalty that could have gone either way, but a penalty that ALWAYS favors the WR.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

True enough. Maybe I should just avoid threads like this. I need to sort of grieve after a loss, and complaining about a borderline pass interference call is about the last thing I want to do.

I think the refs are pretty consistent in calling penalties like that against the defense, so the Packers need to make throws like that too. Unfortunately, they couldn't do it in this game because our tackles were getting their asses handed to them by Julius Peppers, so there was rarely time for such a play to develop.

"Greg C." wrote:

I hear ya there. I by no means think the call killed the Packers chances. The Packers did that fully and well enough on their own. This thread was just a 'if i had one gripe, this would be it' and mine would be that call.

That was it, nothing more, nothing less. I even said the moment Jones fumbled the ball and it "magically" stayed in bounds "We are destined to lose, its over". That's how I felt. The ball wasn't going to bounce our way and we sure as hell weren't interested in helping ourselves.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
14 years ago

I even said the moment Jones fumbled the ball and it "magically" stayed in bounds "We are destined to lose, its over". That's how I felt. The ball wasn't going to bounce our way and we sure as hell weren't interested in helping ourselves.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

That's what I was thinking too. I was also thinking about the fumble that Woodson forced earlier in the game that immediately went out of bounds. Not to mention the other fumble he forced that was discounted because the ref quick-whistled it.
blank
Johnson
14 years ago
If you're looking for fair treatment in Chicago, you're in the wrong city. I'm not the type to believe in conspiracy theories, but for whatever reason the Bears always seem to get the calls at home. Just ask the Lions.

On the other hand, corruption has always been the Chicago way. Always will be and the folks down there are comfortable with that.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (16h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (16h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (16h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.