15 years ago

I for one hope the people that Boo home at the game don't cheer for him when he goes into Canton. I mean if you want to boo and be part of the new obnoxious Packer fan so be it, just a sad day when people forget what drives the fame of the Packers and that is the history. Makes me wonder how many of you people booed Edgar Bennett when he played for the Bears. Like i said its actions and comments like some on here that makes me embarrassed to call myself a Packer fan.

If he gets booed bigtime i sure hope he turns his nose up and says he will never retire his jersey in Green Bay because those fans don't deserve to see it.

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

Classless is wishing injury and harm on people, or throwing stuff at players, or assaulting opposing fans verbally or physically. The vast majority of us on this board have gone no further than voicing displeasure with Favre's revenge trip and general pissing and moaning. There's nothing classless about disliking what Favre has done and what he's set out to do. That's great that you disagree with a lot of us about this. It's your prerogative to take a pro-Favre stance, but don't spout this bollocks about being embarrassed with us.

"mi_keys" wrote:

Again if you cant say anything good about someone, then dont say anything at all. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Favre has his right to change his mind on retiring if he wants to 100 times. Who are we to think that is wrong? Its his life he can do whatever he wants. And when exactly did Favre piss and moan? The only thing that he was guilty of was retiring, many people do this. Some people retire and then decide its not for them and want to work again, whats wrong with that? What is Favre set out to do? Yes he is a viking now so be it, and yes he wants to win against the Packers, I would to I no longer am playing for the Packers of course I want the team I am playing on to win. The only thing that I question about what Favre has said was it isnt for revenge against the Packers, I think a very small part is he wants to win against the Packers to prove his point. But again if I got fired from a job and worked my butt off for them, I would seek alittle revenge as well, Favre is only human, he hasnt done somethings right but none of have lead the perfect life, we have all made mistakes along the way.

"dhazer" wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa. You're right, Favre has the right to do what he wants. We shouldn't prevent him from doing so. That does NOT mean we can't show displeasure or disagreement with it. That's OUR right.
And for the record, if I retired twice in two years from my company, and then called off coming back when my boss was flying to my home to welcome me back, I would not expect them to still be cool with giving me my old office. What you're asking is that we all treat Favre like a diva.
UserPostedImage
Scottish_Packer
15 years ago
I understand the reasoning behind not booing him, he may have given us many years but he is free to play where he wants now. However most people agree the situation is far from that black and white. Favre's been less than consistent about why he's come back. He always threatened to join the Vikings (a threat he stated was originally used to force the Packers hand). Now we're supposed to believe he's coming back for less spiteful reasons.

Sorry, but like the kid that needs a spanking, Favre needs a good Booing!
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago
Like i said i guess i just don't see the purpose of Booing a player (someone else hit it on the head) I have never booed a player or a team because i would feel embarrassed. But then again i am older and was raised where you respect people. I have been to many games in my time and never booed anytime at all. But then again this just goes to show how the world has come to being stuck up brats and the young people have no respect for anyone. I noticed noone would answer if they booed Bennett when he went to the Bears or if they booed Lofton.

You people say it's different but i can bet my life that those players wanted to beat the Packers more than anything.

The reason we don't have that great home field advantage is because we lost the concept of the whole tradition thing. So you guys go be your new style Packer fans and i will stay with the old school Packer fan that cheered former players (that went to other teams) during introductions and once the game starts he is an opposing player.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I'm glad it's over, he's playing again. I'm happy for him. I'll pull for him to do well, but the Vikings not to do well. Make sense?

I dislike the Vikings.
I love Brett Favre.

Clear? Care? lol

When he goes against the Packers, I hope they treat him like any other QB and knock him around and rough him up. Favre's a tough guy, he'll be able to handle it.
UserPostedImage
Trippster
15 years ago
Here's to Favre going 14-2, setting records and going to the pro bowl.

Here's to Green Bay going 16-0, winning the superbowl and Aaron going to the pro bowl (and starting, ahead of Favre).

There will be no introduction of Favre at Green Bay. they don't introduce the visiting team.

Cheer for the Packers. Cheer against the Vikings including whomever their QB is.

I'm going for a Brat. Anyone want one?
"Let Your Light Shine!"
15 years ago

But then again i am older and was raised where you respect people.

"dhazer" wrote:

:sign5: C'mon dhaze. Like you always show people respect. We've all seen enough insults here.

Booing is not disrespectful. It's part of being a fan. Granted, I have RARELY booed at games, and I've been to a lot. Most athletes deal with far worse from rival fans. Red Sox fans out here study up on the personal life history of the right fielders just so that they can sit in the bleachers and heckle them about their ex-wife and house that she now lives in.

"Trippster" wrote:

YES
UserPostedImage
walleye
15 years ago

Here's to Green Bay going 16-0, winning the superbowl and Aaron going to the pro bowl (and starting, ahead of Favre).

There will be no introduction of Favre at Green Bay. they don't introduce the visiting team.

Cheer for the Packers. Cheer against the Vikings including whomever their QB is.

"Trippster" wrote:

yes and bring some beers back PLEASE
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
dfosterf
15 years ago

"walleye" wrote:

"Trippster" wrote:

Yes, we can go out and celebrate (Seinfeld reference) Festivus, along with (Movie reference) Groundhog day.

Every time a new episode with Brett emerges, we get to celebrate. EVERYONE is entitled to their own "airing of the grievances" within the limits of basic civility towards their fellow members. If LTF wants to scream his lungs out until bloody, if Dfosterf wants to quietly enjoy his little piece of schadenfruede, if Heather wants to remain in disappointed awe at others lack of sentimentality, etc. ALL are legitimate, none more so than anyone else's.

Get me a brat. I'm buyin' the beer. :thumbleft:

+1 to both for a nice injection of reasonableness.

Is that a word? If not, it should be, especially during Festivus.
walleye
15 years ago

"dfosterf" wrote:

"walleye" wrote:

Yes, we can go out and celebrate (Seinfeld reference) Festivus, along with (Movie reference) Groundhog day.

Every time a new episode with Brett emerges, we get to celebrate. EVERYONE is entitled to their own "airing of the grievances" within the limits of basic civility towards their fellow members. If LTF wants to scream his lungs out until bloody, if Dfosterf wants to quietly enjoy his little piece of schadenfruede, if Heather wants to remain in disappointed awe at others lack of sentimentality, etc. ALL are legitimate, none more so than anyone else's.

Get me a brat. I'm buyin' the beer. :thumbleft:

+1 to both for a nice injection of reasonableness.

Is that a word? If not, it should be, especially during Festivus.

"Trippster" wrote:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
bozz_2006
15 years ago
SHADENFREUDE FOR EVERYONE!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (21h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (21h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (21h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
29m / Around The NFL / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.