Rockmolder
15 years ago
Problem is though, Dhazer loves playing devil's advocate. I have no problem with that. It's just that the stats don't back up his story in this case. I mean, 1300 yards is not average. 1000 is, arguably, but there are teams that would trade half their draft for a 1000 yard receiver. He did have a drop-off in TDs, but again, 9 TDs is above average. Receptions where ok, but not great.

Secondly, Jennings might still be progressing. He's very clear about that himself. He's not a Micheal Crabtree who's expected to come in and fire up the passing game. He was a late 2nd rounder. A developmental player. Just look at his year by year. He has improved every year. If Ted Thompson gives him a contract like this one, I think that he's seeing more improvement coming up. Or at least, his advisors do.
Stevetarded
15 years ago
The guys who have the largest contracts are usually just the guys that signed them more recently. Didn't lee Evans get like a 4 year 37 mil contract or something?
blank
digsthepack
15 years ago
Green Bay has the LUXURY of being stocked top-to-bottom with very talented WRs...possibly the best group in the league...all of whom get the ball in the system we run.

Brandon Marshall and others like him are their team's primary WR threat, lacking the depth to demand the ball be spread around more. Granted, Eddie Royal came on last year, but Marshall was STILL the guy.

Apples, oranges....one is sweet, one is sour.

Let me guess...the same people bitching about Jennings much deserved contract are the same people who eviscerated Ted Thompson for dumping a malcontent Javon Walker, and a broken down Ahman Green?

Tell you what....if your Tiger Beat-esque* adoration of Favre is so strong, buy a purple jersey in a couple months and root for the dark side.

* For those too young for the reference, "Tiger Beat" was a teen fan magazine from the 1970s who put the likes of David Cassidy and Bobby Sherman on the cover for their adoring fans to worship.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
musccy
  • musccy
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
Digs, you're spot on about the ball being spread around, minimizing his #s. Steve is right about how Jennings contract will seem less impressive in 2 years when "XYZ" sign big deals. For these reasons and many others I agree 110% that GJ got every penny he deserved.

With that said, I don't think hazer or anyone has said that they aren't glad that GJ got the $, so I think some are being a little hard on him or reading too much into it by affiliating a Ted Thompson vendetta with what they've said. Again, if you went by raw stats alone, I could see why there's an argument for why GJ got more than he should have even if I disagree with it.
DakotaT
15 years ago

Digs, you're spot on about the ball being spread around, minimizing his #s. Steve is right about how Jennings contract will seem less impressive in 2 years when "XYZ" sign big deals. For these reasons and many others I agree 110% that GJ got every penny he deserved.

With that said, I don't think hazer or anyone has said that they aren't glad that GJ got the $, so I think some are being a little hard on him or reading too much into it by affiliating a Ted Thompson vendetta with what they've said. Again, if you went by raw stats alone, I could see why there's an argument for why GJ got more than he should have even if I disagree with it.

"musccy" wrote:

Believe me, I hold back many, many comments when it comes Dhazer and DD80 and all of their ilk. Mostly because of 93 and a thought of prostetic foot my ass. I picture Red Forman when I think of 93Z
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago
Musccy i am used to it i can say the same exact things that others like PackZ say and i'm making it out as bad but they get positive feedback on it. But like i said i'm used to it, just like people call me a Favre lover and i really never thought of him as a god.

With all that said i will probably get a purple #4 jersey and i will wear it just like i wear my driver jerseys and even my damn Rodgers jersey. Btw Mass i don't have no blocks but i have a Wii i'm hooking up today and will be playing before i head down to Thunder in the Valley to drink some beer and check out all the women.

Also yes i do play devils advocate because it keeps the boards going, i just don't get into the Jennings is god and Rodgers does no wrong stuff after all they are human and we all make mistakes.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I think Jennings is not a God. I think Jennings is between 5 - 10 top WR in the league. He makes things happen after the catch and he gets open. He's somewhat like Marvin Harrison back in his day. People fail to give proper credit because he doesn't make a big scene.
UserPostedImage
15 years ago
I don't think anybody here truly believes that Jennings is a god or Rodgers does no wrong. What it boils down to is, do you support them or do you criticize them? That's all it is. Some people here support them. Some people here criticize them. Most people tend to ONLY do one or the other because they either like the player or they don't.

Based on the market, this is what Jennings was going to get. There was absolutely no shocker about it being too little or too much.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago

"DakotaT" wrote:

Believe me, I hold back many, many comments when it comes Dhazer and DD80 and all of their ilk. Mostly because of 93 and a thought of prostetic foot my ass. I picture Red Forman when I think of 93Z

"musccy" wrote:

LOL... I have more hair than Red though..

As far as DHazer.. he speaks his beliefs to the most part, and albeit he is a little "dark side" jaded when it comes to Thompson for the most part.. he speaks his thoughts. I happen to think differently in a ton of aspects.. but he has his opinions.

On Jennings himself, from what we see and his up bringing, I think he is a grade A person. And while I think you can make a case for him between the 4 and 15 for his placement in the receiver discussion right now in the NFL.. I really don't have a problem with paying "him" that type of cash. I think as of today.. it is a little generous.. however if he continues to grow.. then it falls in line with the rest of the wacky receiver market.

More so I have an issue with paying receivers in general the type of coin they are getting.. In the hierarchy of the money spent on players.. I think only QB's are further out of whack.. I have always been a firm believer in building from the lines out.. the only exception there would be corners in today's game because of the BSing rule changes to glorify the passing game to educe more scoring.

That being said.. I would rather spend that type of coin on a lineman.. than an over glorified position like receiver.. they have it easy compared to days past..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dd80forever
15 years ago
I also believe it is a little high but if that is what it took to keep him in GB so be it.

I will gladly give Ted Thompson credit for getting this done.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (6h) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (6h) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (9h) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (9h) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : No surprise, Love inactive
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Inactives: 10 QB Jordan Love 27 S Kitan Oladapo 57 DL Brenton Cox Jr. 73 T Andre Dillard 79 T Travis Glover 96 DL Colby Wooden
Martha Careful (14-Sep) : Wisconsin football stinks. OL good, Pauling good. all else MEH
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Jordan Love downgraded to doubtful for tomorrow's game
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Sean Clifford just got called up. No Love tomorrow. No shock either.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
59m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

16-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.