Zero2Cool
2 years ago

I generally have a pessimitic outlook on things, but for some strange reason, but like last week, I really like our chances this week.

I think Love would have to be jacked be in a contest against a very highly rated quarterback. I just hope he does not have red zone brain farts.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Packers are in a win-win situation. Chiefs are at home. Chiefs have been struggling. If Chiefs don't beat the Packers convincingly, they will be subjected to even more pressure. In my mind, Packers are rolling with first time starter and have nothing to lose, everything to gain.
UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago
The main thing I don't like about this, is that Love is getting his first chance in one of the loudest stadiums. I'm more concerned with the noise than the other issues. Lol
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago
How's the Chiefs' run defense?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
all_about_da_packers
2 years ago

How's the Chiefs' run defense?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Piss-poor. And even that may be too generous. Their run-D has been abysmal by most metrics (either ranked last, or almost last, depending on what stat you focus on).
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2 years ago
Just to add some value, especially for you youngsters, on the expression 'piss poor" which all_about_da_packers used perfectly in the last post:

There are two theories on its derivation

1. In reference to Poverty
History claims, “They used to use urine to tan animal skins, so families used to all pee in a pot and then once a day it was sold to the tannery. If you had to do this to survive you were ‘piss poor’.”

2. Lacking in Quality
Perhaps invented around the Second World War, because the first examples in print date from 1946.

Piss began to be attached to other words during the twentieth century to intensify their meaning. Ezra Pound invented piss-rotten in 1940 (distasteful or unpleasant, the first example on record) and we’ve since had piss-easy (very easy), piss-weak (cowardly or pathetic), piss-elegant (affectedly refined, pretentious), piss-awful (very unpleasant) and other forms.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2 years ago
ESPN wrote:

After two of the Green Bay Packers' three quarterbacks tested positive for COVID-19 this week, Jordan Love feared he would be next. But Love has tested negative each of the past three days and on Friday said, "I'm confident that I'm good right now."

Love is scheduled to make his first NFL start Sunday at the Kansas City Chiefs, while starter Aaron Rodgers and third-stringer Kurt Benkert remain on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Love spoke Friday for the first time since Rodgers' diagnosis, wearing a mask at the Lambeau Field podium as part of what he said were extra precautions this week. Love told reporters that he is fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

"I was a little shocked but not crazy shocked," Love said about Rodgers' diagnosis. "Just because with Kurt testing positive earlier in the week, I kind of figured something might happen in the quarterback room. I didn't know what would happen, but just hearing that, my initial thought was ... wondering what would shake out with all of the close contacts and how things would break down and just affect all of us in the room. That was my first thought, and just obviously trying to get my mind right for starting this week. But I prepared for this, and I'm confident in myself."

Love has been at the center of an organizational firestorm from the moment the Packers drafted him as Rodgers' heir apparent in 2020. Rodgers was surprised by the decision and spent much of the past offseason thinking through possible exit strategies. He ultimately reported to training camp, postponing Love's ascension, but Sunday could be a preview of the Packers' 2022 starting quarterback.

Packers coach Matt LaFleur said Love has been "locked in" during practice and meetings this week.

"I think he's come a long way, but by no means is he a finished product," LaFleur said. "It's going to be a great opportunity for him to get his feet wet for the first time in a meaningful game, being that it's the regular season. So it'll be a great learning experience for him, and I'm just excited for his opportunity."

Love took 15 snaps at the end of the Packers' blowout loss to the New Orleans Saints in Week 1, completing 5 of 7 passes for 68 yards in the fourth quarter. But Sunday will be his first regular-season appearance with an outcome on the line.

He will have an important weapon on the field with him. The Packers activated All-Pro wide receiver Davante Adams from the reserve/COVID-19 list Friday.

"We haven't played together yet, so there's not really a way to describe [the connection]," Adams said. "It's going to be new, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the game goes."

Go get em kid
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
I agree.

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2 years ago
PFF said:

Packers quarterback Jordan Love gets to make his first start against the Chiefs, who have perhaps the worst defense in the NFL.

The Chiefs are allowing an NFL-worst 6.4 yards per play. The Chiefs’ defense has committed an NFL-high 62 penalties. They’ve recorded just 11 sacks in eight games, the worst mark in the NFL. They’re in the Bottom 10 of the league in everything from yards allowed to points allowed to first downs allowed to completion percentage allowed to yards per pass allowed to passer rating allowed to touchdown passes allowed.

That doesn’t mean Love, the 2020 first-round pick who has thrown just seven passes in his NFL career, is going to have a big game on Sunday. But it does mean that he’s getting about the easiest opposing defense he could face in his first NFL start.

Go get 'em kid.
nerdmann
2 years ago
Figured Aaron would miss time at some point. I was hoping it would be at least after week 10. Week 9, not too bad, especially since Aaron isn't actually hurt. AFC team too, not to jinx us but good time to do it if we have too.

Went back and watched the preseason, feel more confident, again, not to jinx.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
I was ass wrong.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (20h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (20h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (20h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
34m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1h / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.