KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
I hope we being to draft more guys:
- who have performed at a high level
- who have delivered at key times
- against quality competition

We don't need guys who magically perform well in underwear drills at the combine (when it does matter). Track history of successful game performance should be paramount in player selection.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Yerko
6 years ago
Early reports on Davenport aren't very good from the Senior Bowl. Very raw and unable to do anything in the 1-on-1s.

I wouldn't mind taking him, but I expect his Senior Bowl appearance to drop him out of 1st round talks. Maybe a 2nd round option?
UserPostedImage
isocleas2
6 years ago

Early reports on Davenport aren't very good from the Senior Bowl. Very raw and unable to do anything in the 1-on-1s.

I wouldn't mind taking him, but I expect his Senior Bowl appearance to drop him out of 1st round talks. Maybe a 2nd round option?

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000910983/article/bucky-brooks-mock-draft-10-broncos-jags-among-6-to-pick-qb?campaign=tw-nf-sf180344688-sf180344688&sf180344688=1 

Davenport + Key are the two players I'm most excited about drafting. Their potential is off the charts usually the Packers don't have a chance to draft anyone like this unless they had some serious character flaws. If neither of them is there at #14 i'd pick another position or trade down and select Landry in the 20's.

Edit: With 5 to 6 QBs likely to be drafted in the 1st round there should be atleast one player with a top 10 grade who slides to #14, or there will be some QB hungry team that makes an offer for the pick to get their guy.
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
If we get an edge rusher, I feel like he needs to be able to play with his hand in the dirt and standing up. We need to be interchangable when it comes to that position. He's not as big as Perry but he's faster. He's 21, so he can put on weight. His potential is very high. For that reason, I don't think he lasts to our pick.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Smokey
6 years ago
1) TT's new role is to scout and recommend players. He does not make the picks or the deals moving forward.

2) GB's new GM should already have a very good idea of who he would like to Draft, acquire in Free Agency, or retain from the 2017 Roster. The difference for 2018 is what will GB's new GM see as direction he will lead the team.

3) Opinions are like noses, we all have one. As for me, I think GB needs pass rusher(s) that terrorize opposing teams/QBs. Draft'em, get Free Agents, or discover one in Russia, but get'em.

4) Injuries will/should heal with the off season. Players like Rodgers, Montgomery, and others will return. In addition, some will begin their 2nd year in the league with valuable experience gained.

5) With a new GM and Coaches, players will need to fit into a changing environment. Let us try to be optimistic as to the direction that the Packers will take shall be a winning one.

😁

UserPostedImage
isocleas2
6 years ago

If we get an edge rusher, I feel like he needs to be able to play with his hand in the dirt and standing up. We need to be interchangable when it comes to that position. He's not as big as Perry but he's faster. He's 21, so he can put on weight. His potential is very high. For that reason, I don't think he lasts to our pick.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

Both Key and Davenport have that long lanky frame (6"6ish) that should be able to support 15-30 more pounds from offseason weight room sessions. I think they're more along the line of Julius Peppers than say a Clay Mathews, either can play from OLB or DE in a traditional 4-3 when they're a little bigger. With Clark + Daniels pushing the middle, and Mathews/Perry (whoever is healthy) rushing one side, the Packers just need one more good edge rusher to have a dominate pass rush.

I'm a believer in the dominate pass rush being able to make up for a questionable secondary. If the Packers draft a CB I'll understand it but i'm really pulling for someone who can get after the quarterback.
Cheesey
6 years ago
I can't help but wonder if they kept Ted to just be nice to him. Not just axe him.

And no "prospect" is more then that, a prospect. As we have seen before, success at the college level doesn't always mean success at the pro level. It's all a crap shoot.
If you get lucky, you get someone actually good.
And with Ted not controlling the draft picks, maybe we won't pick a guy in the first round with great potential, who has a bad knee, bad ankle, bad hamstring and concussion issues.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.