texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

Chiefs pass rush is going to overwhelm Don Barclay and force Aaron Rodgers out of his game. Look for Justin Houston to have a big day.

Packers 10
Chiefs 35

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Seriously?

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
beast
9 years ago

Green Bay Packers ( 2 - 0 )
[list]Total Offense = 16th
Passing Offense = 21st
Rushing Offense = 9th

Originally Posted by: MintBaconDrivel 

And 59 rushing plays to just 56 passing plays.... mmmm are the Packers becoming a run first team?!?

That would be kind of interesting, forcing teams to stop the run and having Rodgers be the second thing, he'd tear it up even more.

But okay clearly that's not really the case as Rodgers is getting the ball to pass it about 60% of the time. But he's running it about 20% of the number of times he gets it... which means the Packers are running the ball slightly more than they're passing it. But still interesting that the Packers have more running plays than passing plays, I guess that's what you call a mobile QB... Rodgers making up for his lack of being able to run last year.
UserPostedImage
beast
9 years ago

Chiefs pass rush is going to overwhelm Don Barclay and force Aaron Rodgers out of his game. Look for Justin Houston to have a big day.

Packers 10
Chiefs 35

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'm not saying your wrong... but there numbers sure don't look like a normal Chiefs good defense numbers...

Kansas City Chiefs ( 1 - 1 )
Total Defense = 15th
Passing Defense = 23rd
Rushing Defense = 8th

Points Against = 25.5 (21st)[/list]

Originally Posted by: MintBaconDrivel 

And they played the Texans and a banged up Peyton Manning.

Looking at their DBs... their CBs seem very talented but very young and a lot to learn. While their Safety have a lot of experience but didn't have a lot of talent to start with (unless Eric Berry is back to normal, but he's listed as a back-up at the moment coming back from his health problems.)

On Packers O vs their D... it might be a simple battle of who gets beat first.... the Packers OL or the Chiefs DBs.
UserPostedImage
Tezzy
9 years ago
Packers 34
Chiefs 20
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
shield4life
9 years ago
Packers 31 - 10

Rodgers with 3 TD's
1 INT TD Return by Shields
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
civic
9 years ago
The Chiefs receivers don't catch touchdown passes. It is going to be a long day for the Packer linebackers and safeties. Here's hoping we see continued improvement.

If Rodgers and crew get ahead early we could see a game where the final score looks closer than the game really is.

If the pack falls behind early Rodgers safety could be at risk.

Packers 24

Chiefs 17
blank
sschind
9 years ago

Seriously?

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

shhhhhh!!!!! don't mess with the zerohan.

hardrocker950
9 years ago
Cheifs have a good group on D - they could keep this game close. If I was putting a game plan together against KC - I would be looking to score early and get the lead. That sounds like something you want to do every week, but they typically grind out drives that consume a lot of clock - you really want to avoid a slow start in a game like that. If they dictate the pace of the game, it could get rough.

On D - I would be looking to play against the run and short throws. Charles is probably the most dangerous player on offense for them. If he can be slowed like Marshawn was last week - we will be in a good situation. Smith has never looked comfortable throwing long passes, which is something I would take advantage of. Play their receivers close to the LOS so they don't turn short passes into long gains. If you are forcing a QB to go out of his comfort zone, he is likely to make costly mistakes - force him to throw down the field.

I think Mike and company will do something similar, and we see 3-0 going into week 4.

Packers 24
Chiefs 17
dhazer
9 years ago
The thing I am most worried about is Charles, and that's for a few reasons. Ifyou watched last week we were able to stop Lynch which is a power back. But we weren't able to stop Wilson, which was running at will against us and if they would have stuck with that game plan probably beat us. The week before we stacked the box to stop Forte which is a Charles type back and we got burnt bad. The other part i am not liking is Charles is going to be running with a chip on his shoulder. He cost the Chiefs the game last week with his fumble at the Broncos 5 yard line and then again at the end of the game. We all know how players play with chips on their shoulders alas Rodgers. I think our offense will struggle in the usual spot (the redzone) but will score just enough points to win 24-22
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
9 years ago
In the base our DL will dominate the LOS and Charles will get squat. The problem w/ Lynch is it’s harder to maintain assignment discipline because you know ya need 34 guys to get him down, so guys are chomping at the bit to abandon their assignment. Charles is a really good back; but if everyone plays w/ discipline they’ll be no holes. He might pop a couple of long runs 20-30 yards maybe even a TD, but he’ll be averaging under 3 for the rest of his carries. Hayward and Shields can man the KC WRs and I expect only 1 safety deep most of game, w/ the other up on LOS. Hyde/Burnett/Dix/Richardson/Palmer/CM3 will take care of Kelce [Their #2 threat].

The only way to run on Pack is to play 3WR and KC dont do this much [about 20x per game]. They play a lot of 12, 21 and some 22 personnel. They play a FB about 15 snaps per game; and a second TE about 30 snaps per game. Their refusal to spread the field will destroy their run game. If Reid recognizes this, he'll play alot more than 20 snaps w/ 3 WRs.

I have 1 and only 1 fear-Charles catching balls out of backfield, somebody fast enough better be on this guys a$$, no matter what is happening. This guy will kill ya if you try to play zone and they do little swing passes and he’s allowed to work in space.

On O: we will not be able to run on their base D. So dammit let’s not even try; and I don’t care what the eff Lombardi did or how important balance is, designing yourself to be 2nd and 12 is just stupid. KC has the best 1-2 NT group in the NFL [Howard-Poe] and Bailey and Devito are really good 3-4DEs. And a real good thumper [Johnson] behind them.

They got 1 good CB [Gaines] and another that’s been playing Damarious-Randell-well [rookie Peters]. Capers and Whitt have had 2 weeks of tape on Peters and if there is a chink, they’ll find and exploit it. When teams go 3 wide, Gaines moves inside and the mediocre Fleming mans the right and Peters the left [KC don’t move their CBs]. In the dime they bring in a safety Abdullah. Mismatch = Cobb outside on Fleming. Mismatch = Rodgers on Gains or any safety. Mismatch= [Rodgers lining up outside occupying CB-Peters] a relatively healthy Adams on the dime cover safety. And if they get Monty up to speed in 2nd slot on 4 wide look, him on the dime cover safety is a scary [for KC] mismatch.

With Adams probably missing practice reps: the extra reps w/ the 1s will help Monty immensely. I’m hopin’ GB should be able to design some plays for Janis against Fleming or Peters. A successful play or 2 to Janis on film will also occupy some precious practice time of our upcoming opponents. Even a long incompletion w/ Janis open will do this.

The 3rd read in a pattern must delay their move to get open anyways. If we put Q or Rodgers to not just chip Houston, but to really get in and block. Then once Houston’s momentum is stopped, then the TE who will probably be uncovered by this time can slip off into his route. If GB does not do this, then it will be by design!!!! Aaron Rodgers sits in pocket drawing Houston into it like drawing a bug to a bug zapper...LOL..Then Zap, Wapp, Barclay smacks him further inside and Aaron Rodgers strolls right with hours to throw or run. A few screens; 745 hard counts; and improvement by Barclay and Bak will keep the rush and the victory well controlled.