steveishere
10 years ago
Now that I look at it Utah State had 2 DBs get drafted in the 4th round and Davante put up 168 and a TD against them.
steveishere
10 years ago

I want to make sure I understood correctly... Are you saying Davante will be a much better player than Sterling, or better than what I have him pegged for? Sterling played in the SEC against real competition. Those Fresno guys are scary prospects due to their competition. I'm sure he'll be better than our last Fresno guy...Chastin West.

It is interesting Jordy ran better than Davante. However, Jordy's vertical is 8.5 less than Adams. Jordy's vertical is nearly the same as Abbrederis. Jordy sure seems to know how to go up and get it but he is a couple of inches taller than Adams.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

High pointing the football over a defender is a skill (see Steve Smith and Tramon Williams) it's aided by height and vertical but it's first and foremost an actual skill and it's one that Davante possesses and is probably one of the best at it in the WR class.
play2win
10 years ago

I want to make sure I understood correctly... Are you saying Davante will be a much better player than Sterling, or better than what I have him pegged for? Sterling played in the SEC against real competition. Those Fresno guys are scary prospects due to their competition. I'm sure he'll be better than our last Fresno guy...Chastin West.

It is interesting Jordy ran better than Davante. However, Jordy's vertical is 8.5 less than Adams. Jordy's vertical is nearly the same as Abbrederis. Jordy sure seems to know how to go up and get it but he is a couple of inches taller than Adams.

Both. I believe he will be an epic talent in GB.
uffda udfa
10 years ago

Both. I believe he will be an epic talent in GB.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Wow! Better than Sterling Sharpe? Whew, you really don't mind throwing it out there do ya? 😆 That is crazy bold right there.

I think we'll be very fortunate if he rises to the level of what James Jones gave us. Ain't no way on earth this guy will be anywhere near Sterling Sharpe. I don't think any guy in this draft class will.

Should be fun watching him especially given how high you are on him.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

play2win
10 years ago

Wow! Better than Sterling Sharpe? Whew, you really don't mind throwing it out there do ya? 😆 That is crazy bold right there.

I think we'll be very fortunate if he rises to the level of what James Jones gave us. Ain't no way on earth this guy will be anywhere near Sterling Sharpe. I don't think any guy in this draft class will.

Should be fun watching him especially given how high you are on him.

Duuuuuuude! I'm totally serious. You've got your take and this is mine. I see him paired with Rodgers for a very long time, and with incredible results.

I know it is very early. A simple prediction. And a fun one! 😆 😆 😆

What the hell? His ability to catch the football (no one in college football caught more passes last year) coupled with Aaron's accuracy makes this pretty freaking easy!
uffda udfa
10 years ago

Duuuuuuude! I'm totally serious. You've got your take and this is mine. I see him paired with Rodgers for a very long time, and with incredible results.

I know it is very early. A simple prediction. And a fun one! 😆 😆 😆

What the hell? His ability to catch the football (no one in college football caught more passes last year) coupled with Aaron's accuracy makes this pretty freaking easy!

Originally Posted by: play2win 

If he was anywhere near Sterling Sharpe that guy ain't lasting until 21 in Round 2.

Their other guy, Burse, caught 99 passes and went undrafted. Davante caught 35 more balls. Quirky trick offense inflating numbers ridiculously high. A 99 catch guy went undrafted and he runs almost the same speed as Adams.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

play2win
10 years ago

If he was anywhere near Sterling Sharpe that guy ain't lasting until 21 in Round 2.

Their other guy, Burse, caught 99 passes and went undrafted. Davante caught 35 more balls. Quirky trick offense inflating numbers ridiculously high. A 99 catch guy went undrafted and he runs almost the same speed as Adams.

In 2 years at Fresno State Davante Adams caught 233 passes for 3030 yds a 13.0 avg and 38 TDs

In 4 years at South Carolina Sterling Sharpe caught 169 passes for 2497 yds a1 14.7 avg and 17 TDs.

Sharpe was All-Pro 5 times. I happen to think Adams has a shot at outdoing him.

My point originally was that he simply looked like Sharpe in stature, build, strength in catching and running. Put a strap on the back of his helmet and give him an 84 and we'll all be stepping back in time. That's all. But it is interesting looking at those numbers.

Figure, Sharpe did just over 8000 receiving yds in 7 seasons played. And, he was THE featured WR. Beyond question. Adams is stepping into a far deeper WR group, and I still think in time he will outdo Sharpe's numbers.
uffda udfa
10 years ago
Yes...and every NFL scout and GM in the league knew it... Philly has a crazy offense and took Jordan Matthews instead.

EIGHT WR's were taken before this guy...and all of them had nowhere near the production of Adams save for Cooks who runs 4.33.

I hope you aren't basing him being Sterling based on those numbers? Brandin Cooks outyarded Davante, and had 128 receptions, so do you see him having a better career than Sharpe considering he'll be in New Orleans with Brees at least for a couple of years.

The production was in a weird offense vs. brutal competition. When another guy in the same O catches 99 balls runs same speed as Adams and doesn't get drafted it makes you take another look at the numbers.

I'm just counterpunching you... all in good debate styled fun.
UserPostedImage

play2win
10 years ago

Yes...and every NFL scout and GM in the league knew it... Philly has a crazy offense and took Jordan Matthews instead.

EIGHT WR's were taken before this guy...and all of them had nowhere near the production of Adams save for Cooks who runs 4.33.

I hope you aren't basing him being Sterling based on those numbers? Brandin Cooks outyarded Davante, and had 128 receptions, so do you see him having a better career than Sharpe considering he'll be in New Orleans with Brees at least for a couple of years.

The production was in a weird offense vs. brutal competition. When another guy in the same O catches 99 balls runs same speed as Adams and doesn't get drafted it makes you take another look at the numbers.

I'm just counterpunching you... all in good debate styled fun.

Uncle.

Fine. Other WRs had better 40 times, in shorts. Other WRs were an inch or two taller. Ted Thompson chose this WR, and he has a fucking good record at picking WRs in rounds 2 and 3.

Would you rather have Adams' 24 TDs or Cook's 16. Funny, you're referencing a player who was taken before our 21 pick...

Oops! Wait for it...! Maybe you would rather have Matthews' 7 TDs. Or, no... Maybe you want Latimer's 9. And, his 60 fewer receptions, and his 700 fewer yds.

Both teams played Hawaii, San Diego State, Boise State and Colorado. Who cares? Like Rutgers was so much lesser an opponent than Cal?

You have my left hook, Sir. [boxing] 😝[neener] [roflmao]
uffda udfa
10 years ago
I would rather have had Matthews or Latimer even Moncrief, but not Cooks.

There is caution on TT's record of 2nd round WR's... a lot of the guys who were there when those guys were drafted are gone. Do we know Ted Thompson is the WR genius, or was it one of the many who departed...Schneider, Dorsey, McKenzie or one of the scouts? Ted Thompson gets the credit but who did the work? Yes, Ted Thompson has to sign off on any pick but I'd be curious to know who is the real brains behind all that credit given to Ted Thompson for his 2nd round success?

In 6 of his 14 games Davante didn't break 100 yards in that offense. He put up multi 200 yard games vs. substandard competition. A lot of his catches were screens, like Cooks.

I'll bet you right now, barring injury for either player, that Matthews puts up better numbers than Adams. Not only better numbers but significantly better numbers.

Man, I hope you're right... I just see a man who'll be lucky to give us James Jones production.

I'll go one step further...Abbrederis will have a better Packers career...not first season, but career in Green Bay.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (8m) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (24m) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (4h) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (5h) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (5h) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21h) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (23h) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
13m / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.