yooperfan
12 years ago
Four out of five OL starters are average to above. Left tackle is a huge concern if Newhouse goes down before week 6.
At that point, without a credible backup tackle on the roster the Packers will have to return to musical chairs mode.
If we get to that point the OL will suck IMHO.
I'm hoping Ted is combing the waiver wire for OL help.
steveishere
12 years ago
Our OL currently is one of the better units in the league. Don't know what you are basing it off of that they suck. If you want to see suck go back and watch the first half of 2009. That was an OL that sucked.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

Marshall Newhouse is terrible, but the rest of the o-line is strong. This is the strongest it's ever been under Ted Thompson. I'd argue Green Bay has the best right side in football with Josh Sitton and Bryan Bulaga. Saturday's a wild card because of his age and T.J. Lang's an above average guard, maybe even good.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

they have the potential to be an above average line. As Sitton showed last year. he did not play up to his potential. Same for Bulaga. There were times when he was abused by the defense. If the best two linemen have looked mediocre at key times during a game how much more the lesser linemen?
But as I said, unless they are "a Bear like sieve" it don't really matter. 2.5 seconds is all Aaron Rodgers needs.
My desire for the year is to never see Aaron run more than twice in a game and not for more than 10 yards. And only on planned a QB draw for a TD or fist down.
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
12 years ago
I think our OL is decent,but nothing special. We have good talent for our starters as a whole, but we lack depth.

Bulaga-we can win with him

Sitton-we can win with him

Saturday-we can win with him, but will need a replacement soon

Lang-we can win with him

Newhouse-seviceable, but hopefully we can improve with Sherrod healthy

The next draft will be important for the OL. I would really like to see us get Fredericks from UW or or an upgrade at LT. Most certainly we'll see some OL depth come out of that draft. Also, if we are able to get Datko on the practice squad, he should be able to help us with depth. I thought he played better as the preseason went on and he should continue to heal and build strength. Barclay made the team as a UFA, which could be because we found a "diamond in the rough" or an indication our depth is really bad. Ted Thompson has done a good job at drafting for the OL if you look where they were drafted. If you wanted him to draft better players then which current players would you give up-Raji, Matthews, Cobb, Jennings, Nelson, etc, or any of this years rookies?

Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
zombieslayer
12 years ago

Our OL currently is one of the better units in the league. Don't know what you are basing it off of that they suck. If you want to see suck go back and watch the first half of 2009. That was an OL that sucked.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I wouldn't go that far, but will say that our OL is above average as a unit. Too many people out there want the Patriots' OL. Not gonna happen, unless you sacrifice defense. You only got so much money to go around.

🇦🇷 will have time this year and we do things to give him more time, like roll to either side for instance.

I'm not panicking about the OL right now. I am however panicking about the D. [aiee]
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
LambeauEast
12 years ago
As long as no starter gets hurt, they will be good enough. But with 0.0 depth, a starter goes down, we're fucked!

And Newhouse is tired after the first snap of every drive in Madden. WTF! 😉
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
12 years ago

As long as no starter gets hurt, they will be good enough. But with 0.0 depth, a starter goes down, we're fucked!

And Newhouse is tired after the first snap of every drive in Madden. WTF! ;)

Originally Posted by: LambeauEast 

Be thankful they are playing REAL football!!!😂

I said it when ted let Wells go that it was the first move in a long time I could not agree with.

Saturday stays healthy and Packers will be allright.

You don't need the most talented guys at every position to have the best O-line.

You need 5 guys who play together as one unit.

I really don't think that there will be anyone come available that is better than what The Packers already have.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
doddpower
12 years ago

And Newhouse is tired after the first snap of every drive in Madden. WTF! ;)

Originally Posted by: LambeauEast 

Speaking of Madden, Nick Perry is a freakin' BEAST in that game! Especially in online connected careers where it's possible to progress him throughout the years. Clay and Perry are a great 1-2 punch. Perry is actually better than Mathews as far as raw physical ability (speed, strength). The pass rushing stats can be upgraded in time. Let's hope such a thing translates to real life, heh.

DakotaT
12 years ago
I would make an argument that EDS is very capable of backing up all three interior line positions, it's OT where we should really be concerned. Please get back soon Mr. Sherrod.
UserPostedImage
Rios39
12 years ago
Newhouse is the only one that's below average. He consistently allows rushers to beat him wide, even if it's their game he stands too far inside. He was very bad last year so lets hope that improves. He's got the skills.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (22h) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : No surprise, Love inactive
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Inactives: 10 QB Jordan Love 27 S Kitan Oladapo 57 DL Brenton Cox Jr. 73 T Andre Dillard 79 T Travis Glover 96 DL Colby Wooden
Martha Careful (14-Sep) : Wisconsin football stinks. OL good, Pauling good. all else MEH
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Jordan Love downgraded to doubtful for tomorrow's game
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Sean Clifford just got called up. No Love tomorrow. No shock either.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : I know it's probably to mess with the Colts but I'm just huffing copium honestly
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : So you're saying there's *a chance*?
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Packers officially listed QB Jordan Love (knee) as questionable for Sunday's game vs. the \Colts.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Confirmed concussion for Tua
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Yikes, possibly another concussion for Tua
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

16-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.