cheeseheads123
12 years ago

This may not be right place for this topic but i thought it was a must see. It definitely puts a different view on things. Well at least it did for me.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Perfect place for it seeing as he's not a Packer player but it is related to the NFL.

It is pretty sad what happened, but then again, we all make our choices in life and we all must deal with the consequences. He had an opportunity millions would have loved to have and he fucked it up.
UserPostedImage
dingus
12 years ago
Don't recall hearing that he's been cut from the team, don't think they can cut him until his indefinite suspension is lifted.

Drug addiction is something that goes beyond "making a choice" for lots of people in this world. When you're raised in a situation like his, with no support and only a couple of addicts as "role models" I'm somewhat surprised he made it as far as he did. I like how Aaron questioned the suspension being detrimental to Johnny's chances at recovery and agreed with him wholeheartedly back when he made the comments.
blank
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Don't recall hearing that he's been cut from the team, don't think they can cut him until his indefinite suspension is lifted.

Drug addiction is something that goes beyond "making a choice" for lots of people in this world. When you're raised in a situation like his, with no support and only a couple of addicts as "role models" I'm somewhat surprised he made it as far as he did. I like how Aaron questioned the suspension being detrimental to Johnny's chances at recovery and agreed with him wholeheartedly back when he made the comments.

Originally Posted by: dingus 

If Johnny Jolly were to be reinstated, then and only then do the Packers need to cut him. He's not in the NFL, therefore he's not really able to be cut, from my understanding.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
12 years ago
That video does hurt the soul.

He had a good time while doing his drugs.

Sometimes you pay for that shit. It was his time, he got caught. He pays more than most, relatively speaking, at least regarding where he could be, vs. where he is.

Seems fair. Possibly some piece of a cautionary tale for someone, but I kind of doubt that.

Still fair, imo

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, back-ground be damned. Right is right, wrong is wrong, and it really isn't all that hard for anyone to figure out.

Again, imo

dingus
12 years ago
Yet another victimless crime.

Did he run someone over while sippin his syrup?

Did he sell it to minors? I'm aware that he was charged with intent to distribute and had 600 grams on him. A big fella like that could easily use 22 oz. of syrup personally, that's just a couple of bottles of prescription cough syrup. I call bullshit on that charge.

Archaic drug laws that allow (and encourage) the out & out abuse of alcohol, a hugely dangerous DRUG that causes as much or more death and destruction then the illegal ones.

blank
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Yet another victimless crime.

Did he run someone over while sippin his syrup?

Originally Posted by: dingus 

No, but he was driving with it in his vehicle. You don't wait for a tragedy to punish someone. His punishment from the law was minor. His banishment from the NFL was swift and harsh.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
12 years ago
I feel for Jolly.

The laws are the laws. They are. We build our society around the law. In spite of the flaws, it works pretty darn good.

Obey the law and get left alone. It isn't that awful to do.

Just do the right thing, and chances are quite decent you will not lose your friggin' job or go to jail.

Keep the liberal stuff, I hear ya on that too, so don't go there, Pinko

lol- not directed at anyone at all, just pre-emptively saying I'm not arguing this one.

dingus
12 years ago

I feel for Jolly.

The laws are the laws. They are. We build our society around the law. In spite of the flaws, it works pretty darn good For Some.

Obey the law and get left alone. It isn't that awful to do.

Just do the right thing, and chances are quite decent you will not lose your friggin' job or go to jail.

Keep the liberal stuff, I hear ya on that too, so don't go there, Pinko

lol- not directed at anyone at all, just pre-emptively saying I'm not arguing this one.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Fixed. 😇
blank
evad04
12 years ago

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, back-ground be damned. Right is right, wrong is wrong, and it really isn't all that hard for anyone to figure out.

Again, imo

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

You don't have to argue this one but I take issue with this part.

First, and I want to make this abundantly clear: the choice to take illegal drugs falls on the individual. That's unassailable. You can choose to snort the white stuff, or inject the whatever colored stuff, or pack a bowl of the green stuff. Hell, even slug down the fizzy yellow stuff or the 40% ABV stuff.

That said, the data would point to particular communities, like the poor one Jolly comes from, as having an acutely more difficult time with drugs. This isn't looking at it at an individual level -- this is dropping back and looking at the numbers at a macro level. Drug addiction affects poor black communities at a disproportionately higher level than a lot of other communities. This doesn't excuse Jolly's actions. But we're not talking about white-collar cocaine use.

Drug addiction is tragic. It starts with a series of bad choices, and ends in some irrational physical and psychological dependancy that makes otherwise "normal" people go to extreme lengths to get their high.

I for one feel awful about Jolly. You can see his pain in the video. He needs help. The millions he could make be damned. He made a wrong turn and is paying the consequences for it.

In the same way that I wish Nick Collins can live a healthy life, I hope Johnny can conquer his demons.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (17h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (17h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (17h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
28m / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.