coltonja
12 years ago

YOWZA! VICTORY!

I will not bitch about one thing (including McCarthy's decision to continue running the ball in the redzone) for the next 24 hours!

GO PACK GO!!!! 3-0 bitches!

Originally Posted by: millertime 

haha this reminded me of Vick's press conference. "I'm not gonna complain about the refs, but I'm on my back after every play, man."

I don't care if it wasn't pretty a win in Chicago is great. Rodgers played well except for that errant throw to Finley that got picked by Urlacher. Our D still had some miscommunications that cost us big time. But how about Burnett!!! Stepped up big time. We're gonna need that level of play the rest of the year.

UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Greg C.
12 years ago
This was a really good win. The Packers clearly looked like the better team, from start to finish.

Against the Bears, I'm always waiting for the Big Screw-up, but thankfully that didn't happen until the fourth quarter, after the Packers had built a 17 point lead. Briggs forced a Starks fumble, then the Bears scored on the next play. I got a little worried at that point, because even though the Bears had forced a mistake, Urlacher still hadn't done anything. Then he got an interception. The Bears offense then shot themselves in the foot, though, which was nice.

Does anybody know why the refs called holding on the trick play on the punt return? FOX was not able to find anybody holding. That was an amazing play. It was surprising to me that not a single member of our punt coverage team knew where the ball was. The Bears always make things interesting.

Kudos to Finley, Rodgers, Grant, Jennings, the O-line, Shields, Burnett, Jarius Wynn, and Tramon Williams. The one player who got picked on a lot today was Charlie Peprah. He looked horrible. That surprised me, as well as he played last season.
blank
12 years ago
It is never easy to beat the Bears.

I'm tempted to look past next week and look at the next big test is in 2 weeks at the Falcons.

blank
evad04
12 years ago

Kudos to Finley, Rodgers, Grant, Jennings, the O-line, Shields, Burnett, Jarius Wynn, and Tramon Williams. The one player who got picked on a lot today was Charlie Peprah. He looked horrible. That surprised me, as well as he played last season.

Originally Posted by: Greg C. 

I sort of disagree on Peprah. I can remember making the comment to my lady friend as we watched the game: "why is Peprah on an island with Knox?" It happened a few times -- the most egregious case when the catch was made near the goalline. You shouldn't ever have a speed receiver matched up one on one with a safety like Peprah who lacks athleticism.

There was another play where he got turned around on a throw towards the sideline. From what I could gather from the replay, Woodson also sold out to the inside.

Basically, it seemed to me that the instances where he goofed were pretty remote. And, he shouldn't be matched up in space with a speed receiver.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
all_about_da_packers
12 years ago

The one player who got picked on a lot today was Charlie Peprah. He looked horrible. That surprised me, as well as he played last season.

Originally Posted by: Greg C. 

Yeah, Peprah had a game to forget. The thing that might explain a bit of his struggles is that the grass was sodded again, and there was heavy rain before the game. But, while certainly seeming slow out of breaks and missing some tackles, the bright light is that he has shown he can fill in decently as a S in this defense.

On the other hand, Sam Shields had a solid game. Nice to see.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Greg C.
12 years ago

I sort of disagree on Peprah. I can remember making the comment to my lady friend as we watched the game: "why is Peprah on an island with Knox?" It happened a few times -- the most egregious case when the catch was made near the goalline. You shouldn't ever have a speed receiver matched up one on one with a safety like Peprah who lacks athleticism.

There was another play where he got turned around on a throw towards the sideline. From what I could gather from the replay, Woodson also sold out to the inside.

Basically, it seemed to me that the instances where he goofed were pretty remote. And, he shouldn't be matched up in space with a speed receiver.

Originally Posted by: evad04 

Yeah, he definitely got put into some unfavorable situations, which may not have been his fault. But it sure seemed like his lack of speed was exploited several times, and I don't remember that happening so often in any game last season. Hopefully this was just a glitch.

I don't want to dwell on this, though, because it really was a nice win for the Pack.

blank
Greg C.
12 years ago

On the other hand, Sam Shields had a solid game. Nice to see.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

Yes, Shields was very good. He didn't look good to me in the preseason or the first two games, so this was very good to see. It bodes well for the future.

Something I forgot to mention is that the run defense was awesome again. I don't want to start another run vs. pass debate, but in the past two games the Packers have made things a lot easier for themselves by having an effective running game while stopping the other team's running game. That really tilts the field in the Packers' favor, and it seems to have a cumulative effect as the game goes on.

blank
all_about_da_packers
12 years ago

Originally Posted by: evad04 

The thing is, though, in this game it became apparent that Chicago was not going to attempt to run. They became 1-dimensional, which is exactly the opening Capers needs to start utilizing his exotic 3-4 pressures ala Blitzburgh. On some instances even today, he brought some pressure.

Peprah will have to cover 1-on-1 in some situations. While he did not look lost, he has to be able to break on balls better. He just has to. I realize he isn't going to have the anticipation and recognition of C-Wood, but damn he has to learn to anticipate better to overcome his alarmingly slow breaks on the ball. Last year, he did not seem this slow. I thought the pre-season would be an exception, but he looks just as slow breaking towards the ball as he did then. That may be a problem going forward, especially seeing a way to get our pass-defense in line may be to bring more pressure when Zombo / So'to are healthy.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago
I'm less bothered by Peprah's performance than I am with the defensive performance generally.

I wonder whether Aikman (of all people) was on to something when he pointed his finger at the linebackers. There were far too many *big* open areas in the middle range of 8-15 yards deep. I'm not sophisticated enough to know who has responsibility for what in an offense as complicated as the Packers, but when I see the mid-range middle as open as it was with some regularity today, I think it's more than Peprah in his first start at strong safety.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
nerdmann
12 years ago
Peprah will get into the flow of things.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (27-Jun) : @ochocinco Jayden Reed bitch, learn the fucking name now got damn casual fans 🧀
Zero2Cool (26-Jun) : Thanks!
jdlax (26-Jun) : Happy belated Dad Day Kev and all
jdlax (26-Jun) : The Panthers- Canada's team
beast (26-Jun) : And the Hershey Bears for their AHL Championship 🏆 with tons of overtime games
Zero2Cool (25-Jun) : Sure getting lot of spam accounts lately.
Martha Careful (25-Jun) : Congratulations to the Florida Panthers in the NHL and U Tenn in the CWS on their championships
Zero2Cool (24-Jun) : He slammed Rodgers for not being married. And said he wants his QB settled down, not single.
wpr (24-Jun) : NOT
wpr (24-Jun) : This is such a relief. I have been so worried that Cowturd, I mean, herd would never approve of Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Colin Cowherd now approves of Jordan Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Jordan Love has proposed to his girlfriend Ronika Stone
wpr (22-Jun) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

29-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

28-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

28-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

27-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Jun / Random Babble / earthquake

23-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.