wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
I am surprised they all cleared. Nice.
UserPostedImage
GoPack1984
13 years ago
I'm glad Gurley and West made it on the practice squad. I thought one of those two would have made the 53 man roster. I'm a little surprised Josh Gordy wasn't added.

What are the rules regarding signing players off the practice squads of other teams?
blank
GermanGilbert
13 years ago

What are the rules regarding signing players off the practice squads of other teams?

Originally Posted by: GoPack1984 

You can sign any player from any practice squad. The team which had the player on the practice squad can add the player to the active roster, otherwise you'll get him.

blank
nerdmann
13 years ago
I like these guys.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
djcubez
13 years ago

Don't be happy that any of them cleared. All it takes is a team to say they'll throw them on their 53 for them to be gone.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

That's not ALL it takes. If we can find a way to put him on our 53 man we can keep him. Still I agree, somebody could get sniped eventually. I imagine it will happen once players start getting hurt.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

That's not ALL it takes. If we can find a way to put him on our 53 man we can keep him. Still I agree, somebody could get sniped eventually. I imagine it will happen once players start getting hurt.

Originally Posted by: djcubez 

It is all that it takes. If any team offers a spot on their 53, they are gone. Yes, the agent and player can let the Packers activate them to their roster before accepting, but that is all it takes.

If say the Dolphins want to activate Graham Harrell on their 53 roster, he's gone, unless he refuses or the Packers activate him to their roster first.
UserPostedImage
djcubez
13 years ago

It is all that it takes. If any team offers a spot on their 53, they are gone. Yes, the agent and player can let the Packers activate them to their roster before accepting, but that is all it takes.

If say the Dolphins want toactivate Graham Harrell on their 53 roster, he's gone, unless he refuses or the Packers activate him to their roster first.

? You have confused me. First you said all it takes is a team to want him. Then you added "unless he refuses or the Packers activate him to their roster first." You know that "unless" part? Yea... that contradicts the "all it takes" part.

Plus the "unless the Packers activate him to their roster first" is stating what I said--"If we can find a way to put him on our 53 man we can keep him"--in a different way.

So ummm. I'm confused.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

? You have confused me. First you said all it takes is a team to want him. Then you added "unless he refuses or the Packers activate him to their roster first." You know that "unless" part? Yea... that contradicts the "all it takes" part.

Plus the "unless the Packers activate him to their roster first" is stating what I said--"If we can find a way to put him on our 53 man we can keep him"--in a different way.

So ummm. I'm confused.

Originally Posted by: djcubez 

So, umm, arguing over semantics and misquoting someone while aiming to start an argument ... typically results in confusion.

Don't be happy that any of them cleared. All it takes is a team to say they'll throw them on their 53 for them to be gone.

Section 2. Signing With Other Clubs:

(a) Any player under contract to a Club as a Practice Squad player shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any Club at any time during the League Year, to serve as a player on any Club’s Active or Inactive List, and any Club is completely free to negotiate and sign such a Player Contract with such player, without penalty or restriction, including, but not limited to, Draft Choice Compensation between Clubs or First Refusal Rights of any kind, or any signing period, except that such player shall not be permitted to sign a Player Contract with another Club to serve as a Practice Squad player while under contract as a Practice Squad player.

(b) Notwithstanding Subsection (a) above, a Practice Squad player may not sign an NFL Player Contract with his Club’s next opponent later than 4:00pm, New York time, on the sixth day preceding the game (except in bye weeks, when the prohibition commences on the tenth day preceding the game). When the current employer club has a bye the weekend before the game against the Club signing the Practice Squad player to an NFL Player Contract, such contract must be executed prior to 4:00pm, New York time, on the 10th day preceding the game.

CBA wrote:

Some scenarios I've seen with the Packers.
- Packers hear that a team is interested in one of their practice squad players, so they cut a guy and bring said player onto their active 53 before the other team has a chance.
- Team approaches Packers practice squad player, agent notifies Packers to see if they will active said player.
- Team signs player off Packers practice squad without notifying the Packers until after the fact.

Therefore, in my experience and understanding of what has happened in the past, if a team WANTS a Packers practice squad player, all they need to do is sign'em to their active 53 and he's gone.

On a site note, I deal daily with a 10 year old girl who's overly technical and I come here and get to deal with it to. How. Flippin. AWESOME!
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
13 years ago
I think that's how Brohm went to the Bills. They wanted him. We made him an offer to bring him up to the roster as the 3rd QB, but he wanted to go to the Bills instead. Better opportunity I guess. I think he got to be 2nd, and also got a shot to start.
If it was me, I'd stick around here and learn everything I could from MM's QB school. But I'm a loyalist I guess.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nyrpack
13 years ago
of the guys i expect west to be gone at some point, wr is always a need due to injury during the season, if the pack wasnt so deep there he would have made the team, i feel hes a capable # 5 almost anywhere in the league not to mention a punt or kick return guy !!
jimmy b.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (17h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (17h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (17h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
39m / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.