Cheesey
13 years ago
Moving....i HATE moving. Did it twice in the last year, and hate the thought of doing it again. Moved all our stuff myself in a car both times (except for the big stuff i couldn't fit in the car).
Just about killed me, litterally.
Plus we have a storage shed full of stuff.
Right now i wish a tornado would come through and just take ALL of it.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I crunched numbers, made calls and got everything set so I could take the place August 15th.
Keep in mind, they originally told me I could have the place on August 1st.

So I emailed them, they wouldn't give me a phone number, ... I sent the email out yesterday afternoon asking if I'd I have the month of August half off since I'd be moving in on the 15th ... or could we let me have August rent free and then start the one year lease the following month.

No answer, so this afternoon I emailed them again saying I figured out a way to make August 15th work and again asked about the prorated August rent.

No answer until just a little bit ago.

Hi Kevin - My apologies for this but I just got word from my tenants and it looks like they will need to stay until September 15th. As I mentioned before, they are in a rather tricky situation and I want to be able to help given that they need it. I understand that this is not ideal for you given the timeline and I understand should you need to find an alternative.

Again, apologies for this and good luck in your search!

I checked just now to see if the listing reflected a September 15th move in date ... the listing has been removed. I'd think that they would have more luck finding a new tenant if they kept the listing available.

This whole thing felt shady from the start, especially with the one email a day contact and refusal of giving me a phone number. The application requested a lot of information, such as your savings account number, checking account number, credit card number, etc ... I didn't fill any of that except the last four digits.

Today, when I didn't even receive an email about what I asked the day prior, I started losing my patience and thinking, what happens if the water heater goes out, or I have an issue with the house. ... am I going to be expected to send an email and wait a day or two for a response?

I found another condo for 25 more a month in the same area under different ownership. This one is on the first floor with an attached garage. The problem is, the place on Riverside already cashed my deposit check.

Considering how stressful this has been, I'm done with it. Riverside is a really nice place, has a really good school (not as good as the one on Boardwalk) and it's 100 a month cheaper.
UserPostedImage
macbob
13 years ago
You're leaving out an important part, Z--do they take college students???
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
sorry to hear you are having issues even before you move in. But you are right. If they won't talk to you know it could be even worse when you have repair problems.
UserPostedImage
rabidgopher04
13 years ago
Whatever you do, do not rent from U-Haul. They might have the lowest price, but you may also be taking an amazing risk. They have a history of poor maintenance with their equipment. My personal experience is that one of the rear wheels fell off the axle while I was driving a U-Haul. Thankfully the lip over the wheel-well was keeping it under the truck and preventing me from a serious accident. I would rent a truck from anyone other than U-Haul. I have had excellent experience with Penske most notably on a 4-day move from Boston to Minneapolis.

Did you already sign a lease with the place that cashed the deposit? You should be able to get the deposit back if they have changed the date that the apartment is available.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
The place that cashed the deposit is a place that from the start said I can't move in until August 3rd. That's fine.

I used Penske to get my stuff to Colorado, I won't use uhaul for a long trip. This trip is only about 25 miles and money is gnona be tight so I'm going to have to risk it, against better judgment.
UserPostedImage
macbob
13 years ago
Z-check around a couple of places, and not just for price. When I was doing a local move in Nebraska (many years ago) the Penske place we rented from did not have weekend hours. We picked up the truck on Fri, droppped it off Mon morning, and got charged for 1 day. The Penske 1 day rental was more expensive, but we'd have paid 3x the amount renting from Uhaul.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I picked up my UHaul truck July 31st, the lady told me $268. I said 'ok, ill be going elsewhere as i was told on the phone it would be around $130'. Somehow she did something that knocked it down to 167, so I said fine. After I returned the truck, they charged me only $130. Why do people gotta fuck with you?

Another funny ... Sunday I got the truck, loaded it, drove it to the new place, noticed the tire was low while loading. It's expected from how I had it parked and how much shit I crammed into it. Tuesday when I went 'home' to unload it, the tire was flat. They didn't charge me to have someone come replace the tire, which was cool.

When I returned the truck, I bumped into the lady who gave me the keys as she was leaving for the night. I told her I took pictures of the entire truck, just in case I didn't mark something down on the paper or overlooked something. She looked disappointed.

I won't be using UHaul ever again, the truck was a piece of shit. I'm sticking with Penske, good trucks, good customer service and their building/office's are air conditioned with no flies pissing me off.

Speaking of air conditioning, I was stoked about having an A/C finally ... it died the first day. I had someone come out to fix it yesterday, it started blowing a warm musky smelling air not even an hour after dude left. Go figure, right? I'm probably the biggest pussy when it comes to heat. I'd rather freeze my ass off than sweat my balls off.

Two weeks ago Keiana called me and asked me how the house shopping was going. I told her I've chosen one and will be moving in shortly. I told her it's the one where she'll have her own bathroom. I heard a little squeal of excitement, then a dial tone. The shithead hung up on me!!

Tuesday she called again. When I answered the phone she squealed "daddy just a few more days!!" I'm starting to think I'm raising a little piggy! It's such an incredible feeling hearing how excited she is to come home.

(just received an email from the landlord, she bought a new A/C for me and is going to have it installed tomorrow ... that means I won't get to use it until Tuesday night when we get back home from Wisconsin, lol)

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
13 years ago
Zero said:"it started blowing a warm musky smelling air"......are you sure it wasn't more like "walleye", or maybe "large mouth bass"?
LOLOL!!![grin1]
Sorry! I knew what you meant, but it was much more funny the way you said it. LOL!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Zero said:"it started blowing a warm musky smelling air"......are you sure it wasn't more like "walleye", or maybe "large mouth bass"?
LOLOL!!![grin1]
Sorry! I knew what you meant, but it was much more funny the way you said it. LOL!

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

It may very well be just that. All I know, the smell is not pleasant at all, haha.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (2h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (2h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.