digsthepack
13 years ago
Really, is anyone still questioning what Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are doing here? Coach and Executive of the year performance for both with what they have done to remain competitive with all the injuries!
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
evad04
13 years ago

Frankly, I find it hard to believe McCarthy has transformed into some sort of genius since the 8 weeks or so when we last played Atlanta.

Which goes to show you the importance of execution. Today, we executed tremendously well. Our O-line came to play, and really that was all Rodgers needed. Great performance.

Which goes to show that, really, McCarthy isn't really all that bad of a coach or Offensive playcaller as some make him out to be.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

At this point "isn't really all that bad of a coach" is offensive to me. Give props to Capers and Rodgers and Tramon and all who deserve it, but lets not forget who's the coach who runs the show. It's McCarthy. He gets praise from just about everybody except for Packer fans. This isn't my moment to be bitter. It's probably common knowledge on these boards that I'm "pro-McCarthy." I just want fans to rally around the guy, is all. Games like tonight show, as you said, what they can pull off when they execute.

McCarthy is a fine coach -- several degrees of latitude above not "all that bad."
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
zombieslayer
13 years ago

That call with Raji in there that Kuhn ran for a TD, that's downright awesome.

"Finley88Beast" wrote:

Lol my dad was watching with me he said the packers should of handed him the ball.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Heh. He might have killed someone. That would have been scary.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
evad04
13 years ago

I said at the time we were a better team than the Falcons, and everyone said I was talking shit. This proves I was right. Mike McCarthy screwed the pooch. Not just against the Falcons either.
Still, props to Mike McCarthy for pulling his head out this week. Still came out ugly at the beginning of both halves, still had the ugly 14 point swing AND the lull, but a dominating win. Thank you Dom!

"nerdmann" wrote:

Nitpicking a 48-21 win. Ugh. But thanks for letting us know how right you were. You know Cheerios go with milk and not piss, right?

GO PACK GO!

Soak it up folks. Tonight was fun. As a fan, you can't ask for much more (unless you expected a 48-0 win like nerd).
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
DakotaT
13 years ago

Soak it up folks. Tonight was fun. As a fan, you can't ask for much more (unless you expected a 48-0 win like nerd).

"evad04" wrote:

I disagree, a twenty point win next week at the spaceship would be so much better.

I get frustrated alot with MM, but he is a damn good coach and I can't wait until they name a street after him.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

At this point "isn't really all that bad of a coach" is offensive to me.

McCarthy is a fine coach -- several degrees of latitude above not "all that bad."

"evad04" wrote:

You're absolutely right. I would agree with you, and yet strangely I chose wording that was much more neutral.

Bob McGinn wrote a pretty good piece on how we've seen McCarthy grow before our eyes the last few weeks particularly. He mentioned that we see McCarthy being more upfront with questions. Things like "We're no one's underdogs" and "this is just the beginning" (in reference to last week's win by Rodgers) show a coach that is extremely confident.

And it has trickled down to his players. McGinn made a very important point in his article that needs to be repeated: McCarthy insists he has a pulse on his team, and the last few weeks we've seen a "this is my team, and you're gonna have a tough time trying to stop it" attitude from Mike McCarthy that players' have clearly responded to (based on what some players were quoted as saying in McGinn's article).

Add that to the stat Troy mentioned this week, where the previous teams to lose 90+ games to injury finished with no higher than 6 wins... Mike McCarthy deserves serious consideration for HC of the year. Dude is definitely one of the top coaches in the NFL, I'd say. Certainly, he is also assisted by his staff, but it is hard to argue that someone else would be better served being the HC of our team.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
jdog2
13 years ago
Big ups to MM. I thought he would go into safe mode in the second half, but he just kept letting Arodg throw
blank
zombieslayer
13 years ago
The playcalling was damn good tonight. I don't see how anyone could complain about the playcalling. It was aggressive, right up until the last two drives. He had Aaron pretty much beat the crap out of the Falcons' D. Aaron wore them out.

Green Bay - 9:56
1st-10, GB11 9:56 J. Starks rushed to the right for 3 yard loss
2nd-13, GB8 9:12 A. Rodgers incomplete pass to the left
3rd-13, GB8 8:55 A. Rodgers passed to G. Jennings down the middle for 30 yard gain. G. Jennings fumbled. B. Grimes recovered fumble

This was the opening drive. This should have been a score. We had fat momentum with that play. Just a fluke fumble.

Green Bay - 4:50
1st-10, GB19 4:50 Atlanta committed 5 yard penalty
1st-5, GB24 4:44 J. Starks rushed to the right for 4 yard gain
2nd-1, GB28 4:16 J. Starks rushed to the right for 4 yard gain
1st-10, GB32 3:27 B. Jackson rushed to the left for 13 yard gain
1st-10, GB45 2:52 J. Starks rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
2nd-6, GB49 2:11 A. Rodgers passed to J. Kuhn to the right for 7 yard gain
1st-10, ATL44 1:25 J. Starks rushed to the left for 1 yard gain
2nd-9, ATL43 0:48 A. Rodgers passed to D. Driver to the right for 2 yard gain
3rd-7, ATL41 0:01 A. Rodgers passed to G. Jennings down the middle for 18 yard gain

2nd Quarter

Green Bay continued
1st-10, ATL23 14:54 A. Rodgers passed to D. Driver to the left for 5 yard gain
2nd-5, ATL18 14:11 A. Rodgers passed to G. Jennings to the right for 2 yard gain
3rd-3, ATL16 13:28 A. Rodgers passed to J. Nelson to the right for 8 yard gain
1st-8, ATL8 12:48 J. Starks rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
2nd-6, ATL6 12:04 A. Rodgers passed to J. Nelson to the left for 6 yard touchdown. M. Crosby made PAT

That was the 2nd drive. We really hammered back at them on this drive. I had Mrs. Z have a shot ready about when we reached into Atlanta territory because I had a good feeling we'd score on that drive.

Green Bay - 11:50
Green Bay kicked off, E. Weems returned kickoff for 102 yard touchdown

Ironically, this really screwed over the Falcons as the O never gave a chance for the D to rest. I think this upcoming drive really hurt the Falcons:

Atlanta - 11:49
Atlanta kicked off, J. Starks returned kickoff for no gain

Green Bay - 11:46
1st-10, GB8 11:46 A. Rodgers passed to G. Jennings to the left for 6 yard gain
2nd-4, GB14 11:05 A. Rodgers passed to D. Driver down the middle for 24 yard gain
1st-10, GB38 10:21 A. Rodgers passed to G. Jennings to the left for 12 yard gain
1st-10, 50 9:42 A. Rodgers incomplete pass to the right
2nd-10, 50 9:32 A. Rodgers passed to J. Jones to the right for 34 yard gain
1st-10, ATL16 9:11 J. Starks rushed to the right for 1 yard gain
2nd-9, ATL15 8:34 A. Rodgers passed to J. Jones to the right for 6 yard gain
3rd-3, ATL9 7:53 Atlanta committed 5 yard penalty
1st-4, ATL4 7:29 J. Starks rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain
2nd-3, ATL3 6:48 Atlanta committed 2 yard penalty
1st-1, ATL1 6:44 J. Starks rushed to the right for no gain
2nd-1, ATL1 6:06 J. Kuhn rushed to the right for 1 yard touchdown. M. Crosby made PAT

Note how long the Atlanta D was on the field without getting a chance for a breather.

Green Bay - 2:17
1st-10, GB20 2:17 A. Rodgers passed to A. Quarless to the right for 6 yard gain
2nd-4, GB26 2:00 Atlanta committed 5 yard penalty
1st-10, GB31 1:53 A. Rodgers rushed to the left for 6 yard gain
2nd-4, GB37 1:51 Green Bay committed 5 yard penalty
2nd-9, GB32 1:45 A. Rodgers passed to G. Jennings down the middle for 20 yard gain
1st-10, ATL48 1:37 A. Rodgers passed to A. Quarless to the left for 8 yard gain
2nd-2, ATL40 1:09 A. Rodgers incomplete pass to the right
3rd-2, ATL40 1:02 A. Rodgers passed to D. Driver down the middle for 20 yard gain
1st-10, ATL20 0:42 A. Rodgers passed to J. Jones to the right for 20 yard touchdown. M. Crosby made PAT

This was one of my favorite drives. All passes. The Falcons hated seeing that. Hated it. I actually think they were relieved when we handed the ball off.

We needed a quick TD before halftime and the Falcons knew we were going to pass and couldn't do a God damn thing about it.

Then Williams shows why he OWNS Ryan.

Halftime.

Next drive, Mike McCarthy comes out swinging.

Atlanta - 15:00
Atlanta kicked off, touchback

Green Bay - 14:55
1st-10, GB20 14:55 A. Rodgers sacked by J. Abraham
2nd-20, GB10 14:25 A. Rodgers passed to G. Jennings to the right for 7 yard gain
3rd-13, GB17 13:39 A. Rodgers passed to J. Jones to the left for 15 yard gain
1st-10, GB32 13:10 A. Rodgers passed to J. Nelson to the right for 9 yard gain
2nd-1, GB41 12:40 J. Starks rushed to the right for 13 yard gain
1st-10, ATL46 11:55 J. Starks rushed to the right for 9 yard gain
2nd-1, ATL37 11:14 J. Starks rushed to the right for 2 yard gain
1st-10, ATL35 10:29 A. Rodgers incomplete pass to the right
2nd-10, ATL35 10:24 J. Starks rushed to the right for 3 yard gain
3rd-7, ATL32 9:42 A. Rodgers passed to J. Nelson to the right for 14 yard gain
1st-10, ATL18 9:00 A. Rodgers passed to J. Nelson to the left for 11 yard gain
1st-7, ATL7 8:28 A. Rodgers rushed to the right for 7 yard touchdown. M. Crosby made PAT

8 passes, 4 runs. I like that percentage. Mike McCarthy stayed aggressive as he wanted a TD.

I'm not going to do the whole game. The point I'm making is Mike McCarthy called a really good game. Yes, the execution was there but the actual playcalling was great.

A few folks in the chat didn't like those instant dump offs to WRs but I loved them because Mike McCarthy showed he believed in our WRs to get some YAC. Yes, it usually didn't work but it's the same as a run. It's a 90% completion and you know we'll get 3 or 4 yards with it. Wears them down too. Wears down their morale. Plus, all it takes is one of them to break loose and if anyone in the NFL can do it, it's the GB WRs. We rule at YAC and everyone knows it.

Kudos MM. I want to see TT/MM/Dom Capers for the next 5+ years together in the Green & Gold. Like I said in another thread, my only fear is some other team will pull Capers away from us because they'll throw fat money in his face.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
brnt247
13 years ago
Mike McCarthy has been a top play caller since he joined the team. The guy gets little respect even still amongst a lot of Packer fans because they wish to focus on the negative and not the positive. It's a natural reaction when things go bad to get upset and put blame on someone, and that totem poll eventually hits the head coach. Regardless, the man has done a phenomenal job of building a team that will not only compete for a title but compete for titles for many years to come.

Much of that has to do with Thompson as well, but McCarthy develops game plans and keeps this team in every single game even when they are putting up stinkers. This team has had its fair share of bad luck under McCarthy, but he is finally being recognized for how great of a football mind he truly is.
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

That call with Raji in there that Kuhn ran for a TD, that's downright awesome.

"Finley88Beast" wrote:

Lol my dad was watching with me he said the packers should of handed him the ball.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Yep I called for it in the Raji thread on Friday. My mistake was I thought Mike McCarthy would be too conservative and want to work on it during the preseason to feel comfortable going with it during a game. He faked me out.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (8h) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

2h / GameDay Threads / wpr

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.