peteralan71
13 years ago
When I was going through my pre-marriage classes, the pastor got to a point that he said, "Ok, now for the hard question. Why do you two love each other?" We answered, and he then told us that we did really good because most people just squirm when they are asked that question, because they don't really know how to answer it.

So, I was just thinking: Why do we love the Packers? Out of all the teams in the NFL, why do we choose to be Cheeseheads instead of anybody else? And if you are reading this, but are one of the people that is not a Packers fan, what is it about YOUR team that makes you feel like they are your family?

The reason that I am asking this is because I know what I said when my wife asked me why I chose the Packers out of all the teams, but I'm just curious as to what everybody else has to say on the subject.
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
Finley88Beast
13 years ago
Because man they are very exciting to watch!For some reason its like a spark of excitement when I watch them!
A Quote from my brother Mike(Bears Fan)
"Fucking Greg Jennings"
After he makes a catch
Rockmolder
13 years ago
No clue.

I think I'll start rooting for the Vikes next season.
peteralan71
13 years ago

Because man they are very exciting to watch!For some reason its like a spark of excitement when I watch them!

"Finley88Beast" wrote:

Do you love them because they are exciting to watch, or vise versa? Was your dad or brother(s) Packers fans? It seems to me that so many people decide who they are going to like by who their dad or brothers like, or (if they start watching at a young age) whose uniforms they like the best, etc. etc. etc.
I remember when I was a kid watching football, the 49ers were in their prime. I loved the 49ers, and hated the Cowboys. Then, when the 49ers started to fall out, so did my fanhood.
The reason that I like the Packers so much is something that I never in a million years would have said when I was a kid, and the shocking thing is that one of the main reasons I like them could end up making me like them much less, if certain things were to happen. This particular reason, if you want to know, is below. If you don't want to know, and you want to formulate your own opinion, don't click on the spoiler. The thing is, it is a very hard question to answer. It kind of makes you sit there and ponder.

One of the big reasons I like the Packers so much is because they bring up all their talent through the draft. They very seldomly go out and get a big name player (with the exception of Woodson) and pay him a ton. In a strong correlation with this reason, they don't have guys that are constantly in the media shooting their mouths off. They are there to play football. That is one of my strongest reasons for loving the Packers.

UserPostedImage
peteralan71
13 years ago

No clue.

I think I'll start rooting for the Vikes next season.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

LOL isn't it a hard question to answer? I thought to myself how lucky I was that I had an answer right away for my wife, or she would probably cut me off from football and all my Packers gear!
UserPostedImage
13 years ago
Indoctrination, mostly. Same as religion. Heck, for some people the Packers probably are a religion. Not sure 'bout the out-of-towners or people who weren't born in WI. That's a good question.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

musccy
13 years ago
Probably because I was born and raised in Wisco...but I do love that they are the only publicly owned pro sports team.
RaiderPride
13 years ago
For me....

You can only love, if they love you back.

It is like I am living in the hills outside of Salt Lake City Utah in a cast off Mormon group that still believes in having more than one wife. I love them both equally.

Number One wife is the RAIDERS. Fact is I love her, but she has not loved me back for 8 years. She is trying her best to love me back this year though.

Number Two wife is the Packers...... at least she loves me back.

If you give love, you should get some love back.

Right now I sleep with Wife Number Two 5 nights a week, and make the obligated journey into Wife Number One's bed twice a week.

However... We all have SIX children (Super Bowls) together. Three from Wife Number One, and three from Wife Number Two.

The kids are doing well. It is madness!

"There is always some madness in love. But there is always some love in madness."
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
peteralan71
13 years ago

only publicly owned pro sports team.

"musccy" wrote:

Another one of the points that I made. I mean seriously how frickin sweet is that? Are they ever going to sell stock again?
Packers Stock 
UserPostedImage
peteralan71
13 years ago

For me....

You can only love, if they love you back.

It is like I am living in the hills outside of Salt Lake City Utah in a cast off Mormon group that still believes in having more than one wife. I love them both equally.

Number One wife is the RAIDERS. Fact is I love her, but she has not loved me back for 8 years. She is trying her best to love me back this year though.

Number Two wife is the Packers...... at least she loves me back.

If you give love, you should get some love back.

Right now I sleep with Wife Number Two 5 nights a week, and make the obligated journey into Wife Number One's bed twice a week.

However... We all have SIX children (Super Bowls) together. Three from Wife Number One, and three from Wife Number Two.

The kids are doing well. It is madness!

"There is always some madness in love. But there is always some love in madness."

"RaiderPride" wrote:

+1
What made you choose your second wife?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12m) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (4h) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (4h) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (5h) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21h) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (22h) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : No surprise, Love inactive
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2m / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.