musccy
13 years ago
I think a few are missing the point. it's not that nerd is saying Flynn>Rodgers, or that he has a nut in his asshole, rather that the inexperience may cause M M to modify the playbook which incidentaly could play to the team's strengths. I think it's an interesting thought

2 things it seems that we see less of that have worked in pvs. years are screens and those 4-5 wr sets with quick slants to Greg and Donald.

I wonder if the lack of screens have had anything to do with the declining athleticism of our tackles...I really don't know, just a thought.

And as for the quick slants...maybe we're running this a lot and I just don't notice, but it seems like we're running more curls, or guys just sitting in open space, rather than the 3 step drop, quick fire to GJ/DD...they catch the ball in stride, one juke and shabaam...they make up another 5-10 yards.

I'm not very football saavy, so I'm not too adamant in my position, nor am I trying to say I know more than MM...just some rudimentary personal opinions loosely related to the Flynn/Rodgers topic.
peteralan71
13 years ago
I do see your point, and the kid has improved a lot since last year (he looked very sharp during the preseason) but he is no ARod. Like you said, if Flynn comes in, we'll hit more of a balance, and do you honestly think that that would be a positive? We had a pass-first game for a reason: our running game is NOT good and we have an OUTSTANDING receiving corps. I think this takes us down a notch or two.
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
olds70supreme
13 years ago
I like Rodgers, and I have nothing against McCarthy. That said, I think this is an interesting thought. Essentially, McCarthy will presumably let the starting QB play within his means. With Rodgers this means a more complex offense, more throwing vs runs, etc. This is capable of being successful based on last year. With Flynn this would probably mean a simpler offense with shorter routes, outlet receivers, more running, etc.

If this ends up being more successful I don't think it is a reflection of either the coach or Rodgers because, IMO the Packers' lack of success early this year is more a result of failed execution by players other than Rodgers. I'm not saying he's perfect but there have been a lot of drops, missed blocks, penalties, etc. If it is more successful I think it will be because by boiling the offense down to the basics it will make the players concentrate more on the fundamentals - you know, catch the ball that hits your hands.

On the other hand, if the change is wildly successful and Rodgers comes back the following week I would hope that McCarthy would not revert back 100%.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Who would have thought before the season began that by Week Six there would be muted calls for Flynn to be brought in. Wow.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
13 years ago
If Rodgers can't go, and Flynn plays decent. It should help the team down the road. Coaches are reportedly high on Flynn already, getting a good performance out of him will raise his trade value.

I would hope that if it does come about that Rodgers can't go, that this would get McCarthy back to basics more. I think that will help Rodgers back to the QB we expect when he returns
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
olds70supreme
13 years ago

Who would have thought before the season began that by Week Six there would be muted calls for Flynn to be brought in. Wow.

I might have missed something but the only reason Flynn is being talked about at all this season is because Rodger's might be out next week(?).

P.S. - When quoting somebody on the forum, how do you get it to list them as the source?
blank
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

"olds70supreme" wrote:

I might have missed something but the only reason Flynn is being talked about at all this season is because Rodger's might be out next week(?).

P.S. - When quoting somebody on the forum, how do you get it to list them as the source?

[php]

Hello, fooSnickens

[/php]

to

[php]

fooSnickens? Eff. Ewe!

"MutatedMonkeyNuts" wrote:

[/php]
UserPostedImage
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago
There is no "interesting argument", this topic shouldn't even exist! I have been probably the most critical of Rodgers out of anyone (some deserved some probably not - see bias, sorry Zero, lol). But there is NO way we are better with Flynn - its not even possible.

Rodgers has not been great this season but he's still one of the top 10 QBs in the league even with playing at this level. It just doesn't make sense to even think about being a better team with a crappier less talented QB on this team. We already suck, that strategy only works for an elite team like the old Ravens teams.

The only way the Flynn thing would make sense is if you had a crazy running attack like the Jets or something and you can afford to have your QB do nothing. But with us, without Grant especially, we need the QB to be elite.

If we're with Flynn next week, I am assuming we're 3-3 heading into the Vikings game. This offense sucks this bad with an elite QB, it would only get worse.
blank
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago
Btw, are we in a bizzaro world, whats going on. Why are so many people giving this any thought? Why am I defending Rodgers? Why are there pigs flying outside my window?
blank
AKampfan78
13 years ago
Overall he will not be better then Aaron. I think this opens the door to more of the running game. IMO it will be interesting to see how he does, that Miami D is pretty nasty...
In Heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here!
Hawkeye fan 4-Life!
Packers 3-1 in games I have attended (12/28/08 Lions, 9/27/09 Rams, 11/20/11 Buccaneers & 12/19/11 Chiefs)
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (2h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (2h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.