go.pack.go.
13 years ago

We barely hung on at the end...

But hey, good teams find ways to win.

A win is a win!

"rabidgopher04" wrote:

Yes, a win is a win, but it sure was ugly. At least it wasn't penalties this week.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Yeah this week it was turnovers.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
13 years ago

10. I don't know why Hawk pissed you off. I thought he was one of our better players out there, which isn't saying much, as the defense was very soft overall.

"GermanGilbert" wrote:

completely agree. however, tramon williams had a decent game, nice back-to-back pass break-ups when the lions took a shot to take the lead.

"Greg C." wrote:

Tramon was Defensive Player of the Game. (Kuhn was Offensive POG.) I mean in my own estimation.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Chutzpah515
13 years ago

10. I don't know why Hawk pissed you off. I thought he was one of our better players out there, which isn't saying much, as the defense was very soft overall.

"GermanGilbert" wrote:

completely agree. however, tramon williams had a decent game, nice back-to-back pass break-ups when the lions took a shot to take the lead.

"Greg C." wrote:

I agree too on Hawk and I have never much cared him. Your propably just fixating on that stupid facemask call. Tramon Williams' play throughout the game was really impressive as well.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

I think Aaron Rodgers may be getting frustrated that he is having to carry the offense so much. Other than Finley, the Packer receivers are not making as many big plays as expected, and with the running game becoming such a minor part of the offense, the receivers need to do more.

"Greg C." wrote:

I'm wondering if it is more the fact that our Ts are playing like Betty White.

Rodgers seems to be making throws after one or two reads, and considering Taush was less than stellar again today, I can't blame Rodgers for trying to get the ball out after only making 1 or 2 reads.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Greg C.
13 years ago

1. The playcalling on third and short can get awfully weird.

Exhibit A: On third and one, they handed off to John Kuhn running parallel to the line of scrimmage. No gain. Kuhn is a straight ahead runner--a fullback. Why did they call this play for him?

Exhibit B: On third and one or two, Rodgers ran a bootleg and heaved the ball 20 yards downfield to a receiver who wasn't open. Incomplete. This one may be more on Rodgers than McCarthy. If that's a short pass to Finley, I have no problem with it, but if he's not open you don't throw it downfield to a receiver who's not open. Probably you have to try and run for the first down.

Exhibit C: Rodgers threw downfield to Jennings on third and short and the ball was intercepted. Again, the receiver wasn't even open and he just heaved it down there. I don't get it.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

Typically why I do not think it is wise to criticize play-calling is because so much depends on execution - which in the game is beyond the Coach's control in games.

Exhibits 2 and 3 are great examples of this. Particularly exhibit 3, McCarthy said that Finley was the underneath route, and based on the coverage (if it was single coverage) the option was there to throw to Jennings. McCarthy would be nuts to not try and exploit a no-name single covering Jennings, but it was Aaron and Jennings that had to execute. Aaron threw a pretty good pass, but Jennings did not execute. Again, difficult to criticize McCarthy for a bad play-call considering the strategy behind this particular play-call (isolate Jennings in single coverage, or take the Finley route underneath).

"Greg C." wrote:

That's not the way I saw it. Jennings may have been matched up against a no-name DB, but he hadn't been getting open against those guys all day, and the only way that pass is complete is if Rodgers makes a difficult throw over the top of the defender and Jennings makes a fairly difficult catch. The throw by Rodgers was horrible--he underthrew it. But on third and two you should not have to execute a throw and catch with that high a degree of difficulty. Most of the time, the receivers should run short routes.
blank
nerdmann
13 years ago
Remember when Rodgers talked about taking a few more chances with the ball? Throwing it up on occasion and letting the reciever make a play on it? As far as I'm concerned, he can stop doing that now.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dyeah_gb
13 years ago

I'm concerned about Mike McCarthy as a head coach.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

What I'm concerned about is my current lack of will to watch this team this year. Never have I felt this way before. When I came home and saw the score my immediate reaction was exasperation followed by relief in the form of "Thank fuck I missed this one." How do i reconcile the fact that at this point I'd rather not even watch the games out of disgust in how horrible our team is playing?

"nerdmann" wrote:

Are your expectations too high? I think it is clear that the lovefest for the pack to go to the super bowl might be a little suspect. But we are 3 and 1 and our decencies can be fixed. Go PACK!
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Greg C.
13 years ago

I think one reason they blitzed less at the end was that the defense was gassed. They were on the field all F'ing day. Rodgers was great last week when they ran the WCO and dominated time of possession. That gets him into a rhythmn. Today they ran the Rosseley offense. It was a flashback to the Mike Sherman era, and it was ugly. We don't have Ahman Green anymore to make it work even as well as it did then, which wasn't all that great anyway.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

It becomes difficult to run a crisp offense that dominates TOP when your QB throws 2 INTs (particularly first one, where he simply underthrew the ball and didn't give his receiver a shot at it) and your Kick Return unit fumble twice after the Lions put together a scoring drive.

After the second turnover, I saw Woodson break-up a ball intended for Johnson and then go down on one knee and look totally gassed. You do not see that with Woodson, but having the D out there for something like 35 minutes, it's not a totally strange thing to see.

"nerdmann" wrote:

Matthews looked gassed near the end of the game too. The coaches might want to consider mixing in Poppinga, Brad Jones, or whoever, to keep everyone fresh, especially considering how long the season lasts.
blank
Greg C.
13 years ago

Remember when Rodgers talked about taking a few more chances with the ball? Throwing it up on occasion and letting the reciever make a play on it? As far as I'm concerned, he can stop doing that now.

"nerdmann" wrote:

You hate to be afraid to do that, though. For now, I would be willing to consider that long interception an anomaly. Usually Jennings is either going to win that battle or it's going to be an incompletion--or you'll get pass interference against the defense.

Coming into the game, I had heard how awful Detroit's DBs were, but I thought they played quite well. Better than ours, actually.
blank
Chutzpah515
13 years ago

I think Aaron Rodgers may be getting frustrated that he is having to carry the offense so much. Other than Finley, the Packer receivers are not making as many big plays as expected, and with the running game becoming such a minor part of the offense, the receivers need to do more.

"Greg C." wrote:

When has Rodgers carried the offense this season? Rodgers has been disappointing, for the most part, this season. If anything the rest of the offense should be getting frustrated at the inconsistency of HIS play.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (7h) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
58m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

1h / GameDay Threads / wpr

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.