Porforis
14 years ago

terrorist suitcase nuke bombs either israel or the us or britain ... we retaliate then it all kicks off starting in the mideast and escalates elsewhere ...

"Dulak" wrote:

Many people overestimate the capability and portability of "suitcase nukes". I'm more concerned with the prospect of a country like Iran loading up a conventional warhead into a ship, getting close enough to a carrier battlegroup (because lord knows we're long past the days of not being terrified of sinking an "innocent" vessel and have the UN yell at us) and detonating. Not only would it be a massive loss of life, that would be an insane amount of money and military might lost.

tell you the truth thou - I partly dont blame the iranians developing nukes; we are at their doorstep and bush did call them a 'axis of evil'.

I do believe Bush said that for a reason.

and we all know why russia is helping them - to f$%^ with the US
be like if we helped the georgian republic develope nukes.

Now that would be funny to see Russia scream and pout about.
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I would love to see verifiable, empirical evidence that Iran is "sponsoring terrorists." I believe they may very well be funding insurgent groups in the region; it would make sense from a strategic, national security perspective for them to do so. But most insurgents are not terrorists, and most terrorists are not insurgents. It drives me nuts that we use the words synonymously nowadays.

Why don't you guys who throw the word "terrorists" around so lightly just go ahead and call them Commies or Charlie or Krauts or Japs or Redcoats or Injuns. EVERYBODY who doesn't happen to agree with everything the US stands for is a terrorist these days (hell, Janet Reno once labeled homeschoolers "domestic terrorists"!). "Terrorists" is just the pejoratibe label du jour for whoever-we-don't-like. Different generation, different word. Same old fucking scare tactics.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
14 years ago

I would love to see verifiable, empirical evidence that Iran is "sponsoring terrorists." I believe they may very well be funding insurgent groups in the region; it would make sense from a strategic, national security perspective for them to do so. But most insurgents are not terrorists, and most terrorists are not insurgents. It drives me nuts that we use the words synonymously nowadays.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

The EU and US both classify Hamas as a terrorist organization. Iran hasn't provided material support (money) to Hamas?

Why don't you guys who throw the word "terrorists" around so lightly just go ahead and call them Commies or Charlie or Krauts or Japs or Redcoats or Injuns. EVERYBODY who doesn't happen to agree with everything the US stands for is a terrorist these days (hell, Janet Reno once labeled homeschoolers "domestic terrorists"!). "Terrorists" is just the pejoratibe label du jour for whoever-we-don't-like. Different generation, different word. Same old fucking scare tactics.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

While I sympathize with your frustration about "terrorist" becoming a buzzword, perhaps you jumped the gun a bit (assuming that comment was directed at me)?
zombieslayer
14 years ago

You friggin' morons that put this clown in office will now witness the incredibly sad result.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Whoa. Don't blame me. I've been voting 3rd party for decades now. Republicans want to ban these freedoms and spend our hard-earned money on this shit, while Democrats want to ban those freedoms and spend our hard-earned money on that shit. That's the difference between the two major parties.

I've blogged many times how O Bummer is not the man for the job as he doesn't have the experience nor brains to get us out of this recession.

Now, nobody knows shit and anyone who thinks they do is deceiving themselves. That includes you too, amigo. All we can do is take educated guesses with the research we've done.

I don't trust anyone in the middle east, and that includes our "friends" Israel. Look up the USS Liberty sometime and you'll wonder why we haven't nuked that piss ant country. I hate Israel just as much as I hate the rest of them.

Now don't get me wrong, I hate North Korea as well but just sayin', it's like being scared of a four-year-old with a dirt clog.

What really gets me is China is still on our "most favored nations" trading list despite the fact that China is trying to make us their economic slaves. Look up the trade deals we have and you have to wonder if America is run by complete idiots.

I agree with NSD that we throw around the word terrorists way too much. It's all to get votes. There are terrorists under your bed, waiting for you to go to sleep and then they'll nuke ya.

If we were all armed like Switzerland, like the Founding Fathers intended, and neutral, like the Founding Fathers intended, we wouldn't be having this discussion as it would all be other people's problems, like it's supposed to be.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
My comments weren't directed at anyone in particular, though they were most directly provoked by dulak's post.

I just find it frustrating that we blithely dismiss Iran as "irrational" or "insane" instead of realizing they probably -- almost certainly -- have solid, coldly calculating, strategic national-security reasons for the actions they take.

Unfortunately, I have to skedaddle to church, so I don't have time to elaborate on this issue. But doing a little reading on the Iran-Iraq War would elucidate a lot of Iran's concerns for anyone with an open mind.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
Still think everyone is looking too much to the "usual suspects".

(shrug)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Still think everyone is looking too much to the "usual suspects".

(shrug)

"Wade" wrote:

Stop screwing us over, Wade.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
Huh? Or was that getting back at my Dutch windmill crack? 🙂
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Huh? Or was that getting back at my Dutch windmill crack? :)

"Wade" wrote:

Pointing out that people should look beyond the usual suspects.

Soon you'll all bow before our mighty Dutch feet.

Or not, because you spoiled it for us.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago

Whoa. Don't blame me. I've been voting 3rd party for decades now. Republicans want to ban these freedoms and spend our hard-earned money on this shit, while Democrats want to ban those freedoms and spend our hard-earned money on that shit. That's the difference between the two major parties.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

And, unfortunately, both of them are really good at finding ways to do as you describe. Which is why I'm a big fan of putting "none of the above" on the ballot.

The other thing I would do is get rid of the Federal Election Campaign Fund, or whatever the eff it is called. The one we always get a checkoff option on the Form 1040. Same with the franking privileges of sitting politicians. And the cutting of congressional and executive branch salaries by a minimum of 10 percent per year and pensions by 15 percent every year the government runs a deficit.

To my mind, no sitting elected official should be able to reap the benefit of any salary/benefits he/she votes for until after they have sit out at least one term.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (8h) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

2h / GameDay Threads / wpr

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.