ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
I'm much less concerned about the fact that the other NFC North teams are spending money than I am about what that money is being spent on - it sure looks like they're stocking up on guys to throw at Rodgers. Assuming Peppers ends up in Chicago, I think this makes dfosterf's stance all the more salient. The Pack can't get by with a half-ass approach to the offensive line this season, because the other teams are clearly stocking up to attack our fine young QB.
blank
tonyagnese
14 years ago

I'm much less concerned about the fact that the other NFC North teams are spending money than I am about what that money is being spent on - it sure looks like they're stocking up on guys to throw at Rodgers. Assuming Peppers ends up in Chicago, I think this makes dfosterf's stance all the more salient. The Pack can't get by with a half-ass approach to the offensive line this season, because the other teams are clearly stocking up to attack our fine young QB.

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

Hopefully Peppers will take the 2 games off vs. green bay as he tends to do.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
+1 purely for using the word "salient."
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago
LOL

this argument happen last year, year before that and year before that

Some people just never will understand how Ted and staff works

Lets keep this thread sticky when and IF free agency is around next year..

We can just change potions, and names and this thread will be relevant once again

UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
LTF, you've certainly got a point. I'm just going to clarify that I don't care that the Pack won't sign Peppers or whomever. I'm more than a little concerned that they'll allow Clifton to go to Washington as guys like Peppers and Vanden Bosch (certainly spelled wrong) are coming into the division, though - that isn't a good thing, no matter how you look at it.
blank
dfosterf
14 years ago
...and another +1 for the context in which it was used :tongue3:

I think a lot of us share the exact same concerns.

My position is that there is no way we can stand pat with what we have.

No way.

I guess the closest we come to the opposite of that view is Pack93z's argument that we will be good with Lang at LT.

I see options in the middle, Lang as a RT try--and a good try, especially in the context that even when he gets beat Aaron can see him coming...

Just because I have a bet with Z doesn't mean I'm not high on Lang. I'm just not willing to accept that it would be a good gamble to have him ojt at LT. I will call that a terrible gamble, and in the further context of Lang as an excellent gamble at RT, imo---We have a legitimate shot at improving our line considerably if we can just find a really good option for LT.

Pack93z told me Jamon Meredith was the shit when we drafted him. (While I was screaming Duke Robinson) :pottytrain2:

It might take multiple shots at it, dependent upon the route Ted takes.

"Misses" at LT can be real assets on the rest of that line, don't discount that factor.

A small part of me wonders if the rest of the NFCN might start jumping at other available o linemen opportunities from our team like hyenas on a carcass. Addition by subtraction, if you will. Not saying that would be a primary motive, but if it were "close", I'd factor it, if I were them.

Make your QB comfy, make the other QB not comfy. Seems like there is a lot of match-up trouble heading our way.

Free agency day is hand-wringing day in Green Bay.
zombieslayer
14 years ago

Make your QB comfy, make the other QB not comfy.

"dfosterf" wrote:

My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Pack93z
14 years ago

Pack93z told me Jamon Meredith was the shit when we drafted him. (While I was screaming Duke Robinson) :pottytrain2:

"dfosterf" wrote:

Hmmm... I thought it was value where we picked him... yes... I will stand by my assessment that he will play this game and do well.. yes.. can't help it Ted gambled on him over Breno.. ;)

Second round grade tackle falls to us... didn't watch much South Carolina ball, so I spent about an hour and a half reading and watching clips of this kid..

For value.. I rate this maybe as our best value pick of the draft.. Compared him to Robinson for a little bit last night.. this was the better pick IMO after watching limited clips of Duke..

Meredith can play this game.. between him and Lang we got ourselves 2 players.. Lang has excellent feet and technique.

Maybe the days of me pissed off at our line is coming to an end.. lol..

Colledge.. watch Lang play please. ;)

"pack93z" wrote:

And again for the record.. I don't think Lang is the optimum choice at left tackle.. just I don't think we have to be held hostage to overpaying Clifton or reaching @ 23 ... I think if we have to.. we can win with Lang at LT.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago

...and another +1 for the context in which it was used :tongue3:

I think a lot of us share the exact same concerns.

My position is that there is no way we can stand pat with what we have.

No way.

I guess the closest we come to the opposite of that view is Pack93z's argument that we will be good with Lang at LT.

I see options in the middle, Lang as a RT try--and a good try, especially in the context that even when he gets beat Aaron can see him coming...

Just because I have a bet with Z doesn't mean I'm not high on Lang. I'm just not willing to accept that it would be a good gamble to have him ojt at LT. I will call that a terrible gamble, and in the further context of Lang as an excellent gamble at RT, imo---We have a legitimate shot at improving our line considerably if we can just find a really good option for LT.

It might take multiple shots at it, dependent upon the route Ted takes.

"Misses" at LT can be real assets on the rest of that line, don't discount that factor.

A small part of me wonders if the rest of the NFCN might start jumping at other available o linemen opportunities from our team like hyenas on a carcass. Addition by subtraction, if you will. Not saying that would be a primary motive, but if it were "close", I'd factor it, if I were them.

Make your QB comfy, make the other QB not comfy. Seems like there is a lot of match-up trouble heading our way.

Free agency day is hand-wringing day in Green Bay.

"dfosterf" wrote:

+1 for saying that all far more clearly than I could.

I don't hate the idea of Lang @ LT - even as not-ideal as he might seem, if he got a full offseason @ the spot, I see him as an upgrade to Cliffy. But then you've got Tausch and... who on the other side? And who's backing Lang up? Are we going to get all this help from the draft? Rely on - gulp - Breno and Barbre? Damn.

I do hope Ted's seriously looking into some sort of... something in FA concerning the O line. Yeah, I know - he never does it, it'll never happen. Maybe so, and if that plays out I guess I grab a torch and a pitchfork and go hang with fosterf and Wade. But he got Matthews by doing something he "never does" last year, so I'm going to allow myself a little hope. Without that, well, it's just too early to start drinking.
blank
RajiRoar
14 years ago

I'm more than a little concerned that they'll allow Clifton to go to Washington as guys like Peppers and Vanden Bosch (certainly spelled wrong) are coming into the division, though - that isn't a good thing, no matter how you look at it.

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

mhmm... trading up to get a surefire LT is looking like a must. the D-lines in the NFCN are getting good, and it's common knowlege that we have a shaky O-line.

need to improve

as i said in my OP, i dont think we need to be big FA spenders, but we MUST have a good draft.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (2h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (2h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.