beast
14 years ago
I think the Packers are fine... just need OTs and DBs (mainly S) ...

and they could fix that in the draft...

I don't really care about picking up all the big names... but I would like to pick up a solid Safety that could push and maybe beat out Bigby...

And I would like to bring in a vet OT...

If Clifton won't sign then sign Tausher...
UserPostedImage
14 years ago

We're not left behind. We are choosing to NOT pay Grade A money to Grade C talent.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

There will be plenty of free agents available in 3 weeks. Bringing in expensive free agents justs gets your own locker room angry (Joe Johnson).

Doing so is an act of desperation such as when GM Ted Thompson had to find a replacement for Ahmad Carrol ASAP and signed the often injured Charles Woodson; which worked out well. That deal did not come early in free agency BTW.
blank
AKampfan78
14 years ago
What I find very tough is to watch the other teams in our division make moves. I know some of them will not pan out, but it gets very tough to watch other people "hustle" when the PACK ATTACK seems to be sitting on the sideline!
In Heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here!
Hawkeye fan 4-Life!
Packers 3-1 in games I have attended (12/28/08 Lions, 9/27/09 Rams, 11/20/11 Buccaneers & 12/19/11 Chiefs)
Pack93z
14 years ago
Yes it is hard watching the offseason headline war being won by those around us.. but then when it comes to the regular season.. it seems to swing back around for us....

But I agree.. it is a little bit envious to watch others cheer in March...
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I like watching the Packers play rope-a-dope, frankly. Let the other teams shoot their wad in free agency, while the Packers slowly and methodically acquire and develop lesser-known talent. I don't want a flashy team, just a solid one.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago

We're not left behind. We are choosing to NOT pay Grade A money to Grade C talent.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Porforis
14 years ago

the Bears are gonna be big spenders and bring in a bunch of outside talent, and dispite what we may think, they will be better next year.

same thing has happened in Minny (Hutchenson, Berrian, Farve) and there is no denying that they are the better team.

and with our 2010 opponents/SoS (NFC East, AFC East) we need to upgrade and not pray that we improve from within.

the problem is, that unless we have another jackpot draft (09) i dont think we can continue to stay competitive. that is the problem with our way of doing things.

"RajiRoar" wrote:

Because we clearly got worse last year as compared to 2008 with Ted's usual tactics.

The fact of the matter is, the only piece Minnie was missing was a reliable quarterback (which they somehow got from Favre). If you're truly a team that's one piece from a very good shot at a SB run, THEN you throw money around for a top or second-tier free-agent. If you need improvement from a lot more than one area (like we do, or the Bears do), then you're just pissing your money away.

The Bears have problems on defense, they have QB problems, and they're the Bears.

We have serious problems with our O-Line and could use TWO linemen, our D-Line and overall pass rush needs improvement, our punting situation is still abysmal, and we could really use another CB and a punt/kick returner.

Is your money better spent in a situation like ours on a few aging pieces to a puzzle that's missing a lot of pieces (for a lot more money, and giving up draft picks), or on the draft which we've always done above average in? How many of our superstars were obtained through free agency? How many of our superstars were obtained through the draft?

Patience, people. There's a reason why Ted's the GM of the Packers and you're not. He drives me crazy from time to time, but more often than not he knows what he's doing.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Patience, people. There's a reason why Ted's the GM of the Packers and you're not.

"Porforis" wrote:

As we are not, neither are you Mr BigShot.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago
I could run an organization better than Al Davis. So can you.

I don't like that whole argument "that's the reason he's in there and you're not." Heck, I'm better than my Congress rep (not saying much).

Sometimes, the best qualified person for the job is someone that is not in that job.

As for TT, he could run the Packers better than I could. That doesn't mean he's not ****** up when it comes to the OL. It doesn't take a genius to know that. (But of course Campen is probably more to blame than Ted Thompson for our pathetic OL).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Porforis
14 years ago

Patience, people. There's a reason why Ted's the GM of the Packers and you're not.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

As we are not, neither are you Mr BigShot.

"Porforis" wrote:

I never claimed that I was capable of being the GM of a professional football team. No need to get offended. And if you're not offended, I'm quite confused as to how you came to the conclusion that I was putting any of us down or putting myself on a pedestal. This was all about Ted.

I could run an organization better than Al Davis. So can you.

I don't like that whole argument "that's the reason he's in there and you're not." Heck, I'm better than my Congress rep (not saying much).

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Of course you represent your views and ideas better than your representative does. However, there's more to being a congressman than simply having someone tell you what's in a bill and decide whether you want to vote for it or not. Not to say that there's a bunch of people out there that could hypothetically do the job better, but I roll my eyes everytime someone says "Oh, I could do THAT!".

Sometimes, the best qualified person for the job is someone that is not in that job.

As for Ted Thompson, he could run the Packers better than I could. That doesn't mean he's not ****** up when it comes to the OL. It doesn't take a genius to know that. (But of course Campen is probably more to blame than Ted Thompson for our pathetic OL).

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Of course he's made mistakes. However, I get sick of people bitching and complaining (not to imply that you are) about individual things that he's doing wrong without looking at the whole of his work. You simply can't have an organization where a GM makes what someone else perceives at the time to be a mistake, and have a whole slew of people that can overrule him. People make mistakes, but ultimately he makes less mistakes than most GMs and has brought in a crapton of young talent.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.