zombieslayer
13 years ago

My concern remains the pass rush, but the Packers have made their own bed now. I wouldn't go outside the organization at this point and make a deal. Nobody is going to give up a quality pass rusher at this point in the season. I know Adalius Thomas is out there and I'd give him a look, but he'd have to be impressive in a workout for me to consider it.

I'll add this though. I want to see Brandon Jackson play against Buffalo and Chicago. If he can't run on the Bears and Bills, then we have a problem. My solution would be Marshawn Lynch. Even if it's just a one year rental ala Andre Rison.

"porky88" wrote:

Funny you bring up Rison. I keep thinking how 2010 reminds me of 1996. We lose a key offensive player. We got the elite QB, except Favre was in the middle of the best 3 consecutive years ever played by a QB. Would be awesome if we're starting to see the 3 best consecutive years ever played by a QB with Aaron. :)

We were 11-5 last year. We were 11-5 in 1995. We had the average OL in '96 and we have an average one now. We got the world class defender in Charles Woodson and a pretty good Safety in Nick Collins. In '96, we had possibly the best ever DE in White and LeRoy Butler as our Safety. We had a monster run D in '96 and we got one now. In '96, our sack artist was Reggie White and today it's Clay Matthews 3. So many similarities. I'm thinking we might pick up a one-year rental a la Rison if Jackson struggles.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Greg C.
13 years ago
I like every single one of our starters, with the possible exception of Darren Colledge, and I think that he will do okay this year now that he has someone to push him. He played well against the Eagles.

So I have to go with RB, hands-down, as the position where we most need a player. It's this simple: If Brandon Jackson gets hurt on Sunday, who is our #1 running back? I don't even know the name of that new guy from Atlanta yet. Or the guy on the practice squad. RB is an important position to just be throwing somebody in there (maybe even more for blitz pickup reasons than for rushing), so if I had my way, I would throw somebody good in there. Hopefully Brandon Jackson will stay healthy, the new guys will learn the ropes, and this will become less of a concern as the season continues. But right now it's looking a little precarious.
blank
beast
13 years ago
The Packers have depth questions at CB, S, OLB, DL and starting questions about the starters at RB and OT after last week. But one position I'm kind of worried about that hasn't been focused on is ILBers. The Packers have four ILBers that aren't horrible but they're not great ether... and none of the are complete players.

Barnett is probably the closest to a complete player but there are times on the field where he seems to try to avoid all contract other than tackles. But like Ray Lewis has shown year in and year out sometimes you have to throw your body into a blocker to blow up a play or give someone else a shot at making the play. Also in the playoff game against the Cardinals, WRs would catch the ball in front of Barnett and run east and west. Barnett didn't run a good angle at the WR. He ran east and west as well trying to contain the WRs... not trying to attack them. Maybe he didn't think he could catch them or maybe that's what the system called for but i didn't like it.

Hawk takes too long to notice and attack running plays and then has troubles getting blockers off of him (like all the ILBers do)

Chillar just has uge troubles with against the run and taking on blocks.

Bishop is a big play maker... but also blows a ton of assignments.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
13 years ago

Bishop is a nig play maker... but also blows a ton of assignments.

"beast" wrote:

RACIST!!!!

:wickedfart: :wickedfart: :wickedfart: :wickedfart:
Greg C.
13 years ago

"doddpower" wrote:

RACIST!!!!

"beast" wrote:

Yeah, I did a double take the first time I read that one.
blank
beast
13 years ago

"Greg C." wrote:

RACIST!!!!

"doddpower" wrote:

"beast" wrote:

:shock: :xcensoredx: :sad:

Yeah that totally was a typo error... I meant "big"...

Sorry if the typo offended anyone.

Bishop has been a big play maker when when he gets one the field. But he makes a lot of mistakes as well. (clearly he's not the only one :sad: sorry again for the typo)
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
With Bishop out with a hamstring, if he is still out, we are down to 3 healthy inside LBs. If we even think about trading one of them, that would put us down to zero backups. Trade Hawk and we are sunk if Chillar or Barnette have to be out for any reason. Contact coming lose, gassed, injured, shook up. Anything at all.

The one player I think we need the most is an experienced and dependable strong safety. If Bigby comes back after PUP, we are OK. I can't think of one that would be available on the open market that I would chase. I would pretty much sit tight and count on Burnette to step up and become a dependable safety by the time the easy part of our schedule is done. With Bigby back, we would be back to having depth.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Beast - No worries. b is right next to n. If anyone gets offended by a typo, they're too thin-skinned for this website as we say a lot of nasty things.

Wade - Funny when you mentioned that everyone knows where you stand, I think a lot of us have gotten to the point that people know what we'll say before we say it.

Dexter - I really don't want to trade a ILB either. Would much rather pick up someone from the street for a RB and drop one of our FBs or TEs.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Rockmolder
13 years ago
OLB. Still. Jones is okay. Maybe I'd keep him as a starter, maybe I'd make him a rotational player. Zombo has potential, but is young and raw.

But who do you sign to play that veteran, steady presence at the other side at OLB? I wanted LaBoy, but the 49ers signed him, already. Joey Porter got overpaid.

Adalius Thomas is still out there, but I don't know if he has anything left in the tank. Burgess isn't an OLB, imo. Getting someone like Darren Howard doesn't help, since it's just as much of a question mark, with him playing DE his whole career.

RB depth won't be a problem. Untill Brandon Jackson goes down. Then we'll be praying that the son of Huggy Bear is still out there. Maybe take a chance on the Lions' and the Bears' trash in Kevin Jones.
doddpower
13 years ago

"beast" wrote:

RACIST!!!!

"Greg C." wrote:

"doddpower" wrote:

:shock: :xcensoredx: :sad:

Yeah that totally was a typo error... I meant "big"...

Sorry if the typo offended anyone.

Bishop has been a big play maker when when he gets one the field. But he makes a lot of mistakes as well. (clearly he's not the only one :sad: sorry again for the typo)

"beast" wrote:

I certainly wasn't offended. I just thought it was a funny (and obvious) typo.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (2h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.