wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
I'm back.
I took last week off as my wife and I were on a 7 day Mediterranean cruise. We had a chance to buy in on a company sponsored trip and we did.
Since I knew I had the cruise coming up I really dieted hard the 2 weeks prior to get down to the 200 level.
Was on the scale this morning but I will post again next week. (I gained a lot of weight in the past 10 days. Nearly half a stone.) But then 4 meals a day will do that to you. It was worth it. I loved tea time. The Brits have a good thing going there.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
report in morning.
back to 205.6. Heading in the right direction once again.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
Creeping slowly.. 316 but tone is up.. need to stop lifting as much.. cut weight then add it back if I want a dramatic drop.. oh well.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
13 years ago

I'm back.
I took last week off as my wife and I were on a 7 day Mediterranean cruise. We had a chance to buy in on a company sponsored trip and we did.
Since I knew I had the cruise coming up I really dieted hard the 2 weeks prior to get down to the 200 level.
Was on the scale this morning but I will post again next week. (I gained a lot of weight in the past 10 days. Nearly half a stone.) But then 4 meals a day will do that to you. It was worth it. I loved tea time. The Brits have a good thing going there.

"wpr" wrote:

Earl Gray? I like Earl Gray.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
djcubez
13 years ago
Congrats to all you guys for keeping up with it. It's tough work and I'm amazed at how successful you've all been.

I had talked about it for a while but just recently started working out again. I was at my friends house about a month ago and decided to weigh myself for fun (I don't own a scale) and I came out a solid 287. I'm 6'4 so I'm not seriously obese but I'm up there. I kind of treated the summer with school being out as an opportunity to take this part of my life seriously. I also decided to not buy a scale or weigh myself--the differences I've noticed in tone, lung capacity and overall energy are already enough as an incentive. Plus I don't believe in weight as a good measurement of overall fitness.

I started two weeks ago when, on a Thursday night at a bar I got into a conversation with my friend about working out. The university gym here offers a $30 summer membership which is a steal so I picked one up the next day and have been going consistently. I find it a lot easier to do when you're doing it with a friend. Not only does it seem quicker but I'm a lot more comfortable with myself and my body in a public setting, something that has never come easy to me.

My plan involves pushing myself with cardio 3 times a week and weight lifting 3 times a week. Like I said it's only been two weeks now and I'm already feeling a lot better.

The other thing I had to do was curb my drinking. I used to binge drink all 3 nights of the weekend (Thursday/Friday/Saturday) and have done that for most my college career. It's not something I'm proud of and looking back I deeply regret the waste of time its been. I recently decided "no more" and have been consistent in not drinking. This has also been a big leap for me considering the people I live with. And no I don't consider myself an alcoholic or that I have "problems." I know I'm in control which is why I'm able to make these decisions and stick with them.

All-in-all I feel like I'm finally on the right track and I look forward to keeping in shape with all you other guys on here. May my successes be yours and vice-versa.
Formo
13 years ago
So, I weighed myself for the first time since I was sick (about 3-4 weeks ago), and I lost about 15 pounds since then. I was shocked. So much so that I thought the scale was broken. I've now lost 20 pounds since this winter.

The only thing that has changed since I was sick was my food intake. I've been eating a LOT smaller portions, and I break up my meals. I'll eat half or less what I would normally eat.. Wait about 3 or so hours and eat the other half. So the amount of food going into my system is the same most days, but taken in smaller more frequent portions.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
glad you are down sorry to hear you were sick.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago

So, I weighed myself for the first time since I was sick (about 3-4 weeks ago), and I lost about 15 pounds since then. I was shocked. So much so that I thought the scale was broken. I've now lost 20 pounds since this winter.

The only thing that has changed since I was sick was my food intake. I've been eating a LOT smaller portions, and I break up my meals. I'll eat half or less what I would normally eat.. Wait about 3 or so hours and eat the other half. So the amount of food going into my system is the same most days, but taken in smaller more frequent portions.

"Formo" wrote:

Formo - Glad you can lose weight but sucks you had to be sick to learn the right way to do it.

Gaining and losing weight is all math. If you want to gain weight, simply eat more calories than you burn off. If you want to lose weight, do the opposite.

There of course are metabolism tricks too. NEVER skip breakfast. You need to be a nazi about this. If you skip breakfast, you will slow down your metabolism. The small meal concept works. You get less hungry and you're less likely to eat garbage (like a bag of potato chips, a pint of ice cream, etc.).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
Formo
13 years ago
WPR and Zombie.. I'm actually thankful for being sick. It wasn't anything too bad, I think. I just had a nice bout with diarrhea for 4 days. The first 2 I didn't eat anything.. Just sipped on Gatorade, water, and ginger ale. It was like a completely natural de-tox. By the time I got better, my stomach had shrunk.

See, I've always looked at food like it's a challenge. When ordering a meal at a restaurant I'd always get an appetizer or order a side item or two with my meal.

Shoot, just last weekend the Mrs. and I went to the best cafe in down, Keys. I ordered an omelette with a side of hash browns. First off, I forgot how HUGE their portions were. But when it came to eating the meal.. I ended up eating only half of the hash browns and less than half of the omelette. That was my dinner that night.

And about breakfasts.. I knew that too. I just never put it to practice. Now I either have a bowl of cereal (preferably Wheaties.. my favorite) or a toasted bagel. Could I have a more healthy breakfast? Probably.. But at least I'm kick-starting my metabolism.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
zombieslayer
13 years ago

WPR and Zombie.. I'm actually thankful for being sick. It wasn't anything too bad, I think. I just had a nice bout with diarrhea for 4 days. The first 2 I didn't eat anything.. Just sipped on Gatorade, water, and ginger ale. It was like a completely natural de-tox. By the time I got better, my stomach had shrunk.

See, I've always looked at food like it's a challenge. When ordering a meal at a restaurant I'd always get an appetizer or order a side item or two with my meal.

Shoot, just last weekend the Mrs. and I went to the best cafe in down, Keys. I ordered an omelette with a side of hash browns. First off, I forgot how HUGE their portions were. But when it came to eating the meal.. I ended up eating only half of the hash browns and less than half of the omelette. That was my dinner that night.

And about breakfasts.. I knew that too. I just never put it to practice. Now I either have a bowl of cereal (preferably Wheaties.. my favorite) or a toasted bagel. Could I have a more healthy breakfast? Probably.. But at least I'm kick-starting my metabolism.

"Formo" wrote:

You can eat garbage for breakfast. Your body will just thank you for filling it. Breakfast calories will be expended by the end of the day.

Big breakfasts, small dinners for those who want to lose weight. Unless of course you do push ups, sit ups, and sprints in your sleep, you're not going to burn off a large dinner.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (12h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (16h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (16h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: โ€œGot in a fight with the bench press. I lost.โ€
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.