Trippster
14 years ago
Thought I would share this with everyone. Yesterday, I sent this out in email to alot of my friends. As the one who has been helping me with the plan said, "You are not committed until you verbalize."

That said, here is my email. Not really looking for $$ unless you really feel the need AND can afford it. But if you want to give me grief then yes, you must give me pledge!

Well, some of you have been waiting for this official announcement so here it is.

I am no longer going to be fat. This is it. I am done. I refuse to spend the next fifty years as I have the last 30. So I have set some pretty lofty goals. My hope is that you will not have faith in me and put your money where your disbelief is!

My registration is complete and my entry fee is paid.

http://www.milwaukeelakefrontmarathon.org 

Go ahead and read that again. Let it digest. Its ok, Ill wait. Now, once you have picked yourself off the floor, let me fill you in on the details and how you can help. I need your support.

Hold me accountable. Ask me how I am progressing. Tell me I wont do it. (I love to prove doubters wrong) I will try and update my Facebook and twitter accounts. My plan is to lose enough weight through the training that I will be in the low 200s or high 190s by race day.

By all means, if you would like, you are encouraged to join me at the finish line for celebratory cocktails. It would mean a lot to me if you were there. The race starts in Grafton, WI and finished along the lake in Milwaukee, thus called the Lakefront Marathon. The race begins at 8:30am and the leaders should finish around 10:30 11:00am. Go ahead and wait for me to follow them.by some 3-4 hours.

Now for the good part, those of you who have seen me in the last 10 years know I weigh 300lbs and hate, hate, HATE to run. I am confident that most of you dont believe it will happen. So, I want you to back your belief with some cold hard cash!

I am asking for a pledge of at least $2 per mile for the event. The proceeds will be donated to the Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer Foundation. I have photographed their events in the past and they are an amazing organization. By all means, feel free to pledge more. Consider the more you give me grief, the higher the pledge should be. And believe me, I am all for higher pledges, so I encourage the grief! I am looking for a way to pledge online but for now, just let me know if you are in and how much per mile. If I dont finish, you dont pay.

So, I am off and running (Oh, how I hate it!)

Are you with me?

Tripp

"Let Your Light Shine!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago
That's great news Trip. I won't be there on race day but I wish you will. In addition to pledging $, I will support you in your training.
I am a part of a weight loss thread on another site. I post my weight every Monday morning. I will do likewise here too. I started back in Oct -Nov. After a few good weeks early I started to gain over the holidays. Let's see several Thanksgiving meals, 4 birthdays in 3 months all with a couple of dinners and dessert each, endless Christmases, I don't know why I gained a few pounds in Nov-Dec.

As of the 2nd week of January I was 227 (51 yrs old and 5-9). On Monday I was 217.4. This morning I was 216.6. Last year at my max I was 235.

My ultimate goal is to get back below 200 but I do not have a time frame for it. I am happy with a pound a week. My next goal is 215. That is what I weighed 3 1/2 years ago when I needed to get my weight down for a life insurance physical. (Lower weight = better rate.)

I tried to run a few years back but I can't. I have had a bad back since I was in a car accident on my 18th birthday. Four years ago, while training for a 5 K race, I popped a rib out of place. It took 3 trips to the Chiropractor before he could get it pushed back in. Now even brisk walks give me pain.

While I still take walks I am somewhat limited in what I can do to exercise. Most of my weight loss has to come from eating more sensibly. (Sigh.)
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago
Do it man!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
longtimefan
14 years ago
I triple dog dare you to do it
zombieslayer
14 years ago
Sent you a PM.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
Put me down for $2/mile. Don't forget to PM me to remind me to send the check -- I"m notorious at forgetting things.

Go, Tripp, go.

And great job, wpr.

(As those monitoring the foster/wade bet know, I'm not doing quite as well, but I am chipping away.)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
4PackGirl
14 years ago
thinks trippy wants some tail...just sayin!! ;)

run trippy run!!! proud of ya.
zombieslayer
14 years ago
4Pack - Tripp is a man. That's like saying that these days, the water is wet. 😉
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
4PackGirl
14 years ago

4Pack - Tripp is a man. That's like saying that these days, the water is wet. ;)

"zombieslayer" wrote:

LMAO!!! true...true!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago
weigh in time.
216.2 today. I had hoped for a little more loss but I am heading in the right direction at least.
Boy do I want a pizza. Saw an empty box in the trash while I was out for my walk and that sounds so good. I can't remember but I think it has been more than a month since I had a real pizza. (Not one of those microwave, low cal fake ones.)
My wife wants Chinese for dinner tonight so maybe I will get a pizza next week. (Monday nites is my "freebe" nite.)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (10h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (12h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (16h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (16h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.