Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Source Link 

Recently, I had the pleasure of interviewing Brittany Favre, the daughter of famous NFL Quarterback Brett Favre. Brittany, a junior at the College of Charleston, took the time out of her busy schedule to talk to us an answer a few questions. She reflected on her Dad and his journey through the NFL along with his comeback.

How was your childhood growing up with your dad in the NFL? Was it hard or for the most part easy? My parents started dating in 7th grade, but didnt actually get married until i was 7 or so. But since then, its been lots of fun but hectic at times. Lots of ups and downs but I wouldnt trade it for anything.

When your father signed with the Jets what were some of the issues you and your family had to deal with? There was a lot of dishonesty circulating in the media. People were asking us about these untruths they had heard and we were so blown away but how twisted everything ended up being. It got to the point where we stopped talking about it because it felt like no one was listening. But now things have worked out in our favor, and the way I see it, you cant go wrong if youre honest at all times. Dad had expressed some of his concerns years before the media broke the story, it just happened to look a lot different to the audience. Thank goodness people are finally starting to see the truth behind a lot of the drama.

Your family has been subjected to the media a lot but do you ever get harassed by the media? I have before, but Ive tried to separate my life from that life. Once, I was on my way home from a high school volleyball game and a reporter was waiting in the parking lot for our bus to drive up. Other than that, they mostly go for my parents and dads agent.

Did you play a role in your father coming back to the NFL? Well I would say that I played a role in his return. I wanted him to play. Hes still great, whats the point in wasting all that talent? Not to mention, football is a game. Although some have turned it into a business, theres still a few special people in the league that realize its a game and my dad is one of those. He deserves to be there.

What has been the greatest experience of your life so far? Most people would say the Super Bowl, but I was too young to be at all interested. I would say the greatest moments are now. My dad went through so much drama in the past and now hes 6-0 having the time of his life. Hes having fun again and thats what its all about. People that really know him, know that revenge is not a factor. If anything, his young spirit just loves the fact that he just made that rivalry more interesting.

Did you ever play sports during your time in high school? Growing up I played soccer and softball, and in high school I played volleyball and basketball. So yeah, everything at my house revolves around competition.

When people at school find out that your dad is Brett Favre, how do they react? Im in my 3rd year of college so most people know by now. Whether theyve met me or not, they know Im around campus. Its either a super positive or super negative reaction. Ive had people say the meanest, nastiest things because of my dad. Its sad really, they dont see him as a person, they see him as a guy they love to hate. So when they say they hate HIM, I know they mean they hate his success against their favorite team. But Ive also had people nearly in tears because they love him so much so it varies a lot.

Do you have a hero? If so, why is it this person? I dont really think I have a hero. Everyone is supposed to, I guess, but I would rather focus on blazing my own path than following the path of someone else. Not to say Im jaded, but I dont want to mimic someone else. However, I do admire tons of people. Too many to name actually, but I always admire those people that have been through hell and back and dont feel the need to talk about it. Its those people that are looking for sympathy that get on my nerves.

Although its very far away. What are your plans after you graduate from college? Its not too far actually. I will probably stick with journalism. I interned with a Time Warner magazine in New York this summer and I loved the experience. I could see myself somewhere in there, possibly writing. The worst part about it is I will probably stay close to home. I never understood those people that stay home and now I cant imagine being far away. I love the south, I couldnt leave.

You and your family have gone through some very rough times such as your grandfathers death, your mothers breast cancer and your uncles fatal accident. How did you and your family overcome it? When your family goes from dirt poor living in south Mississippi to the top of the world, pretty much overnight, you learn how to stick together and you remember whats important. Weve never forgotten the importance of family. Yeah, we have regrets about not spending enough time with the people we lost, but it is never a secret between any people in our family how much we love each other. You have to roll with the punches. Feeling sorry for yourself just makes it worse and I know I dont have time for a pity party.

What made you decide to go to the College of Charleston? If youve ever been to Charleston, its pretty obvious. Its beautiful and the school is just small enough that I wasnt overwhelmed. Its easy to fit in here, Im glad I chose Charleston.

You were obviously a lot younger when your father played the famous game against the Oakland Raiders just one day after your grandfather died, and played one of the best and most emotional games of his career. What do you remember from that game? What did he say to you? I think I was in 9th grade. It was tough, but I didnt actually go to the game. I stayed with the family of the back-up quarterback at the time while my mom went. I actually got the phone call from the hospital so it was really scary being home alone and waiting on someone to tell me what was going on. Dad knew he had to play. Poppy was really tough on my dad and I dont think dad ever felt like he should sit this one out. Thats not how he was raised. Dad wanted to do what would make him proud and Poppy wouldve wanted him to get up and play. It was an emotional time, and divine intervention if Ive ever seen it.

How did you feel seeing your fathers press conference when he retired from the Green Bay Packers. Did you think it was going to be that hard for him to do? I knew it was going to be hard because what a lot of people didnt realize at the time was that there was a lot of pressure for him to do so. People deny it, but drafting a quarterback isnt exactly welcoming for a veteran. He was being worked out of the picture and he knew that. That year he brought the packers to the NFC championship game that came down to the wire. It was emotional for him because he knew he wasnt ready to retire. He was right about the fact that he didnt have much to give, because he was tired of feeling like the organization was waiting to pull the plug. It was a tough time, even before he retired. Im so happy he came out of that situation without ever losing his character.

Brett Favre seems like a very funny man and a big jokester. What was one of the funniest experience you and him had together? Dad loves to embarrass me. A really embarrassing story that will also tell you a lot about who Brett Favre really is, is the story of his old truck. He used to drive me to school in middle school in his chevy pick up truck. There are several speed bumps in the carpool line that are fairly easy to handle in a car of any size. However, my fathers muffler had fallen off the day before. This man, who has been to 2 Super Bowls, numerous pro bowls, MVP 3 times, etc, decides that instead of getting it fixed and paying the extra money, he should chain it to his bumper. So those speed bumps caused tons of sparks every time it would hit the chained muffler and every one stared. It was extremely humiliating, because by the time we got to the front of the line, everyone was trying to figure out why my dads truck was making loud clanking noises and sparking every few feet. I dont know many pro athletes that would drive around in a banged up Chevy that he rigged himself.

If there was one thing that you could change from your life so far what would it be and why? Probably that I distanced myself from my parents during those awkward teen years. I know everyone does it at some point, but my parents are the coolest, it was so unnecessary.

What was your favorite and least favorite parts of being the daughter of an NFL QB? What will you miss the most? Favorite part would be the free stuff from endorsements and deals and whatnot. Least favorite would be the constant judgment of my dad when he is just trying to play the game. He really doesnt care about the glam. He spends his entire offseason in a cut-off shirt working on our land, and he gets called a diva. Its sad how misled people can be.

Your father decided to come back out of retirement again to play for the Minnesota Vikings. Were you shocked when he told you he would come out and play again? What were your thoughts on that? I was so excited. He deserves to play. It shouldnt be left up to a few guys trying to get rid of him. When he wants to quit, hell tell us. The best part is, the entire truth will come out one day and all of those people that called him a traitor will realize exactly what he went through. The truth always comes out and my dad is finally respected for all of the hard work he has put in. Sadly, the 16+ years of hard work (he dedicated his entire life, since he was my age) he put into one organization was forgotten about under new management. He can still play and Im so proud of him. He doesnt have to prove himself to anyone.

Currently, Brett Favre is having one of the best seasons is his career with the Vikings. Brittany must really enjoy what her father is doing along with the rest of the family. We want to thank Brittany Favre for the interview and wish her the best of luck in the future!

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
This I believe to be the golden truth about Brett.. on the field he has never forgotten it is a "game".

Did you play a role in your father coming back to the NFL? Well I would say that I played a role in his return. I wanted him to play. Hes still great, whats the point in wasting all that talent? Not to mention, football is a game. Although some have turned it into a business, theres still a few special people in the league that realize its a game and my dad is one of those. He deserves to be there.

I have grown numb to the speaking of the "truth"... it is subjective and prospectively biased.. the truth.. ha.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Just some additional info.

This girl has recently closed her twitter account and made a new, anonymous one. People attacked her because of Brett's decisions. They did all kinds of childish crap. Really poor showing by a part of Packer nation.

Greg A. Bedard 

What is wrong with people? Leave family out of it. RT @brittany_favre: I'm deleting this twitter to make a private new one.

I know, she's somewhat of a celebrity, but not by choice. She shouldn't have to endure this crap every single time she tries to log on to any kind of social network.

Anyway, nice interview.

Dad loves to embarrass me. A really embarrassing story that will also tell you a lot about who Brett Favre really is, is the story of his old truck. He used to drive me to school in middle school in his chevy pick up truck. There are several speed bumps in the carpool line that are fairly easy to handle in a car of any size. However, my fathers muffler had fallen off the day before. This man, who has been to 2 Super Bowls, numerous pro bowls, MVP 3 times, etc, decides that instead of getting it fixed and paying the extra money, he should chain it to his bumper. So those speed bumps caused tons of sparks every time it would hit the chained muffler and every one stared. It was extremely humiliating, because by the time we got to the front of the line, everyone was trying to figure out why my dads truck was making loud clanking noises and sparking every few feet. I dont know many pro athletes that would drive around in a banged up Chevy that he rigged himself.

Pretty funny stuff. He sounds like a great dad.
wils0646
14 years ago

How did you feel seeing your fathers press conference when he retired from the Green Bay Packers. Did you think it was going to be that hard for him to do? I knew it was going to be hard because what a lot of people didnt realize at the time was that there was a lot of pressure for him to do so. People deny it, but drafting a quarterback isnt exactly welcoming for a veteran.

I understand why she took this side of the issue, but who can fault the Packers at all here? Favre had been contemplating retirement since 2003. It was purely a business decision because of Favre's indecisiveness.

Family defends family, but rational people had to see it was the right decision.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Pack93z
14 years ago

Just some additional info.

This girl has recently closed her twitter account and made a new, anonymous one. People attacked her because of Brett's decisions. They did all kinds of childish crap. Really poor showing by a part of Packer nation.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Agreed 105.299%.. (4packgirl special 😉 )

Every fan base has those that can't control their emotions and attack, she is a bystander in the affair.. why go after her at all. Incorrect and improper avenues to take.. childish doesn't justify the ridiculous nature of it all.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
IronMan
14 years ago
Yeah I read some of the stuff that people tweeted to her. A lot of douche bags out there. She has every right to defend her dad. And she has every right to NOT be objective about it. Its her dad!
Pack93z
14 years ago

And she has every right to NOT be objective about it. Its her dad!

"IronMan" wrote:

Agreed.. but some will read into it that their truth is the unbiased truth.. nothing more.
TheEngineer
14 years ago
She actually sounds like she's got quite a strong character and even though I disagree with her "facts", she seems the type not to back down and subserve. I like that.
blank
14 years ago

How did you feel seeing your fathers press conference when he retired from the Green Bay Packers. Did you think it was going to be that hard for him to do? I knew it was going to be hard because what a lot of people didnt realize at the time was that there was a lot of pressure for him to do so. People deny it, but drafting a quarterback isnt exactly welcoming for a veteran.

"wils0646" wrote:

I understand why she took this side of the issue, but who can fault the Packers at all here? Favre had been contemplating retirement since 2003. It was purely a business decision because of Favre's indecisiveness.

Family defends family, but rational people had to see it was the right decision.

I think it's a) silly that they think drafting a QB is the equivalent of pushing him out the door, and b) annoying that they believe he shouldn't have to prove himself against drafted players when everyone else in the league has to.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

"wils0646" wrote:

I think it's a) silly that they think drafting a QB is the equivalent of pushing him out the door, and b) annoying that they believe he shouldn't have to prove himself against drafted players when everyone else in the league has to.

+1 Mass.
What were the Packers supposed to do? Wait until he quit, and THEN try to find a replacement?
Thats just lame. Talk about "biased".
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (8h) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (12h) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (15h) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.