wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

Did you have fight to arrange football days with your spouse?

Nope. When we were younger we may have fought but not about sports.
If you are fighting then maybe you need to give her a little more of your time. If she won't let you spend 3 hours watching a game she may be a little selfish and you are having problems other times than just on Sunday afternoons.

Does your spouse watch the game with you?

Usually but not always.

Or are you in your third marriage because Sundays are precious?
nope my 1st. If it was important enough to her I would give up watching the tv. I would give up my season tickets. All she would have to do is say so.

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

You are a nice guy!! Your marriage/wife must mean everything to you, which you dont see to often these days.

"wpr" wrote:

UserPostedImage

It took us a while to hit our stride. Once we got the stress out it was much easier. Kids out of the house. Mortgage paid off. Sent her home from the office. (Just the two of us in an office for years.)

And first and foremost was having the Lord alive in our marriage.

Sure there are hard times but we realize what is more important to us.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

You are a nice guy!!

Ouch.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago

Football has cost me two relationships, though I suspect they were not that important as self-interest appeal (admittedly on both sides) was the order of play.

My obsession for the game is borderline unhealthy, from watching meaningless collegiate games to never missing a down for the Packers - atleast 14 hours of my day are football related (even at work, I have NFL network playing as white noise)

I guess I ask for too much - just understand me!

"Formo" wrote:

Sounds like some awesome days your fall weekends are! =D

"VinceLambeauStarr" wrote:

The perks are pretty cool, such as the absence of the whiney, pleading "fold the clothes" tone! Though too much of something is usually harmful.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
zombieslayer
14 years ago

You are a nice guy!!

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Ouch.

Well, now looking back, it's ok to be called a nice guy as long as there's not a "but" immediately following it. If so, it's over.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
nyrpack
14 years ago
married with a almost 3 yr. old daughter, im fortunate that my wifes father is a huge sports fan ,so my wife is used to sports in the family. it would be extremely tough to get out to the sports bar to watch the pack, thats why im so thankful to zero and the rest of the crew !!

ps my streak goes back to the majikman days with games viewed ,pretty good stat considering i live in new york !!
jimmy b.
nyrpack
14 years ago
married with a almost 3 yr. old daughter, im fortunate that my wifes father is a huge sports fan ,so my wife is used to sports in the family. it would be extremely tough to get out to the sports bar to watch the pack, thats why im so thankful to zero and the rest of the crew !!

ps my streak goes back to the majikman days with games viewed ,pretty good stat considering i live in new york !!
jimmy b.
alharrisdude31
14 years ago
well, im proposing to my girlfriend on the 28 (i still yet to get the ring, i have to get the money), and we live together and have for about 3 years, and she is a HUGE freakin packer fan so she loves to watch them with me, but my punishment if i do something bad is no packer games for 1-5 weeks, depending how bad it is, but i listen to them on my alarm clock πŸ™‚
alharrisdude31
14 years ago

You're engaged to a man? Congratulations! :D

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

this feels like brokeback mountain all of a sudden... :microwave:
longtimefan
14 years ago

I don't understand why someone would let there wife/husband tell them what they can or can't do. It actually boggles my mind. But that seems to be the way it is the majority of the time.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Yes and no. In a relationship you need to have accountability and standards; otherwise you have chaos. But I totally agree, if your relationship has the primary effect of being restrictive and suffocating, it's not healthy. I don't understand those couples in which friction ensues if one or the other even says "hi" to someone else. I couldn't take it.

I can't count how many times I have asked buddies if they want to go out/go to a ball game, etc... only to have them reply with, "let me ask my wife." What? Why?

"IronMan" wrote:

I agree that the majority of the time, this is a symptom of a man who has no authority in his own house. However, if you were to invite me to a game, I would say, "Absolutely! That sounds awesome! Let me call my wife to make sure we don't have any scheduling conflicts." Similarly, when her friends invite her to do something, she checks in with me too. In large measure it's an expression of respect and trust, but mostly it's a matter of practicality. Neither of us has a perfect memory, and sometimes we forget about things. I'm notorious for double booking. When I decided to try out for the cheer and stunt squad, I let her know what was up, but I didn't ask for permission. (Now if she had been completely opposed to the idea, I certainly would have taken her opinion into consideration, though it may or may not have swayed my final decision.)

They call it "compromising" I call it, "bullshit."

"IronMan" wrote:

For so many people, marriage means the end of their social lives. I call bullshit as well.

I'm not married so I don't have to worry about it.

"IronMan" wrote:

A guy told me the other day, "I wish I was married. Then I'd have someone to answer my texts." lol

"IronMan" wrote:

Just because a guy has to ask his wife if he can go doesn't necessarily mean he needs her permission.

In my house since we have kids that do all sorts of activities all the time, wife and I need to communicate plans...And since her and I work very different schedules it is even harder to find things out..

But the guys I know that are married or have g/f never really are getting permission...The just need to figure out if a car is okay to take, or if a conflict is coming up that they need to be home for or things like that

Some might say that is compromising..But its being respectful to the person your suppose to love and care about....

I know if I heard a buddy of mine tell his wife or g/f that I am going to a game tonight, and that she can't say no, I would call him an a@@

I also would say the same to his wife or g/f if she would do the same thing
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

this feels like brokeback mountain all of a sudden... :microwave:

"alharrisdude31" wrote:

After you get engaged, spell "fiancee" with two e's and it will remove all doubt. πŸ˜›
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (16h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (17h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (17h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (20h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (20h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: β€œGot in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright Β© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comβ„’. All Rights Reserved.