IronMan
14 years ago

Actually, I can pretty much do whatever the fuck I want

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

That's how it should work. And vice versa. She should be able to do whatever she wants to also.

I don't understand why someone would let there wife/husband tell them what they can or can't do. It actually boggles my mind. But that seems to be the way it is the majority of the time.

I can't count how many times I have asked buddies if they want to go out/go to a ball game, etc... only to have them reply with, "let me ask my wife." What? Why?

They call it "compromising" I call it, "bullshit."

I'm not married so I don't have to worry about it.
4PackGirl
14 years ago
there's a big difference between asking & letting your spouse know what you're doing. in a marriage, you really are working as a team. a simple phone call to say "hey - i'm gonna this or that" is just a respectful thing to do.

i've seen it a hundred times where my guy buddies say "lemme check with my wife" & it's sometimes truly what they're doing & at other times, their wife is an easy excuse.
flep
14 years ago
It's not too bad for me, as being in the UK the earliest packer games kick off at is 6PM on a Sunday so the rest of the day prior to that is do whatever time.
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
dfosterf
14 years ago
I'm not allowed to say, one way or the other.
Pack93z
14 years ago
A good marriage (IMO) is about solid communication, giving and taking. I have been through a so so marriage that ended in divorce because the communication went south along with other factors.

The second marriage, we talk about what we want / need, and it just works.

So, on given nights the movie is a chick flick or I pick up a couple of the chores around the house..

Give and take, it is a partnership after all.. I have never told her no directly or what to do and that is reciprocated. You get the respect that you give.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Trippster
14 years ago
If your wife won't let you dedicate three hours a week twenty times a year then it is time to discuss the bigger problems as this is just a symptom.

In 2000 I almost got married. My girlfriend was dicsussing with her friend when we should get married. (we were in California). I wasn't part of the conversation. When she told me what they had decided (mid October) I calmly said, well I don't know we will have to wait and see once the Packer schedule comes out as it might be a home game in which case I would be back in Wisconsin.

Yes, an intense "discussion" ensued.

Now, every relationship I have ever entered has included this conversation;

Tripp: I am really easy going and I can enjoy doing pretty much anything with you....even shopping. However, come August to January, I will devote time to watch the packers. Every game. Not some games...not most games...EVERY game. It is non negotiable, same as is monogamy. I don't have to watch all the other games...but will watch a few here and there. You ok with that?

Her: Umm yeah.

Tripp: Good, also, I have season tickets to Packer games. It is not an event but rather a religious pilgrimage to football's holy land, the mecca. For this reason, I am particular on who I bring. If you do not know who Vince Lombardi was and can't discuss the packer sweep in detail or why Rodgers checked down...then you won't be attending with me. Understand?

Her: Ummm yeah, but can't you teach me while watching the games?

Tripp: been nice knowing you. Good luck in your future relationships..
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

I don't understand why someone would let there wife/husband tell them what they can or can't do. It actually boggles my mind. But that seems to be the way it is the majority of the time.

"IronMan" wrote:

Yes and no. In a relationship you need to have accountability and standards; otherwise you have chaos. But I totally agree, if your relationship has the primary effect of being restrictive and suffocating, it's not healthy. I don't understand those couples in which friction ensues if one or the other even says "hi" to someone else. I couldn't take it.

I can't count how many times I have asked buddies if they want to go out/go to a ball game, etc... only to have them reply with, "let me ask my wife." What? Why?

"IronMan" wrote:

I agree that the majority of the time, this is a symptom of a man who has no authority in his own house. However, if you were to invite me to a game, I would say, "Absolutely! That sounds awesome! Let me call my wife to make sure we don't have any scheduling conflicts." Similarly, when her friends invite her to do something, she checks in with me too. In large measure it's an expression of respect and trust, but mostly it's a matter of practicality. Neither of us has a perfect memory, and sometimes we forget about things. I'm notorious for double booking. When I decided to try out for the cheer and stunt squad, I let her know what was up, but I didn't ask for permission. (Now if she had been completely opposed to the idea, I certainly would have taken her opinion into consideration, though it may or may not have swayed my final decision.)

They call it "compromising" I call it, "bullshit."

"IronMan" wrote:

For so many people, marriage means the end of their social lives. I call bullshit as well.

I'm not married so I don't have to worry about it.

"IronMan" wrote:

A guy told me the other day, "I wish I was married. Then I'd have someone to answer my texts." lol
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

I myself love to watch football,

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

Of course you do. Men with perfect legs and butts in tight pants . . . it's a no-brainer. :magnifyglass:
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago

Back in 2005, shortly after getting married, I had a big argument with my wife about being able to watch football on Sundays. She did not understand why I had to watch every packer game on Sunday as opposed to just a couple every now and then. It took some serious reasoning to convince her of the importance of watching the Packers game.

What about the rest of you?

Did you have fight to arrange football days with your spouse?

Does your spouse watch the game with you?

Or are you in your third marriage because Sundays are precious?

"dyeah_gb" wrote:

My wife watches football with me. We usually hit the sports bars.

She's actually a player fan. She has favorite players. I have a favorite team, then favorite players second. She's the other way around.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
LambeauEast
14 years ago
The fiance knows that all bets are off when it comes to the Packers.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.