Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I asked about Noahs Ark. Answers please ...

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago

I'm watching some stuff on Noah's Ark. I'm confused as heck here.

Noah was 500 years old when informed of the flood? WHAT?
Noah built a boat that was 450 ft by 160 ft wide? Really? Where is it now?
The flood? Where did the water come from? Where did it go? Granted, its surely in pieces, but there has to be some traces to it, right?

God administered this flood because he didn't appreciate how Adam and Eve were handling human life? Why did God become a mass murderer then? Why didn't he just do what we do when we make an error on paper, crumple it up and throw it away? Start over with a new planet instead of murdering all of his 'children'.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

you asked more then just about the ark :thumbright:
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I thought we discussed nitpicking and its negative effect on the discussions? Amazing ...

And that was all about Noah's Ark. Each question.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
Wils, Hitler followed the teachings of Darwin. If you read Mein Kampf, i believe there is a listing of how he saw the races.
Did you know it wasn't illegal to kill Jewish people in Germany back then? They were not considered "human".
Do you remember how mad Hitler was when the American runner (i can't remember his name right now. ARGHHH!! Since my heart trouble, i have had alot of trouble remembering things. It's VERY frustrating!) anyways, AH!!!
It was in the Olympics. i THINK in 1933 or around there.
I think it was Jesse Owens. I could be wrong on the name. Anyways, he was a black man, and Hitler stormed out when his German runner was beat by Owens. He said "It wasn't fair to make his human run against that".
So......you STILL think Hitler didn't believe in "The Origin of Species" that Darwin "preached?"
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
What does hitler have to do with Noahs Ark?
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

What does hitler have to do with Noahs Ark?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

This is getting pretty funny. I applaud your persistency.
Cheesey
14 years ago
It has to do with the evolution theory, which comes back to belief in a world wide flood, which evolutioists say never happened.

If the great flood was just a local flood, why did God bother to send animals to the ark? If it was just a localized flood, there would have been animals of those kinds still alive elsehwere to reproduce, right?

Why were there birds on the ark? If it was a local flood, birds could just fly till they found dry land, right? Noah used a bird to know when the flood waters lowered. The bird would fly, and always return to the ark. When the bird did not return, Noah knew there was now dry land and they could leave the ark.

God promised to never bring that kind of flood to the world again. The "rainbow" is a reminder of His promise. But if the flood was only a local flood, then God lied to us, as there are small floods all over the world all the time.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Why did God make that promise?

Why did Noah use a bird? He was near perfection as a human being which implies his vision should be better than today's average man. Didn't he have a telescope to enhance this vision? What if the bird had been killed? Why so much trust in birds lack of returning?

I like the rainbow part, that's neat! Although I'm Irish so what does that mean about my leprechaun seeking his pot of gold? There's a pot of gold at the end of God's promise he won't murder a mass amount of people via a large flood again?

The tsunami from a years back was pretty devastating.

What about the sea creatures? Why were everyone of them spared but only so many land animals? Why were they granted a 'free pass' when other animals were drowned?
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
I guess God doesn't high a value on animals as some do. Hey Zero,,,,,do you eat any meat? If so, you shouldn't call God a "murderer" for letting animals die.
After all, the REAL blame goes to man. Had Adam and Eve not sinned, there would be no death.
And why did God make that promise? I don't think God took any pleasure in making the flood happen. Remember, the ark took YEARS to build, and Noah spent every day telling people it was coming, to repent of their ways. They laughed at him and ignored his pleas.
Think of it like this.......remember the sinking of the Titanic? People were told to get into the lifeboats, that the great ship was going down. Many laughed, and i read where MANY made statements like "Why should we leave this great ship, to climb into a tiny, cold, lifeboat?" So was in the day of Noah. No one believed him, they laughed at him and the whole idea of a flood. People ridiculed the crew on the Titanic for telling them to get into the lifeboats, and many ended up dieing. Just like all those that Noah warned, time and time again, only to die because of their choosing to ignore him.
And I'm SURE Noah had GREAT vision. Not near perfect, but lots better then we have today. Even with that, stand and look out over lake Michigan. On a clear day, can you see Michigan from Green Bay? The curvature of the earth prevents you from seeing farther, right? So i think that fact would say why Noah didn't see land, and the WHOLE EARTH was flooded. And there was nothing out there to kill the bird. It was the only living thing flying around.
Oh....and not all seas creatures were spared, i'm sure. Under water volcanos i'm sure erupted at the time of the flood, and i bet there were creatures killed by the boiling water and lava.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I guess God doesn't high a value on animals as some do. Hey Zero,,,,,do you eat any meat? If so, you shouldn't call God a "murderer" for letting animals die.

"Cheesey" wrote:

You guess? huh?

Do I eat meat? What does that have to do with anything? Please, tie that into this. Because your last part, well, that is where you're starting to lose me. You were making sense and believable up to that point.

I don't even know where to begin with blowing that statement out of the water. I mean, seriously? You said that? C'mon man.

I'm just asking for answers for a better understanding.

And I work for the largest beef processing company in the world. So, not only do I eat meat, I play a large role in tracking them being slaughtered. My programs count and track their carcasses.
UserPostedImage