dd80forever
14 years ago

They think you "hate" him just because of the Brett Favre incident.

But that simply isn't true.

There are plenty of other reasons to hate him in my book!

haha.

"TheOldMan" wrote:

In my book, it's just another bad move in the Ted Thompson era. It is however magnified because of how much heart Brett has given GB.

I truly believe Ted has caused the division in Packers Nation as well. Not only did he make a bad move, he has put a black cloud over the whole organization and has actually done so at the expense of Brett. The whole deal with the Tampering charges was done to help sway Packer nation to his side.

It's like how he handled the Moss thing. He's not real saavy
blank
Rockmolder
14 years ago

haha.

"dd80forever" wrote:

In my book, it's just another bad move in the Ted Thompson era. It is however magnified because of how much heart Brett has given GB.

I truly believe Ted has caused the division in Packers Nation as well. Not only did he make a bad move, he has put a black cloud over the whole organization and has actually done so at the expense of Brett. The whole deal with the Tampering charges was done to help sway Packer nation to his side.

"TheOldMan" wrote:

You know what you two should do. Make one thread and put in all your arguements against Ted in there. And I mean that seriously. Everything's so scattered all over the place, I'd love to see why you guys hate him so much.

I'm not going to state the obvious here and go on about Brett being retired, Rodgers working the whole off-season, Rodgers in his contract year, Brett unretiring, Brett slightly on the decline (Not in his play, but his body, just the injuries that come with his age and wear and tear). So, I pretty much did state the obvious. There you go.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Zero, are you going to kick our respective asses to the curb now?

PS.
I agree 100% with your post D80. Good job.

I just hate when certain posters try to slander Brett by saying, "He's lost it", "Ted Thompson was a genius for dumping him", "Ted Thompson made the right choice because Rodgers is better"...etc..etc, as a rationalization to try and support Ted Thompson.

I don't think you have to diss Brett to defend Thompson, but that's just me.

Where I will give Ted credit is in giving Brett Favre a good receiving corps in '07 to get to 13-3. That seems to be the strongest area of the team.

"TheOldMan" wrote:

I'm not sure
"He's lost it" - Just becuase someone says that he's not the same QB he once was, doesn't mean he's lost it. Has he lost his touch he had in his prime? Yeah, obviously. What 40 year old hasn't? That gives no right to blast someone for that opinion.

"Ted Thompson was a genius for dumping him" - Who said Ted was a genius for dumping Brett Favre? Packers got a 3rd round pick for a QB who had retired five months prior. That's pretty decent, not genius material though.

"Ted Thompson made the right choice because Rodgers is better" - I don't recall anyone saying this either. I recall some saying that Aaron and Brett had similar stats and that Aaron did fairly well for a first year starter. It wasn't Ted's CHOICE! God, that pisses me off! Ted said we were a better team WITH Brett, Mike said Brett was NOT in the right mindset to be the Packers QB and was referring to the things Brett couldn't get over and Brett even admitted he couldn't get past things he should have been able to and Brett said it wasn't going to work!

No one has to diss Brett or Ted to like the other. However some continue to use their opinion based on rumors as fact for their spite towards Ted and putting fault on him for things that are not on him. I don't even like the damn guy and even I can be level headed about it. Why can't everyone else?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

haha.

"TheOldMan" wrote:

Okay, now you're just pissing me off. They? Quit that shit, its pissing me off.

It's no secret yourself and dhazer and dd80 disliked Brett before the whole Brett being traded thing. Why would you hate Ted for that when it was a COLLECTIVE agreement by the parties involved that it would not work with Brett as the Packers QB? Specifically Brett and Mike.

You love Brett.
You hate Ted.
You love Packers.

We got it.
UserPostedImage
TheOldMan
14 years ago
Yes, this whole thing has left me very conflicted man.

And I don't like it.
Truth be known, I'm TT's baby!
14 years ago

haha.

"dd80forever" wrote:

"TheOldMan" wrote:

Two questions for you:
a) "Just another bad move in the Ted Thompson era." Specifically, what was the bad move to which you are referring? I'm not looking for a "got rid of Favre" type answer, because that isn't specific. We all know the retirement/unretirement went on for years, and Favre disliked Thompson prior to his final departure, so you could point to a number of different time periods in the drama. What was the bad move?
b) What did Thompson do to "[cause] the division in Packers Nation"? Did he discuss it with the media and split the fan base that way? How did he make it a "Ted Thompson's Packers vs. Brett Favre" issue to the public?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Yes, this whole thing has left me very conflicted man.

And I don't like it.

"TheOldMan" wrote:

So you admit you can't just let it go. That's the first step into recovery. We're here for you.

I'm not really conflicted because I wasn't there so I don't know every fact. I'm smart enough to piece some of it together, just not all of it, therefore I don't spend my life on it.

I'm more excited about the upcoming season than I am worrying about who pissed who off first between Ted and Brett.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
14 years ago

Hey, AROD may be a good QB someday.

Right now, we really don't know that, STILL!

(That's the whole point, isn't it? Gambling on the unknown?)

I thought Ted was supposed to be conservative?

"TheOldMan" wrote:

Well, what did you want him to do BUILD a QB out of metal?

Look, Brett Favre wasn't going to be around forever and right now this team is in better shape for ARod because transition in this league is a reality.

The reality of it is this transition could be a whole lot more difficult than it has been for us. See Chicago. See San Francisco. See Detroit. See the Vikings. It aint easy to come up with a solid QB in this league.

So you know what? It don't matter how good Brett Favre WAS for us at this point. What matters is what we have to go on with from here and we have a solid, young, QB to move forward with. You want to nitpic over two int's and somehow that should get me to take a double take on what I saw last year?

McCarthy has had to deal with nothing but transition since he's been here and THAT was inevitable as well since Sherman wasn't bringing up young talent to replace the old guys when it was their time. MS couldn't pull it off when he HAD one of the most unchanging environments over five years any coach could have been blessed with. Can you imagine what he would have done with the youngest team in the NFL and no security blanket around him?

I mean, you do realize if you make next to no changes over an extended period of time in this league it means BIG changes at some point, right?

I know Brett Favre was good in '07 and I know he was the guy that got us to the Title Game but there's also more to it than that. Brett Favre was running MIKE MCCARTHY'S OFFENSE. How hard is it to see that Brett Favre was better off for Mike McCarthy and how he wanted the offense run and obviously too, the Packers were better off that Brett bought into it and ran it as well as he did?

Mike Sherman couldn't get that kind of production out of him when he had one of the most veteran teams in the NFL around Favre.

I don't know what the hell the problem is around here anyhow.

Brett Favre was good. Brett Favre is gone.
Arod is here now and looks highly capable.
Mike McCarthy managed both guys about as well as you could ask shaping a perfect offense for Brett and grooming Arod and when it was his time he was certainly no deer in headlights. He's ready.

I really just don't understand what some people find to bitch about.
"The train is leaving the station."
dhazer
14 years ago
I hate Ted Thompson and i will always say that. I don't agree with how he runs a team. I hated him from his 1st year in Green Bay and probably always will. He spends money like its his own and that just pisses me off. If you try and say i hate Ted Thompson cuz of the circus with Brett you edit ###alternative needed dfoster--I have been a proud Ted Thompson hater from day 1. I was banned from another forum because of it and i was drawn here because Zero said i can speak my mind on it (boy i bet he regrets it now lol)

Btw what the hell is this thread about lol
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago

Big deal.

Two games.

He carried them for, what...how many seasons?

Get real.

"Coddling"?

"I just love the smell of delusional Ted Thompson apologists in the morning. Smells like victory.."

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

You dont get it?

Brett had the defense pick him up in those 2 games...Which to me means it is a TEAM game

Rodgers played a few bad games in my eyes last year just like Brett did in 07..

Rodgers didnt have the luxury to have a good defense behind him like Brett did.

"TheOldMan" wrote:

Really? So you're saying that Aaron Rodgers is just as good as Brett Favre?

hahahahahahahahahaha....

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that!

"longtimefan" wrote:

He didn't say anything of the sort, and anyone without a transparent agenda can see that.

"TheOldMan" wrote:

TY! ILTP