Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Source Link 

Receiver Michael Crabtree, who is already sounding at times like a guy who at some point will be publicly thanking his hands or doing sit ups in his driveway or nudging traffic cops with a car bumper or all of the above, made another ill-advised comment on Thursday.

The remark came during a live chat on NFL.com. According to RaiderBeat.com, Crabtree had this to say when asked about whether he wants to play for the Raiders (and, apparently, about whether hes cocky): Im not cocky at all, Crabtree said. People talk, man, but Im a cool guy. As for playing for the Raiders, no comment.

Hmmmmm.

But the odd thing about this one is that the live chat currently contains no such no comment comment. But it does, however, contain a subsequent reference to the exchange.

Q: Why did you say no commit [sic] to playing for the raiders? Does that mean you wouldnt like to be a raider[?]

A: No, Id like to play for whoever picks me.

Yeah, right.

Were starting to get the feeling that, come Saturday, this guy will be sliding like Aaron Rodgers stretching a single into a double on a baseball diamond made of freshly Zambonied ice

I'm disliking this Crabtree more and more.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
15 years ago
I don't see him saying "no comment" as such a big deal. He just choose not to comment. Our politicians sure do it enough.

I'm not so sure about other incidents, but this doesn't seem like a big deal at all to me. Just an attempt at making a story.

I mean, c'mon, we are talking about the Raiders here. A lot worse could be said then "no comment."
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
For all we know he was just being cautious so as not to throw the monkey wrench into future contract negotiations should they happen to draft him. Why is it that unless someone praises something or someone effusively nowadays, the media assumes it's a diss? That's a serious sign of a culture flaw, in my opinion -- always looking for signs of disrespect behind every word and gesture. It's primitive, tribalistic, and immature.

Since when is "no comment" an insult?

I'll defer to some other commenters:

4evrnyt says:
April 23rd, 2009 at 9:42 pm
Maybe Im just being the Devils advocate here but what if he said that because he has a pretty good idea that he is infact going to be a Raider.

It could be that he just isnt smart/smooth enough to come up with a way of answering the question without giving anything away.

2 Dimes and a Nickel Back says:
April 23rd, 2009 at 9:44 pm
If this is a big deal, then Eli Mannings facial expression when he was drafted number 1 was armageddon

Smush Rodrigez says:
April 23rd, 2009 at 9:46 pm
At least he is not being a bitch like Eli Manning and saying - I wont play for your team cuase I am a Manning an entitled to do whatever I want. And its not fair because everyone loves Peyton more than me.

CompanyCalls says:
April 23rd, 2009 at 10:16 pm
No comment Doesnt necessarily mean he doesnt want to play for Oakland. When I first read it I had a similar thought but then figured he probably didnt want to say anything in favor of one team or another. Granted, saying Ill be excited to play for any team that drafts me would have been smarter than No comment but I dont think he meant to diss the Raiders.

TheDPR says:
April 23rd, 2009 at 10:21 pm
I dont see any particular diss in the exchange. Perhaps hes already been in discussions with the Raiders and isnt at liberty to comment on them. Perhaps his agent has told him to no comment any specific team questions. Thats no diss.

Im not one to always accuse you of making up stories, Mike, but this one is just ridiculously piling on a guy you dont seem to like.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
I may wonder about Crabtree's maturity but I have to agree "No comment" is not the end of the world. He may well not want to play for them (who would) :icon_smile: but it is not much of a diss if any at all.

I find it more annoying and offensive that the NFL police felt compelled to cclean up the post.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Well, you could argue that by saying "No comment," he basically asked it to be stricken from the record. A "No comment" in the transcript is redundant for all practical purposes.

You don't put "He didn't say anything" in a transcript.
UserPostedImage
porky88
15 years ago
I really don't care about his attitude. It'll be interesting to see whether all this "attitude" stuff coming out about him has any merit to it. I think teams might just be leaking stuff out so a certain team sways away from him.

Even if he is cocky, I don't care. He's the best player in the draft IMO.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Your opinion sucks! 🙂 j/k ... I haven't seen him play at all. Everywhere I turn I'm hearing more negative things about him from reporters. I've yet to hear / read a quote from him that solidifies it.

This little blurb just made me dislike him more, because he's a dhazer guy 🙂
UserPostedImage
Dulak
15 years ago
ya I'm not sure about his attitude ... but if it were me and I was about to be drafted and I didnt want to play for a team I would probably say no comment also.

I mean its better then lying ... heck if I was a draftree and someone asked me about playing for the bears I would be like err well I grew up in wisconsin.
IronMan
15 years ago
Florio is getting desperate.
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
If reporters don't like someone, that's usually a recommendation in my book. I consider most reporters hacks desperate for an angle. I've worked for a paper before -- it's stressful coming up with something, anything by deadline. Sometimes you just write something to avoid getting fired.

Journalists' so-called analyses carry little weight with me. Ultimately their main job is to get a reaction. It doesn't matter what reaction.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (6h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (8h) : damn those vikings
beast (8h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (8h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (8h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (8h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (8h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (15h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (16h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (16h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.