Cheesey
14 years ago
Ahhh Haze.......you didn't let me down!
When i saw it was you that posted, i asked myself "Now, just HOW will Hazer pee on the charcoal today???"
LOLOLOL!!!!
:thumbright:
UserPostedImage
The_Green_Ninja
14 years ago

ya im sure the Lions were saying the same thing last year when they won all 4 preseason games :p

"dhazer" wrote:

Hehe. What is strange though is that dang Patriots team from 2003 won all there preseason games and did AWFUL, right dhazer? 😛
UserPostedImage
RainX
14 years ago
The success of this season really rides on how quickly and effectively Capers can transition this team to the 3-4. The early returns are favorable to this point. If they can even find their 2007 form again (average against the run and top tier against the pass), there is no reason this can't be a 10 or 11 win football team.

I temper predictions of anything really beyond that with a much improved division and a tougher second half schedule.
blank
Stevetarded
14 years ago

ya im sure the Lions were saying the same thing last year when they won all 4 preseason games :p

"dhazer" wrote:

It isn't about the wins. Nobody would be saying anything diffirent if we had ended up losing every game in the end and were 0-3 right now. Weren't all of the division winners in the AFC 3-1 in preseason last year?

I really don't care so much whether a bunch of UDFA and 6th/7th round draft picks could pull out a last minute victory. Who gives a shit if the Lions were 4-0, what does that actually have to do with anything?

In 2007 our starters (specifically the defense) looked really good in the preseason, last year they didn't look to be on the same page all the time and the Defense had no fire. This preseason reminds me more of 2007.
blank
shield4life
14 years ago
I think this team has the talent to win 10 games or more. The question should be more like will the Packers show up to every game, fight for every yard or just under achieve like last year?
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
xavierlee9
14 years ago
I have us at 10-6 after running through the schedule. The second half is really tough..So going 6-2, 7-1, or 8-0 through the first half is really key to a playoff run.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
14 years ago
I have us winning at least 9 games...We can possibly start out 4-0 before our bye week..Actually its a good chance that we do...What alot of people arent realizing (or might not even know) is that the packers have the 3rd easiest schedule this year...With all this talent,we should make the playoffs...If not,then there's some serious issues at hand...This is EXACTLY like the 2007 season (we even had an easy schedule that year) except so far we look twice as good then the 2007 team in preseason...
gbguy20
14 years ago

The schedule becomes substantially more difficult after the first 8 weeks, so perhaps 7-1 is a must if the Packers are to win the North.

"masseyattack" wrote:

You are giving the North far too much credit imo
porky88
14 years ago
I didn't watch the Lions' preseason games last year or I don't remember them, but I cant imagine they looked as good as Green Bay does now. The Packers look really good and everyone is taking notice. There is a buzz around this football team and it's not just Green Bay fans.

The preseason is a valid point, but I also HEARD that teams who finish with a winning record in the preseason have made the playoffs 75% of the time.

That's not bad, but I can't confirm that or anything.

The answer is yes they can make the playoffs. Why not? They were close last year until the late season 4th quarter meltdowns.

Will they?

Who cares. We get to see football soon anyways.
Dulak
14 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

true but he was asking about the packers ... different story

Our D looks Vey much improved with capers at the helm.

When we hired capers I predicted we would go 10-6 this year; I'm actually feeling like we might even do better maybe up to 12 wins ...

So at least 10 wins up to 12
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
    Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
    TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
    Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
    dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
    dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
    Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
    earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
    beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
    dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
    dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
    Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
    Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
    dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
    dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
    packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
    beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
    Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
    beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
    beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
    beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
    beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
    dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
    dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
    Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
    beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
    Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

8h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

8h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

9h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

10h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

10h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

14h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

14h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.