Martha Careful
3 months ago
Zack Kruse wrote

Packers offensive line dominates in playoff upset over Cowboys

January 15, 2024 8:15 am CT
The Dallas Cowboys defense entered Sunday’s NFC Wild Card matchup as one of the NFL’s most disruptive defenses but exited a dejected and defeated bunch thanks to a dominant effort from the offensive line of the Green Bay Packers.

Jordan Love wasn’t sacked, and the Packers rushed for 143 yards. In terms of disruption, the Cowboys registered nothing more than one tackle for loss and three quarterback hits. Per Next Gen Stats, Micah Parsons had just one pressure.

This could have been the deciding matchup of the game for the Cowboys, who finished the regular season as the top ranked pass-rushing defense at Pro Football Focus. The Packers started two second-year offensive tackles making their first playoff appearance and have had question marks at center and right guard all season. Parsons, DeMarcus Lawrence, Dante Fowler and Osa Odighizuwa had a real chance to rule the day.

The result Sunday? One-sided domination the other way. The Packers ripped off four runs of at least 10 yards overall and three touchdown runs inside the 10-yard line, and Love had plenty of time to complete 16 of 21 passes, including six completions of 20 or more yards. Green Bay’s offense finished averaging 7.7 yards per play and at one in the second half was averaging nearly 10 per play.

Love was only under real pressure on four dropbacks, per Next Gen Stats. He completed all four passes — including a touchdown — when pressured. Jones’ success rate as a runner was over 50 percent once again.

The Packers offensive line has been rolling as of late. Jones has four straight games with 100 or more rushing yards, and Love has been sacked just twice during the four-game win streak. The group up front has gained valuable experience and continuity down the stretch as the Packers have caught fire overall as an offense.

Love and Jones will get a lot of the credit for the Packers marching into AT&T Stadium and lighting the place on fire. And rightfully so; Love was masterful as a passer, and Jones continued his incredible dominance of the Cowboys, especially in Dallas. But none of it is possible without the collective work of Rasheed Walker, Elgton Jenkins, Josh Myers, Jon Runyan Jr., Sean Rhyan and Zach Tom. The six offensive linemen — the Packers rotate at right guard — were dominant in the biggest game of the season.

Go Packers!!!!
Zero2Cool
3 months ago
OL had been huge surprise to me. Losing our LT, geez, I had concerns.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 months ago
Walker and ZT were brick walls on Sunday. I believe they only gave up 1 pressure between them.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Martha Careful
3 months ago
Does anyone have access to snap count information particularly at right guard (Rhyan v. Runyon). It seem to me Rhyan had the vast majority of snaps.

Also, I was not paying as close attention, but I am not sure whether Nijman got in during the first 3 quarters at LT.

Inquiring minds want to know.

SF will be a much tougher task with a vastly superior defensive line.
Go Packers!!!!
TheKanataThrilla
3 months ago

Does anyone have access to snap count information particularly at right guard (Rhyan v. Runyon). It seem to me Rhyan had the vast majority of snaps.

Also, I was not paying as close attention, but I am not sure whether Nijman got in during the first 3 quarters at LT.

Inquiring minds want to know.

SF will be a much tougher task with a vastly superior defensive line.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

I stole this from another site. I removed the smaller numbers of Newman and Yosh who played garbage snaps. Yosh only had 3 regular snaps.

Player Snaps % STs
Myers 56 100 7/25%
Walker 56 100 7/25%
Tom 53 95 7/25%
Jenkins 49 88
Runyan 34 61 7/25%
Rhyan 26 46
civic
3 months ago
I think two of the hits on Love were when Deguara was too slow to his blocks or whiffed when he did get there.
blank
TheKanataThrilla
3 months ago

I think two of the hits on Love were when Deguara was too slow to his blocks or whiffed when he did get there.

Originally Posted by: civic 

Maybe he does stuff that I don't see, but to be honest I am not sure why Deguara in on the team. Perhaps it is to have vets that are still cheap, but he is pretty invisible and hasn't been a standout blocker.
Mucky Tundra
3 months ago

Maybe he does stuff that I don't see, but to be honest I am not sure why Deguara in on the team. Perhaps it is to have vets that are still cheap, but he is pretty invisible and hasn't been a standout blocker.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

He was drafted to be a Kyle Juszczyk-esque H-Back who blocks well, does the dirty nuts and bolts work and be a safety valve in the pass game but Deguara has done little of it since he arrived.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
bboystyle
3 months ago
Been saying the Oline has been heavily underrated this year. If they handle business against the Niners, we can start thinking SB
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 months ago
The Oline came up big yesterday. I have always wanted 5 blocks of granite walling off the defense. It gets frustrating when they whiff. It's even more frustrating when the Packers lose out on an extra 1st round pick because the Jets Oline is so terrible.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

17h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

18h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

19h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

23h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

23h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.