gbpfan
15 years ago
Sad to hear about Brett,at least the packer team didn't call him out like these jets players,even if minn picked him up will he play like he did for the jets,his heart just isn't in it any more and to keep a team hanging if you want to come back,is frustrating I like Brett just think the waiting game is unfair,you know what the docs said you can play,so it must be mentally that he is not ready come feb he, will delay untill draft will jets wait that long?
dhazer
15 years ago
Thomas Jones is now backing off his comments on ESPN First take. He said he answered questions but it wasn't about Brett it was about the team and the reporters chopped it up to make it look bad. So is it possible the media stirring up stuff or is Jones backing away from what he said.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
evad04
15 years ago
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9016280/Piling-on:-Jets-teammates-unhappy-with-Favre 

As if finding a new head coach, preparing for the draft and figuring out whether the star quarterback will be part of their future aren't big enough issues, the New York Jets have a new problem to deal with as they begin 2009.

Brett Favre is not a popular guy with his teammates, some of whom think the legendary quarterback needed to be held accountable for crucial mistakes down the stretch as the team missed a playoff berth.

Appearing on a local radio show Tuesday, Jets running back Thomas Jones said Favre should have been benched during his three-interception performance against the Dolphins on Sunday, according to The Daily News.

"We're a team and we win together ... but at the same time, you can't turn the ball over and expect to win," Jones said in the interview. "The other day, the three interceptions really hurt us. I mean, that's just reality. If I were to sit here and say, 'Oh, man, it's OK,' that's not reality.

"The reality is, you throw interceptions, I'm (ticked) off, I don't like it. You know what I'm saying? I don't like it, I know everybody else on the team doesn't like it."

The veteran running back, coming off a 1,300-yard season with 13 touchdowns on the ground, went so far as to say coach Eric Mangini should have benched Favre, a training-camp addition to the roster after retiring from the Green Bay Packers and then changing his mind

"If somebody is not playing well, they need to come out of the game," Jones said in the WQHT-FM interview. "You're jeopardizing the whole team because you're having a bad day. To me, that's not fair to everybody else. You're not the only one on the team."

Playing with a sore shoulder, Favre, 39, threw nine interceptions during the Jets' 1-4 December swoon, finishing with a league-high 22 and adding to his reputation as a gunslinger perhaps too confident in his own abilities.

Another player said Favre was an awkward fit from almost the moment the Jets traded for him on Aug. 6 and released Chad Pennington. Favre reportedly spent considerable time during the season in a private office near the equipment room rather than in the locker room.

"There was a lot of resentment in the room about him," the anonymous teammate told Newsday. "He never socialized with us, never went to dinner with anyone."

Owner Woody Johnson has indicated he wants to see Favre back in 2009, but Jones' outburst is an indication that the quarterback has work to do on and off the field with his teammates if he plans to return next season.

On Monday, fourth-year safety Kerry Rhodes told the paper: "If he's dedicated and he wants to come back and do this, and do it the right way ... and be here when we're here in training camp and the minicamps and working out with us ... then I'm fine with it. But don't come back if it's going to be halfhearted or he doesn't want to put the time in with us."

And the issue may extend beyond the locker room as the Jets look for Mangini's replacement.

"I want (Favre) out of the building before I get there," one general manager told The Daily News in analyzing the thought process of prospective coaches. "He's finished. You can read Mangini's body language: 'We can't control him. He will not follow. He's undisciplined. Belligerent.'

"Why would any reasonable man even want him around if you are trying to get a fresh start?"

William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Moved as I don't feel this is in any way honoring or a tribute to his Career with the Green Bay Packers.
UserPostedImage
IronMan
15 years ago
anonymous teammate = coward.
zombieslayer
15 years ago

ok so riddle me this...if favre goes to minny - will those of you who are mainly favre fans follow him there & root for minny? just curious.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

4Pack - I'll root for Favre as long as he's not playing us. So 14 times a year, yes. 2 times a year, no. Versus 16 times a year rooting for Aaron Rodgers to do well.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

ok so riddle me this...if favre goes to minny - will those of you who are mainly favre fans follow him there & root for minny? just curious.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

I didn't really root for the Jets this year, but I did pull for Brett to do good and pad his stats so far that that little pissant Peyton Manning can't ever reach them. 🙂
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

"IronMan" wrote:

EXACTLY

Did anyone hear Mark Schlereth talking on ESPN radio (maybe Mike and Mike in the Morning show this am?)

Words to the effect of...

"You do not DO what is happening in the NY Jets locker room." "One thing people don't realize how oftentimes we hardly know some of our teammates due to compartmentalization, etc., so many times we are not even friends, but we NEVER would be talking about this sort of stuff with the media, NEVER."

He was pressed on the "Never." His answer... "NEVER!"

"You go to the teammate, you request a team meeting...you do not go on some radio show (very funny, semi-ethnic , made- fun of- thing he did here, implying sort of a hip-hop station or some-such) and proclaim your personal opinions about a fellow team member"

I consider the source when I hear stuff. When I don't think much of the source, I don't think much of what I hear.
IronMan
15 years ago

"dfosterf" wrote:

EXACTLY

Did anyone hear Mark Schlereth talking on ESPN radio (maybe Mike and Mike in the Morning show this am?)

"IronMan" wrote:

Yeah I heard that. Schlereth is awesome.
mxchamp004
15 years ago
On sportscenter last night they compared Thomas Jones stats from last year (with Pennington) to this year (with Favre), he had 15 tds this year as opposed to 2 last year and i think about 300 more yards. The reporter was saying that T. Jones has no right to ridicule Brett when Jones gets better stats because Favre is at qb. It ends up helping both the team and Jones.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (2h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (2h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (2h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (2h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (2h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (5h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.