wils0646
15 years ago
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/01/sports/football/01nfl.html 

Thomas Jones was critical of quarterback Brett Favre in a radio interview on New Yorks Hot 97 FM on Tuesday. He prefaced the comments by saying he was not blaming Favre for the Jets collapse, but added: The other day, the three interceptions really hurt us. Thats just reality.

When somebodys not playing well, you need to come out of the game, Jones said. Youre jeopardizing the whole teams efforts because youre having a bad day. To me, thats not fair to everybody else. I mean, youre not the only one on the team.

The Jets owner, Woody Johnson, said Monday that he wanted Favre to return to the Jets, but a team spokesman stressed that the new coach would have significant input into the decision.

He also added this at the end of the interview:

"It definitely gets like that because you're playing to win, you're playing for the Super Bowl. That's what you do all this work for. We start in minicamp in May and training camp, banging for two, three weeks and that's what you do it for. So when you get to the wire and then somebody's just giving the game up, it's not fair to everybody else."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spfavre015983994jan01,0,7764382.story 

Anonymous player:

"There was a lot of resentment in the room about him," a Jets player told Newsday yesterday. He requested anonymity because team owner Woody Johnson has stated publicly that Favre is welcome to return next season if he wants to. (Favre reportedly will take until the end of February to decide about returning.)

The 39-year-old quarterback is not as welcome with his teammates, according to this veteran. After the Jets traded for Favre Aug. 6, the sure Hall of Famer made no effort to ingratiate himself with the already assembled team, the veteran said. He said Favre spent most of his down time at the practice facility in an office specially designated for him near the equipment room, not with teammates in the locker room, even after the media departed.

"He never socialized with us, never went to dinner with anyone," the player said. Asked to describe Favre in a word, he said: "Distant."

A foxsports.com report Sunday said Favre wasn't happy being called out by Eric Mangini in front of the team, as the coach did with all of his players when they made mistakes. But the Jet who requested anonymity said that didn't seem to be the case.

"If [Favre] was hurt by that stuff, I'd be shocked, because Eric barely said anything to him," the player said. "Guys would be getting called out for missed assignments or blown coverages, and Brett would have three picks and no one would say a word."

Kerry Rhodes:

On Monday, Kerry Rhodes said: "If he's dedicated and he wants to come back and do this, and do it the right way ... and be here when we're here in training camp and the minicamps and working out with us ... then I'm fine with it. But don't come back if it's going to be halfhearted or he doesn't want to put the time in with us."

The Pack Will Be Back.
Packerchick
15 years ago
It appears there is no chemistry between Brett and his new teammates. Dosent sound good for him having a second year there if he does continue to play.
I am a woman and I love football.
PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago
On the Thomas Jones comments.

10 carries 23 yards 2.3 per. Probably shouldn't say anything when you yourself are not producing.

The Anonymous source

Should shut up, if you don't have the balls to list your name with the comments then don't make them.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
packer98
15 years ago
Anyone see the quotes from the unnamed player and Thomas Jones?
blank
dingus
15 years ago
Wonder how Mangini feels now, out of a job and with a newborn who's middle name is Brett!
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
OMG how fucking hard is it to read?
UserPostedImage
Packerchick
15 years ago
Pretty savage comments.
I am a woman and I love football.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Almost get the impression again that I had when this first was announced. He's realizing the grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I'm confused. Who's "he"? Favre, Mangini, Jones, Tannenbaum?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (13h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (14h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (14h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (14h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (15h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (17h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (22h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (22h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.