dfosterf
3 years ago
A lot of well-reasoned perspectives here. My personal opinion is that Aaron will not play for GB anymore. I have read and heard everything everyone else has, waded through the bs as best as possible, and come to my conclusion. We can all speculate on his motivations, the rightness or wrongness of them, fault, etc. etc. etc.
My speculation is this man has dug his heels in, and he isn't going to move, based on all of the information of how he conducts himself on and off the field for the last 16 years. I am wrapping my head around that, hoping I'm wrong. I think I will go re-read everything available on Jordan Love for about the 5th time...Missed you guys, think I'll hang around some again, great job keeping it together Kev!
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
3 years ago
There really are quite a few excellent perspectives on this thread...thanks to all.

Just another couple of thoughts from whom most of you believe I am a 12 apologist ( and I continue to think he is the best ever to play ). I think he has carried this team to levels which exceed both the quality of roster and the quality of the coaching staff when Mike McCarthy was in charge.

Having said that, 12 as a GM is not so hot. [list][*]He wanted Jordy to get a lot of money and a long-term contract. He was out of the league a year and a half later.[*]He wanted Cobb to get a lot of money and a long-term contract. His performance declined dramatically after his signing . [*]He wanted Jones, Bakhtiari and Adams to get lots of money...and they did...but it sure would be nice to have some of that money to sign some more linemen[*]He has a big damn contract, and you can't pay everybody. [/list]It is easy to sit in judgement of others, and clearly there have been many draft misses....but I don't think 12 has much of a track record to complain.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
olds70supreme
3 years ago
Great summary of the situation Zero.
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

Missed you guys, think I'll hang around some again, great job keeping it together Kev!

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

DFOSTERF!!!!!
Is good to see you again Marine. You have been missed by many on the board.
As for the Rodgers-Packers debacle, the blue check mark boys would flip the narrative in a half a heart beat if it meant continuation of viewing/listening/web clicks. For the most part, they don't give a rat's @ZZ about anyone but making a name for themselves and keeping the buzz going.
UserPostedImage
TAYLORBOY
3 years ago
So many spokes to this wheel that is broken..

We've seen this same scenario play out before....Pats drafting Garoppolo..Brady had same feelings but was able to take his concerns to the team owner and Kraft told Billichick to trade him...problem solved..

Mark Murphy supposedly, has the power of an owner but really doesn't have the "ownership" sense of making decisions for "his team"

I think on the organizations side the main problem is they have over the years kept the pattern and "personality" of Ted Thompson. Ted Thompson brought some standards he learned from Wolfe about size and traits of players to draft but mostly his biggest fault was his trait of being an isolationist....he just wasn't comfortable communicating verbally with people...times change but the Packers are still stuck in a time frame of Thompsons closed door philosophy

Rodgers? he's a geek who just happens to be a damn good Pro QB in the NFL... Packers have difficulty signing FA's, some due to cap restraints by having the player with the highest cap hit...Rodgers...his solution to HIS problem is a new contract ...money is the problem and the solution all tied together..
Bottom line is we as fans expect/hope the Packers/Rodgers to mend the fences...fix the barn door after the horses are out.....but bottom line is Rodgers can't even mend fences with his Parents and siblings and not even on speaking terms....

Rodgers has donated and raised millions of dollars to aid small business in his hometown area of Chico Cal due to the pandemic. Several years ago severe storms/fires ? hit the Chico area severely and he raised concerns and spoke to help the area.....but his Brother spoke to the press expressing that" Aaron can't even call his Mother to see if the family is OK"

I think it is over and I hope the Packers learn from this whole fiasco....
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
If this is going to keep going this way, I am kind a wishing Packers would have taken the reported fake offers from one of the other teams. At least get something for the guy if he absolutely will not return.

The #Packers made a "significant long-term contract offer" to QB Aaron Rodgers, according to @RapSheet

The two sides however are "Not in a good place."

Ian also added that on the report by @MikeGarafolo that Rodgers has talked to several players about joining him somewhere else
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Emeraldgreen
2 years ago
MONEY MATTERS. I see this is going to be a money issue. In order for the Packers to make payroll, the team needs to reduce Rodgers salary and stretch it out so that the team can pay others evenly. I can see him being angry at that. Hell not being paid a few million today instead of next year would make me angry too. BUT, its not like he is bankrupt and needs money now. He may not live long enough to earn that hefty paycheck. Somebody gonna pay him a un-welcomed hit on the field. And those medical bills will eat up all those un-earned paychecks the Packers paid him.
beast
2 years ago

MONEY MATTERS. I see this is going to be a money issue. In order for the Packers to make payroll, the team needs to reduce Rodgers salary and stretch it out so that the team can pay others evenly. I can see him being angry at that. Hell not being paid a few million today instead of next year would make me angry too. BUT, its not like he is bankrupt and needs money now. He may not live long enough to earn that hefty paycheck. Somebody gonna pay him a un-welcomed hit on the field. And those medical bills will eat up all those un-earned paychecks the Packers paid him.

Originally Posted by: Emeraldgreen 

I seriously don't think this is a money issue... Rodgers has plenty of money. And he's declining the huge offer... which means huge amounts of money doesn't solve the issue.

Plus, with the NFL rules, teams can give huge signing bonuses where a players gets paid now and they account for it over 5 years... so that's not really an issue.

The real question is what is the issue? I think it's power, control and trust...

Rodgers doesn't trust Gute to keep Rodgers should Love develop into a good QB.

Also Rodgers seems to expect to have SOME sway or say in certain selections (ie Kumerow), which in fairness, Kumerow might of been the 5th best WR last year... but St. Brown has more potential upside and Taylor was better for ST, so I guess buh bye Kumerow? Which pissed Rodgers off...

And that was probably on top of the Nelson situation... where Gute released Nelson, gave him a purposely low ball offer, knowing he wouldn't dare accept it... and then Nelson being wired different and as he put it, more money than he'll ever spend from one of his early contracts... wanted to stay a Packers and Gute sat him down and talked him out of it... (which was so stupid, Rodgers/Nelson had the best chemistry in football and money in the RedZone and you could of signed Nelson and released Cobb's large contract which he never lived up to)...

Also, I wonder what Rodgers thought about everyone else as well ... Cobb, Sitton, Lang, Linsley, Bulaga all going else where... though mainly only Sitton was an unusual release one. Also them releasing Graham, but Rodgers shouldn't be upset at that... but maybe on top of other guys.

Bottom Line: It would be really nice to know what both side wants... as I strongly doubt this is straight up money only issue. But some sort of control or influence issue.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
That's not how Jordy Nelson explained things on Pat McAfee's show, or some other show. He said he was offered a veteran minimum and almost accepted it. This part about Gutekunst talking him out of it, that's news to me. Maybe the GM was trying to say you're not going to see much time, the young WR's are progressing too much and you're regressing?

Aaron Rodgers has said salary is a sign of appreciation and where you stand in the league. (my assumption here) It's not about having enough money, it's more about being top paid QB. We have rumors about such an extension, but we also had a slam dunk trade with Broncos too.

Jake Kumerow. I think timing is what irked Rodgers (if at all) more than anything. He speaks high on the guy and next day he's cut. It's bad optics even though Rodgers is probably fully aware the decision to move on was made before his comments came out. This is the communication breakdown that I think Rodgers is bothered by. He probably feels he should have been intimated that Kumerow would be cut prior to going public with his endorsement of him.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago

That's not how Jordy Nelson explained things on Pat McAfee's show, or some other show. He said he was offered a veteran minimum and almost accepted it. This part about Gutekunst talking him out of it, that's news to me. Maybe the GM was trying to say you're not going to see much time, the young WR's are progressing too much and you're regressing?

Aaron Rodgers has said salary is a sign of appreciation and where you stand in the league. (my assumption here) It's not about having enough money, it's more about being top paid QB. We have rumors about such an extension, but we also had a slam dunk trade with Broncos too.

Jake Kumerow. I think timing is what irked Rodgers (if at all) more than anything. He speaks high on the guy and next day he's cut. It's bad optics even though Rodgers is probably fully aware the decision to move on was made before his comments came out. This is the communication breakdown that I think Rodgers is bothered by. He probably feels he should have been intimated that Kumerow would be cut prior to going public with his endorsement of him.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Well....how would the Packer brass know that Rodgers was going to go public about how he felt about Kumerow?
Are they supposed to tell the QB about every move they are going to make before they make it? It’s not their job to run everything past him before they make it.
Rodgers’ job is to play QB to whoever the brass put on the field with him.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

23h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.