Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago
Oh. I misread the timestamp. For some reason I was thinking he posted that after the game.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

I honestly don't understand the idea of a player throwing a fit in the heat of the moment is a big deal... if he didn't fumble the ball this would be a complete non-story... when things don't go their way, a lot of players throw fits.

Heck Aaron Rodgers threw a fit too... should he be cut as well? No because throwing fits (to a degree) is what players do when they're unhappy, they throw something... not a big deal. It was just horrible timing for him.
UserPostedImage
stevegb
5 years ago
If this is true I have lost a lot of respect I had for Montgomery, no room for selfish players in a team sport.
blank
stevegb
5 years ago

I honestly don't understand the idea of a player throwing a fit in the heat of the moment is a big deal... if he didn't fumble the ball this would be a complete non-story... when things don't go their way, a lot of players throw fits.

Heck Aaron Rodgers threw a fit too... should he be cut as well? No because throwing fits (to a degree) is what players do when they're unhappy, they throw something... not a big deal. It was just horrible timing for him.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Yeah throwing fits and getting upset aren't reasons for being cut or moved but throwing fits and then doing your own thing is, if the team can't trust you you're pretty useless.
blank
nerdmann
5 years ago
Maybe that's why Aaron Jones hasn't seen the field. Maybe they've been tip toeing around Monty's feelings.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
5 years ago

Yeah throwing fits and getting upset aren't reasons for being cut or moved but throwing fits and then doing your own thing is, if the team can't trust you you're pretty useless.

Originally Posted by: stevegb 

Let's be honest, that quote is going from a pissed off player who made a comment in the heat of the moment... if Monty keeps doing this over and over, then year he might be doing his own thing... but have we ever seen anything else like this from Monty? Everything I've heard about Monty the person has been GREAT up until this point... it isn't like CB Randall where there are rumors of possible problems.

According to Monty's statement the ST coach told him what the ST coach always said... if it goes in the end zone, keep it in the end zone... and Monty was watching the ball coming in, looking up and didn't see the end zone in front of him and so he took off...

So this could be a case of where Monty suddenly and randomly has gone rogue which is shock value and spreading all over after pissed off players in the heat of moment throw him under the bus.... or it could be a simply bonehead play, where he didn't realize he catch the ball in the end zone which is boring and not catching peoples attention.

Which seems more likely and reasonable? Are players human? Do they make bonehead mistakes like us fan humans?
UserPostedImage
Porforis
5 years ago

if he didn't fumble the ball this would be a complete non-story...

Originally Posted by: beast 

That's kind of the point. He was benched. He threw a fit. He was given explicit instructions, ignored them because of said fit, made an objectively boneheaded move, it turned out badly, and it turned a ~60% chance of winning the game to maybe a 5% chance. Even if this was just an honest mistake... So? We've already been talking about our RBs all being good and not getting enough playing time. Even if this wouldn't have happened you don't think we'd trade Monty for say, a safety or any other position that's suffering right now?

If we had two other QBs on the roster with roughly the same talent level both potential and demonstrated but different skillsets? Yeah I definitely would say "Let's trade him". Absolutely not the same situation though. He's an expendable player at an expendable position that has the most depth on the Packers that's already not getting much playing time. Aaron Rodgers isn't the franchise but he's the least expendable player on this squad, and thus gets more latitude to be a diva.
beast
5 years ago

ignored them because of said fit

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

And people are missing that this is a clear assumption... an assumption that's probably false and yet people are citing it as factual information.

He was upset, and something bad happened, so it must of only happened because he was upset...

That's bad logic, because it's completely ignoring the likely possibility that maybe it would of happened no matter what, even if he wasn't upset...
UserPostedImage
Porforis
5 years ago
Yes some people are attributing his decision simply to the perception that he was upset. But you're attributing the outrage and the calls to trade him simply to the fact that he fumbled the ball. And okay, so maybe this would have happened no matter what. It still would have been a completely boneheaded move and I still would have been screaming at the TV the second he took it out of the endzone. You know, exactly like I did before I even realized he was moping on the sidelines. Because it was a boneheaded fucking move, the Packers aren't good at kick return blocking, and there's maybe a 10% chance to get the ball past the 25 in that circumstance and like a 2% chance of getting it to the 40 yard line. So okay, let's ignore all the talk about his emotions and just call it what it was - a boneheaded play with almost zero potential upside when a player was explicitly told not to do that thing, compounded by a fumble, by a completely expendable player at the team's biggest point of success coming up on the trade deadline.

Just like his emotions were only a part of why he did what he did and how much of a part is completely up for debate, so is him fumbling only being a part of why people suggest that we trade him. Which was the entire point I was getting at. We're not saying we should immediately trade Aaron Rodgers (or at least most of us) when he gets mopey and makes boneheaded plays because he is dramatically less expendable both in terms of players currently on the roster and available elsewhere, contributes a much more measurable amount positive to the team than Montgomery does, and is getting dramatically more playing time (which is tied into the previous two points). People give Rodgers shit constantly for "freelancing" and "not running the offense" and "ignoring open receivers" and "forcing balls deep" and "being a stat whore". But he objectively does dramatically more good for this team than Montgomery does.

Again, I've been a huge fan of Montgomery since literally his first preseason catch. He looked like a fucking beast out there. I don't think he's being effectively utilized in this offense and I think he could be much better utilized with some more intelligent playcalling. He's not going to be utilized that way as long as McCarthy's calling plays, and he's not doing much for us as-is, so let's trade him if we can get something for him. This was just the tipping point.
beast
5 years ago

Yes some people are attributing his decision simply to the perception that he was upset.

Exactly that's my point... that attributing is an assumption that's more likely to be wrong than right.

But you're attributing the outrage and the calls to trade him simply to the fact that he fumbled the ball.

Um, who are you talking to? ...

If me, where did I mention trade or fumble? And I disagree because I didn't realize I mention trade or fumble or was talking about either... so I think your comment would be a false understanding of what I've been saying...

I understand people being upset... I understands calls to punish or do something with him... what I don't understand is how, him being physical upset at being pulled to the sidelines is proof that he's guilty of being anymore selfish or worse than the rest of the players who all want to be out there on the field too.

So okay, let's ignore all the talk about his emotions and just call it what it was - a boneheaded play with almost zero potential upside when a player was explicitly told not to do that thing, compounded by a fumble, by a completely expendable player at the team's biggest point of success coming up on the trade deadline.

I completely agree with you here agree but want to mention that the article made it sound EXTREMELY explicit... and Monty's version made it sound more conditional so I'm just gonna point them out.

Article Quote: He was told to kneel

Monty: He was told to kneel IF it reached the end zone...
It did reach the end zone, but Monty claimed, he didn't realize that it reached the end zone
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (14h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (17h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (18h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (21h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (21h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (21h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
23m / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.