musccy
  • musccy
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
8 years ago
If you read Vic Ketchman, he has talked about this for months prior to last night's incident. This just happens to be the first time someone really drew attention to it.

Communicategate 

“This is the kind of stuff that happens to the visiting team in Gillette Stadium all the time,” the article said. “From the start of the game through the opening 14 minutes of the first quarter, the Steelers’ coaches’ headsets were receiving the Patriots Radio Network broadcast of the game. The broadcast was so loud that the Steelers coaches were unable to communicate, and the NFL rule is that if one team’s headsets are not working the other team is supposed to be forced to take their headsets off. It’s what the NFL calls the Equity Rule. Strangely enough, whenever an NFL representative proceeded to the New England sideline to shut down their headsets, the Steelers headsets cleared. Then as the representative walked away from the New England sideline, the Steelers’ headsets again started to receive the Patriots game broadcast.”

Zero2Cool
8 years ago
The only issue here is the lack of education displayed by people in journalism continuing to use gate as if it were a suffix.
UserPostedImage
musccy
  • musccy
8 years ago

The only issue here is the lack of education displayed by people in journalism continuing to use gate as if it were a suffix.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Oops. 😢

I see a much bigger issue here. Alone, it may not be damning, and I also get why people are apt to pile on in a witch hunt to bring down a successful team. People would search for flaws in Ghandi if he was winning too many games.

That said, we've heard of;

Spy (not gate)
Deflate (not gate)
Rumors of wiring the visitors' locker rooms
Communication issues

There's a lot of smoke.
yooperfan
8 years ago
As the old saw goes, "where there is smoke there is fire".
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Oops. 😢

I see a much bigger issue here. Alone, it may not be damning, and I also get why people are apt to pile on in a witch hunt to bring down a successful team. People would search for flaws in Ghandi if he was winning too many games.

That said, we've heard of;

Spy
Deflate
Rumors of wiring the visitors' locker rooms
Communication issues

There's a lot of smoke.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

What is the biggest advantage in an NFL game? Home field, right? Why? Crowd noise. Think of Qualcomm (sp) or whatever Seahawks stadium is called.

The Falcons were GUILTY of ILLEGALLY piping in crowd noise and no one says a damn thing about that.

That is not a failure in understanding PSI, that is not a failure in understanding you cannot record live game signals (but wait, what about the TV copy or the All-22? think about it people), ... piping in crowd noise is a blatant and deliberate infraction of the rules. Why is nothing said about the Falcons being cheaters? Because they haven't won damn thing.

Each of the allegations I've researched and studied is predicated on the ignorant of the populous jumping to conclusions off click bait driven headlines.

IF you discredit the Patriots success, look in the mirror & laugh because they took you and made a damn fool out of you.

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
8 years ago
If it were any team other than the patriots it would not even be news
musccy
  • musccy
8 years ago
Yes, Atlanta cheated, I've suspected the Vikes have with this as well.

Personally I didn't give two shits about deflated footballs, artificial noise, and/or spying signals.

What I DO give two shits about is when the same team keeps popping up in the news with these rumors. I listed four circumstances above that WE ARE AWARE OF. What else don't we know?

Some things are just rumors, maybe even paranoia (visiting lockers) but it can not be denied that there is a lot of smoke around Foxboro.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Yes, Atlanta cheated, I've suspected the Vikes have with this as well.

Personally I didn't give two shits about deflated footballs, artificial noise, and/or spying signals.

What I DO give two shits about is when the same team keeps popping up in the news with these rumors. I listed four circumstances above that WE ARE AWARE OF. What else don't we know?

Some things are just rumors, maybe even paranoia (visiting lockers) but it can not be denied that there is a lot of smoke around Foxboro.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Again, Patriots are winning, that is why you hear it and will continue to hear it. It will not stop until they stop winning.

Wanting to know what else we don't know is what is fueling the media to continue to poke, prod and extrapolate anthill rumors into mountain sized cheating allegations. Why? Because the mindless (not saying you) folks keep on CLICK CLICK and CLICKING some more!

Who the hell asks if the Jaguars or Buccaneers or any other shit team are doing anything underhanded? No one because it is not a damn story that anyone is going to give two rats ass about.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
I just want them to fix this shit so we don't have to hear about it anymore.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
musccy
  • musccy
8 years ago

Again, Patriots are winning, that is why you hear it and will continue to hear it. It will not stop until they stop winning.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

What other pro sports team do we hear about this with, though? The Heat, Lakers, Yankees, Seahawks, Cowboys of the '90s? Sure, many were hated as much as the Patriots, but we only hear about things like this, at least with this regularity, with the Patriots.

This isn't sour grapes coming from me. The Pats have never been the reason the Packers didn't go to/win the Super Bowl so I really don't care in that sense. I resent that this, or any team, seems to have such a trail of mischievous behavior, or at least questionable circumstances following them.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.