uffda udfa
8 years ago

So....the bully wins.
That's just sad.
Again I have been proven right.
Name calling instead if of making actually points has caused a wonderful person to exit this site.
I wonder if 2 years from now there will be anyone left except the bullies?

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

A person who leaves an internet site after a long tenure was looking for a reason to leave. Someone was going to provide it and it happened to be what he stated in his original post. I'm sure under different circumstances that comment doesn't cause him to abandon the site.

It is sad, but it's survival of the fittest in a lot of ways. Some people post with a more bombastic style. If this was done in the "back alley" isn't that kind of an anything goes place? I don't frequent there so I don't really know.

To blame a single comment from a single poster is wrong, imo. I'm speaking to those who are upset wpr decided to leave and blame a "bully". He was going to go regardless and this was the most convenient way to go.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
Gee, I feel left out hahahaha.

I never thought anything particularly negative about wpr - nothing particularly positive either. He was an insurance man, right? And I hate insurance, but I wouldn't hold something as unimportant as that against somebody.

My biggest impression of him was that he was generally too timid or whatever to express opinions. Some folks just are too thin-skinned - too sensitive. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen - I guess that's what he's doing. Oh well.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
porky88
8 years ago

Man... This sucks just as much as it did when vikesrule made his exit.

Can't add much to that, as I'm at work right now, but damn.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Cheesey
8 years ago

A person who leaves an internet site after a long tenure was looking for a reason to leave. Someone was going to provide it and it happened to be what he stated in his original post. I'm sure under different circumstances that comment doesn't cause him to abandon the site.

It is sad, but it's survival of the fittest in a lot of ways. Some people post with a more bombastic style. If this was done in the "back alley" isn't that kind of an anything goes place? I don't frequent there so I don't really know.

To blame a single comment from a single poster is wrong, imo. I'm speaking to those who are upset wpr decided to leave and blame a "bully". He was going to go regardless and this was the most convenient way to go.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Sorry, but I disagree with you.
As 4packgirl (Hi ILLY!!!) said, this site used to be a fun place with ribbing each other. Not attacking like is done now.
I used to come here a lot, and most of the time it was VERY enjoyable. I appreciate the freedom here, but sometimes freedom allows those that like to force their views or belittle anyone that doesn't agree with them, which has been an almost daily thing now.
It wasn't a "single comment", it was the CONSTANT name calling which caused Wayne to leave. I don't blame him, either. I have been close to leaving myself, because of constantly being called an idiot, right wing nut job, and too many other names to list right now. I always tried to be decent, to not lower myself to the level of the resident "bully".
And this allows the "bully" to win. Force good, decent people to leave, until all that is left are people that "goose step" with him.
That's how the bully ALWAYS wins. Be an ass all the time, until someone either puts you in your place or you "win" and destroy something good.
I bet there are many here that feel the same way.
I KNOW there are people here that used to post all the time, but don't anymore because they don't want to be attacked by the bullies.

As was said before, some people will use the facelessness of the internet to attack people, because they don't have to FACE the people they are attacking.
I myself relalize there are actually human beings with REAL feelings on the other side of this screen.
It would be easy for me to blast those that treat others like crap, as they give plenty of reasons to do so. I was bullied all through school, and I know how much it can hurt. So I CHOOSE not to be that way.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Sorry, but I disagree with you.
As 4packgirl (Hi ILLY!!!) said, this site used to be a fun place with ribbing each other. Not attacking like is done now.
I used to come here a lot, and most of the time it was VERY enjoyable. I appreciate the freedom here, but sometimes freedom allows those that like to force their views or belittle anyone that doesn't agree with them, which has been an almost daily thing now.
It wasn't a "single comment", it was the CONSTANT name calling which caused Wayne to leave. I don't blame him, either. I have been close to leaving myself, because of constantly being called an idiot, right wing nut job, and too many other names to list right now. I always tried to be decent, to not lower myself to the level of the resident "bully".
And this allows the "bully" to win. Force good, decent people to leave, until all that is left are people that "goose step" with him.
That's how the bully ALWAYS wins. Be an ass all the time, until someone either puts you in your place or you "win" and destroy something good.
I bet there are many here that feel the same way.
I KNOW there are people here that used to post all the time, but don't anymore because they don't want to be attacked by the bullies.

As was said before, some people will use the facelessness of the internet to attack people, because they don't have to FACE the people they are attacking.
I myself relalize there are actually human beings with REAL feelings on the other side of this screen.
It would be easy for me to blast those that treat others like crap, as they give plenty of reasons to do so. I was bullied all through school, and I know how much it can hurt. So I CHOOSE not to be that way.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

And...I disagree with the above. Anyone who has a strong opinion isn't going to care what someone says to them...only those who don't are going to be bothered. I get hammered here by multiple posters all the time and it doesn't bother me a bit other than I think their views are inaccurate and ridiculous in a lot of cases. Someone may very well leave due to my opinions and that would be sad as I am one guy flying counter to you. I have to take plenty of people counter to me in my face but it doesn't affect me like I might singly affect you.

At some point, I guess it has to be decided by Kevin what he wants his board to be...a happy hand holding place where there is less well reasoned postings or one where opinion is unbridled. I do think many here would be much happier in a realm of a Stepford like feel where nobody ever says a counter thing to anything being anything but positive regarding our beloved Packers. In my view, those who leave that crave a Stepford feel don't really belong on a Packers chat forum in the first place unless it's been made known that this is a Packers criticism free forum.

As I've said many times...I believe many come here to feel good about their Packers. Ear tickling abounds and when it doesn't it is upsetting. There is nothing wrong with objectively looking at your favorite football team but some think it's some sort of crime.

Do I think Wayne was one of these Stepford seeking types? Nope. I think he wanted to bail and he found the most convenient way to bail by pinning it on a poster he didn't care for in order to stir up trouble for the guy he didn't like. It worked...the guy he fingered got a 30 day vacation. It's like a person leaving a suicide note and condemning a person or a group of people who made them feel bad. The person who committed suicide made the choice to die and did it to shame those who hurt them as if writing that note was a gotcha! moment for them. They die excited thinking they really stuck it to whomever.

I'll miss the guy. I liked him a bunch from what I could gather here...he was nice to me from my first appearance here just don't blame anyone for why he left. wpr made that choice and there was no gun to his head even figuratively speaking.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
8 years ago
A valuable friend has left.

In the end, that's sad.

The why? It doesn't change the sadness.

Miss you already, my friend.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago

And...I disagree with the above. Anyone who has a strong opinion isn't going to care what someone says to them...only those who don't are going to be bothered. I get hammered here by multiple posters all the time and it doesn't bother me a bit other than I think their views are inaccurate and ridiculous in a lot of cases. Someone may very well leave due to my opinions and that would be sad as I am one guy flying counter to you. I have to take plenty of people counter to me in my face but it doesn't affect me like I might singly affect you.

At some point, I guess it has to be decided by Kevin what he wants his board to be...a happy hand holding place where there is less well reasoned postings or one where opinion is unbridled. I do think many here would be much happier in a realm of a Stepford like feel where nobody ever says a counter thing to anything being anything but positive regarding our beloved Packers. In my view, those who leave that crave a Stepford feel don't really belong on a Packers chat forum in the first place unless it's been made known that this is a Packers criticism free forum.

As I've said many times...I believe many come here to feel good about their Packers. Ear tickling abounds and when it doesn't it is upsetting. There is nothing wrong with objectively looking at your favorite football team but some think it's some sort of crime.

Do I think Wayne was one of these Stepford seeking types? Nope. I think he wanted to bail and he found the most convenient way to bail by pinning it on a poster he didn't care for in order to stir up trouble for the guy he didn't like. It worked...the guy he fingered got a 30 day vacation. It's like a person leaving a suicide note and condemning a person or a group of people who made them feel bad. The person who committed suicide made the choice to die and did it to shame those who hurt them as if writing that note was a gotcha! moment for them. They die excited thinking they really stuck it to whomever.

I'll miss the guy. I liked him a bunch from what I could gather here...he was nice to me from my first appearance here just don't blame anyone for why he left. wpr made that choice and there was no gun to his head even figuratively speaking.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Generally well said. A forum is not a place for being all nicey nice - that hand-holding crap, etc. Going back to my teens, I always hated cliquish stuff like that. A forum is all about at very least competition of ideas and more likely, combativeness.

I have more respect somebody who is basically for everything evil and against everything good, and bullies and namecalls and whatever than for ....... for somebody who lets that crap get to him (or her).
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
8 years ago
In the world of politics, Tex, I would agree. Politics is a sordid place, where man seeks to use power to make his fellow man do things the fellow man doesn't choose to do voluntarily. And being such a sordid place, "cleaning it up" is actually counterproductive.

In the rest of life and its associations, however, I do not. There, courtesy and civility should be the natural form of interaction. This doesn't change if the interaction is formal or informal, online or in person.

Or shouldn't, anyway.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago

In the world of politics, Tex, I would agree. Politics is a sordid place, where man seeks to use power to make his fellow man do things the fellow man doesn't choose to do voluntarily. And being such a sordid place, "cleaning it up" is actually counterproductive.

In the rest of life and its associations, however, I do not. There, courtesy and civility should be the natural form of interaction. This doesn't change if the interaction is formal or informal, online or in person.

Or shouldn't, anyway.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Courtesy and Civility, YES - You are the paragon of that, and I generally try to be civil and courteous too - except when battling the evil one hahahahaha.

That's different from some little clique - the in crowd or whatever. Sports is Sports; Politics is Politics; There is no place in either for that kind of silly crap - I guess you could say I've always had a little bit of those Columbine shooters in me hahahahaha. Some in here seem more like the Columbine targets.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
When one is polite, considerate and/or respecting of the someone else, it should not be viewed as being weak or hand holding or any other negative connotation.

Wayne did not leave because of one person's one comment. I have given all the information on this already.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to be anything but civil and respectful to one another. None.

This thread will be changed to us reminiscing about Wayne. Other posts not pertaining to Wayne will be deleted by moderator and the user could be suspended.

Wayne could be snarky at times but even if he went over board, he would apologize or at least explain and for that I admired him. He also kept a lot of threads going which was also pretty cool.
UserPostedImage