Zero2Cool
a year ago

Only cowards walk around like scared little children unless they have a firearm.

Anyway, nobody is coming for your guns, so calm down, your penis replacements are well and truly safe under your pillows. If you're good little boys the NRA fairy will even leave gun oil and extended magazines under your bed.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

I'm not sure why, but this made me think of that part about teachers needing to be armed. It got me thinking about my third grade teacher, Mrs. Gerds. My dad for months told me teachers love kids, that's why they go in to teaching. Told me I was wrong for thinking the teacher didn't like me.

We had our semester conference. We got into his green old 70's F100 pickup and before he turned the ignition, he looked over at me and said "Son, I don't know what you did, but that teacher hates you". On the inside, I was like I FREAKING TOLD YOU I TOLD YOU. He continued on saying the best way to get under someone skin is kill'em with kindness and succeed.

Third grade is the only time I ever got straight A's and we went to Shakey's Pizza to reap the rewards.

BUT, that teacher having a gun? Hell no! She told my dad she didn't like me to his face. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. She had the gall to say I was a "nasty naughty kid". ME! Me of all people. Much like I am now, I was back then an adorable human being. But that bitch would have capped my adorable ass.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Guns aren't for everyone and also carrying is not for anyone. When you take the class out here they ask you one question and that is are you willing to eliminate the threat? Eliminating threat means taking their life and not shooting in the leg.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

I've often said I believe everyone should go through six months of military training during high school. One of the lesser reasons is learning to respect the power of wielding a firearm. As you said, guns not for everyone. It's embarrassing to admit this, but July 2015 and December 2020, if I had access to a gun, I likely wouldn't be typing this message to you. Maybe I would have manned up and stopped the cowardly thoughts, I'm not sure. I just know I'm not someone who should have a gun. That being said, if I had proper training and learned to respect the power of a firearm, that might be different.

And I want to touch on something Kevin said and that was people don't need assault weapons and sniper rifles. I have an amorlite rifle that shoots a 223 cartridge which is basically a 22. But I guess you can say I own a sniper rifle along with millions of hunters, I have a 308, 30/06, 30-30, and a 270 that I use for deer hunting, but those are also cartridges used by snipers. But the new sniper rifles not many people have and that's a 50 caliber rifle that costs around 5 to $6000 and each cartridge is around $3 to shoot. So don't listen to the media when they say the Aaron Rodgers 15's are so deadly as they are semi-automatic meaning you can only shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger. If I was to ever attempt a mass shooting I am taking a sawed-off shotgun and I am sure Dave will back me on this as that will take out 3-4 people with one shell and if you get hit with it you are not surviving. So just wanted to give a little background and as I tell my family that say we need more gun control and that is "Don't worry when the shit hits the fane I will be there to protect you"

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

How many civilians are killed by sniper rifle in the United States of America every year? Are those really a threat? Yes, I said we don't need to have them, but is that really the weapon people are choosing? I can think of the DC Sniper years ago, that's about it.

You should make your own bullets. Less expensive. I know quite a few who do that.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
Something else about this subject that gets me. We'll see statistics thrown around like per FBI, there were ~131,000 rapes in 2019. People will use that number and note our population was 328 million and cite there is just a 0.04% of you being raped. That's wrong though because of several things. I believe women are raped vastly more than men, so that changes that percent, but still puts it at we'll say 0.10%. That's not the whole story. Not even close.

For example, where are those rapes happening? They aren't evenly spread throughout the Country.

For example, I live in Howard, WI, very very low crime. So do I "feel" I need a gun? Nope. You put my Casper looking white ass in Milwaukee and I promise you my "feeling" would change.

The point here is situations are situational.

UserPostedImage
earthquake
a year ago

Something else about this subject that gets me. We'll see statistics thrown around like per FBI, there were ~131,000 rapes in 2019. People will use that number and note our population was 328 million and cite there is just a 0.04% of you being raped. That's wrong though because of several things. I believe women are raped vastly more than men, so that changes that percent, but still puts it at we'll say 0.10%. That's not the whole story. Not even close.

For example, where are those rapes happening? They aren't evenly spread throughout the Country.

For example, I live in Howard, WI, very very low crime. So do I "feel" I need a gun? Nope. You put my Casper looking white ass in Milwaukee and I promise you my "feeling" would change.

The point here is situations are situational.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yes, the irony with many of the people that feel the need to carry a gun at all times is that not only are their lives not under threat, they often live in some of the safest areas in one of the safest countries on earth in one of the safest eras of human history. I mean honestly, if you live in a bad neighborhood in Detroit, Baltimore, or South Chicago I can see the desire to wear a bulletproof vest and carry, but if you can't walk into the Piggly Wiggly in Fon du Lac or Oconto Falls without carrying a firearm...

Couple this with the fact that gun owners are statistically much more likely to kill themselves, their spouses, or their kids than they are to use a gun to defend themselves, thwart a crime, or stop a terrorist plot. It all adds up to a very sick situation. I'm not calling for a ban on guns and I don't think anything like that will ever happen in this country unless lobbying laws change significantly. But I do think as a nation we need to take a look at our unhealthy and fetishistic relationship with guns.

blank
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Yes, the irony with many of the people that feel the need to carry a gun at all times is that not only are their lives not under threat, they often live in some of the safest areas in one of the safest countries on earth in one of the safest eras of human history. I mean honestly, if you live in a bad neighborhood in Detroit, Baltimore, or South Chicago I can see the desire to wear a bulletproof vest and carry, but if you can't walk into the Piggly Wiggly in Fon du Lac or Oconto Falls without carrying a firearm...

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

Wait, wait, WAIT A SECOND!! Are you saying it's wrong of me to lug around my Raufoss Mk 211 when get eggs at Woodmans???
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
I've encountered some real assholes in the check out line of the Piggly Wiggly, and if I could just know it was OK, would happily put a couple caps in their ass. "Oh, I have to pay?!" "What did I do with that purse?" "Oh, I have a coupon for that" "That wasn't the price that the shelf label said."

I like the Glock gen 4 model 21 in .45 acp loaded with jhp rounds in this kind of scenario.
Some may call it overkill, but in my defense she was in the express lane with over double the maximum allowable items and I was behind her with a six pack.
earthquake
a year ago

Wait, wait, WAIT A SECOND!! Are you saying it's wrong of me to lug around my Raufoss Mk 211 when get eggs at Woodmans???

Yeah, I never leave the house without my Barrett 82a1. I mean, if I can't shoot a hole through a tank's engine block, what's the point?
blank
Cheesey
a year ago

I'm not sure why, but this made me think of that part about teachers needing to be armed. It got me thinking about my third grade teacher, Mrs. Gerds. My dad for months told me teachers love kids, that's why they go in to teaching. Told me I was wrong for thinking the teacher didn't like me.

We had our semester conference. We got into his green old 70's F100 pickup and before he turned the ignition, he looked over at me and said "Son, I don't know what you did, but that teacher hates you". On the inside, I was like I FREAKING TOLD YOU I TOLD YOU. He continued on saying the best way to get under someone skin is kill'em with kindness and succeed.

Third grade is the only time I ever got straight A's and we went to Shakey's Pizza to reap the rewards.

BUT, that teacher having a gun? Hell no! She told my dad she didn't like me to his face. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. She had the gall to say I was a "nasty naughty kid". ME! Me of all people. Much like I am now, I was back then an adorable human being. But that bitch would have capped my adorable ass.

I don't think anyone was saying ALL teachers should be armed. They should have to go through all the checks to make sure they are mentally safe to carry.
If you have to wait for the police to get there, chances are many kids and teachers will already be dead.
At a school shooting recently, the cops were there and didn't go inside to stop the gunman.
Had there been some armed teachers, it might have saved lives.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
a year ago
Kevin, you say I take things to a stupid extreme?
No one is saying all teachers should be armed.
If they are being considered to carry, they would have to go through all kinds of tests to make sure they are safe.
If someone starts shooting at a school, if they have to wait for the police, how many die as they wait? And when the cops do get there, there have been times where they don't even go right in to try to stop the killer.
An armed person inside the school might be able to save innocent lives.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
a year ago
What they should do is arm the children. They have the upper hand in terms of numbers and usually don't fully understand what they're doing. Something that really helps when you have to kill a man.

I can see some kind of collaboration between Glock and Nerf to make some brightly colored kid guns. Good news for the economy, as well.