10 years ago
no way does Ted sign Raji.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I HOPE not, but what makes you so sure?

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

I HOPE not, but what makes you so sure?

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I am smart. [grin1]

Actually Ted won't want to part with the big bucks that Raji will be asking for. There are 3-4 DL who's contracts are up. Raji will be one of the more expensive ones so Uncle teddy will offer a token amount which will be rejected.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

You posted stats of the whole Giants game trying to make a point about us somehow not getting our ass kicked. Ludicrous at best. Stats are bull shit for this reason, they are always relative. When KGB use to rack up his sacks, they were always against weak offensive lines. When going against solid offensive lines, he was a liability on the field.

I never said high priced free agents, you just assume shit like that. Kind of like making up shit in your own mind, huh? Proven players are free agents in the second tier that come in and complete teams, like New England does year after year.

I don't whine about the Packers. I call shit like I see it and as it is. I'm not going to shoot sunshine up asses that haven't earned it. When a player is declining, it's time to look for his replacement, not make up excuses for his lack of performance just because he wears a G on his helmet and use to be good. There's something you've never figured out in professional football, there is no such thing as loyalty. You're as good as your last game and there are hundreds of players itching to take a roster spot. When your team puts in a performance like the Packers did on Thanksgiving - the fans that spend thousands of dollars in their lifetime rooting for that team have every right to call out players, coaches, and management for a team that laid down like little girls.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

There you go again, taking one example and using it like it was the everyday norm, just so in your mind you look right, when you can't be more wrong.

Now you force me to post records, now mind you these ARE NOT STATS.

Since Ted Thompson took over as GM

............Packers....Patriots
Draft picks....88.......80

........Packers.....Patriots
2005 4-12.......10-6
2006 8-8........12-4
2007 13-3........16-0
2008 6-10........11-5
2009 11-5........10-6
2010 10- 6........14-2
2011 15-1........13-3
2012 12-4........11-5
2013 5-6-1.......9-3
84-55-1....106-34
Super Bowl wins 1 each.

I'm not even going to give Ted a pass for the 2005 season, when he gutted the The Packers roster, not going to give him a pass when he decided to change Franchise Qb's in 2008, but if I did eliminate those 2 years The regular season wins would be 74 for The Packers 85 for The Patriots. Super Bowl rings Packers 1 Patriots 0

Wow your point is really made, Patriots way of forming a team IS WAY MUCH BETTER than the Packers.

Your last statement proves my point that I have been making all along, which is , you don't have a clue.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DakotaT
10 years ago

There you go again, taking one example and using it like it was the everyday norm, just so in your mind you look right, when you can't be more wrong.

Now you force me to post records, now mind you these ARE NOT STATS.

Since Ted Thompson took over as GM

............Packers....Patriots
Draft picks....88.......80

........Packers.....Patriots
2005 4-12.......10-6
2006 8-8........12-4
2007 13-3........16-0
2008 6-10........11-5
2009 11-5........10-6
2010 10- 6........14-2
2011 15-1........13-3
2012 12-4........11-5
2013 5-6-1.......9-3
84-55-1....106-34
Super Bowl wins 1 each.

I'm not even going to give Ted a pass for the 2005 season, when he gutted the The Packers roster, not going to give him a pass when he decided to change Franchise Qb's in 2008, but if I did eliminate those 2 years The regular season wins would be 74 for The Packers 85 for The Patriots. Super Bowl rings Packers 1 Patriots 0

Wow your point is really made, Patriots way of forming a team IS WAY MUCH BETTER than the Packers.

Your last statement proves my point that I have been making all along, which is , you don't have a clue.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

And how many seasons have the Patriots had like we are having this year? It seems to me the year Brady went down they were 11-5 and missed the playoffs, but they were still 11-5, because they had a team of veterans in place. They didn't lay down like we have. But I see your point Buckeye, you're the one that is enlightened. [roflmao] [roflmao] [roflmao] A dumbass you are, hmmmmm? Thanks for the statistical masturbation though, we all enjoy that so much.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
10 years ago

Don't forget Driver confirmed alot of things Jennings said.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

lol no he didn't. Besides what Driver said sounded stupid and didn't make any sense at all. I don't think I'd be using that as my "confirmation" haha
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

And how many seasons have the Patriots had like we are having this year? It seems to me the year Brady went down they were 11-5 and missed the playoffs, but they were still 11-5, because they had a team of veterans in place. They didn't lay down like we have. But I see your point Buckeye, you're the one that is enlightened. [roflmao] [roflmao] [roflmao] A dumbass you are, hmmmmm? Thanks for the statistical masturbation though, we all enjoy that so much.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

The year before Brady went down, Patriots were 16-0, so, without Brady they were 5 games worse than the year before.

Hmmm, figuring The Packers with Rodgers in those 5 games probably would have won 4 maybe all 5.
I'll say They would have went 4-1, instead of 0-4-1.

Well look at that that's only a 3-1/2 game swing in the record.

So once again you show your football ignorance.

Who's the dumbass? Look in the mirror.

I see your already backtracking and predicting "another Packer playoff loss"

Way to keep "The Doom and Gloom" club going.

BTW, when all of a sudden did you jump on the "we need veteran" club?

I sure can't argue that point.

The more veterans a team has, the better they will be.

Sorry The Packers spoiled your day with a win today, maybe next week if you post more of your bullshit ,you will get your wish and they will lose to move up in the draft.

Carry On.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
play2win
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Well, there are 3 games left to the regular season, and possibly the playoffs. Maybe Raji does something special in this stretch to warrant the contract? It is possible.

Personally, I think Raji has gotten somewhat of a bad rap from some fans. He has a purpose in Dom's D to take up space, take up blockers and do little else. He is there schematically to occupy opposing players to allow the playmakers to get home to finish plays. Raji had an unprecedented number of snaps that he played in 2010-2012. Having Jolly on our DL, along with an improved Daniels allows them to spread out his snaps to more players. as we've seen in this year.

He never complained, always showed up during that big stretch of games, two years + worth of high snap counts for the big fella.

I don't think he has played all that great this year, but he is a playmaker, and maybe we see him make a game changing play or two, or three throughout the remainder of our season. If he does, and we somehow win it all, I would definitely want him to return.

I'll never forget his INT return for a TD against CHI, and I will never forget how tough it is to find a quality player of his size in the middle of a 3-4.
DoddPower
10 years ago

I'll never forget his INT return for a TD against CHI, and I will never forget how tough it is to find a quality player of his size in the middle of a 3-4.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

This is a key point. It may be best that Raji departs via free agency, but replacing him will be a priority. The Packers haven't shown much ability to draft 3-4 nose tackles since making the switch, so there could be a big hole in the middle. Pickett was signed via free agency. Perhaps they pursue that again. Ted Thompson seems pretty good at finding run-stopping defensive ends. But elite talent at the nose tackle position is a very rare commodity. Raji certainly hasn't been very good this year, but many of the players the Packers try to replace him with probably aren't going to be very good, either. Perhaps they'll save a little money in that process, but if that doesn't result in an improved team, then that shouldn't mean a whole lot for the common fans.

I can't help but wonder if the right coach could maximize Rajis talent. Either way, right now, he's not worth $8 million a year, but I certainly wouldn't be against having him back at a more reasonable contract. He is also extremely available, too, which this Packers staff loves . . . and rightfully so. At this point, I'm not expecting him to be back, though.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Well, there are 3 games left to the regular season, and possibly the playoffs. Maybe Raji does something special in this stretch to warrant the contract? It is possible.

Personally, I think Raji has gotten somewhat of a bad rap from some fans. He has a purpose in Dom's D to take up space, take up blockers and do little else. He is there schematically to occupy opposing players to allow the playmakers to get home to finish plays. Raji had an unprecedented number of snaps that he played in 2010-2012. Having Jolly on our DL, along with an improved Daniels allows them to spread out his snaps to more players. as we've seen in this year.

He never complained, always showed up during that big stretch of games, two years + worth of high snap counts for the big fella.

I don't think he has played all that great this year, but he is a playmaker, and maybe we see him make a game changing play or two, or three throughout the remainder of our season. If he does, and we somehow win it all, I would definitely want him to return.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I am not an "I hate Raji" guy.

He has been a mule for this team. Down in the trenches and taking on a blocker or two in order to let someone else make the tackle. I get that. In doing so he has had one above average year and 4 years where he has been average to below average. I like it when he is at DE and not NT. I think be does a better job with Pickett on the Nose.

His rookie deal is over and he is going to want to get his Big Boy Deal now. Uncle Ted will want him back but with the home team discount. They will agree to disagree and he will move on. Ted can get other guys to clog the middle of the line and he can pay them less than he would have to pay Raji.

I didn't see this   until today.

Defensive lineman B.J. Raji has been offered a long-term contract worth $8 million a year.

It's early, and like many players Raji seems to be shooting for the top of the market.

At this point, it looks to be a deep group of defensive tackles coming free in mid-March. The depressed market at the position figures to be in the $4 million to $6 million range.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (34m) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (34m) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (34m) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (49m) : 4th
Zero2Cool (1h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (3h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (7h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (7h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (23h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
52m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.