buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

I'd say for about 5 years he played some of the best football in team history. lol

I just don't like him as a playoff QB.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Considering your complete bias and hatred for the man, I wouldn't expect any other type of statement from you.

So what happens if for some unexplainable reason Aaron Rodgers never leads The Packers to another SB win?

Will you call him a choker and turn on him as well?

To look at it through your jaded glasses, one could say that Aaron Rodgers has had 3 chances already and has choked away 2 of them.

He fumbled away the loss against Arizona and he fumbled away the loss last year against The Giants.

I don't want to hear that it was somebody elses fault, Aaron Rodgers was and is the QB, just like Brett Favre was the QB, they either won it all or they didn't.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DakotaT
11 years ago

Considering your complete bias and hatred for the man, I wouldn't expect any other type of statement from you.

So what happens if for some unexplainable reason Aaron Rodgers never leads The Packers to another SB win?

To look at it through your jaded glasses, one could say that Aaron Rodgers has had 3 chances already and has choked away 2 of them.

He fumbled away the loss against Arizona and he fumbled away the loss last year against The Giants.

I don't want to hear that it was somebody elses fault, Aaron Rodgers was and is the QB, just like Brett Favre was the QB, they either won it all or they didn't.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

4th and 26 - the absolute worst interception in the history of the NFL playoffs.

Favre's meltdown in St. Louis was way worse than last years Giants loss.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

You say you don't want to hear it was someone else's fault, because you know you're ass wrong what you're saying and you don't want anyone pointing it out. Unreal you put last seasons loss on Rodgers, pretty much sums up your bias.

2001 - The Rams picked off six passes by Brett Favre, returning three for scores. That's 21 points he gave them and three extra offensive possessions. "I could have thrown eight had we gotten the ball back. I was going to keep chucking." said Brett Favre after the game.

2003 - Brett Favre threw away Green Bay's chance at another Super Bowl with a desperate heave in overtime against the Eagles.

2007 - Brett threw the interception that was quickly turned into the game winning FG by the Giants.

2009 - Aaron Rodgers failed to recognize the blitz in the Cardinals game, but keep in mind, his offense put up over 40 points. The offense didn't fail, the defense did.

2011 - The fumble against the Giants wasn't why the Packers lost, that's an ignorant stretch to blame the QB if I ever heard one.

Brett Favre won more games than he lost, but in the playoffs, its well documented he was less than stellar. He's the opposite of Eli Manning who somehow turns into a fricking machine in the playoffs.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

You say you don't want to hear it was someone else's fault, because you know you're ass wrong what you're saying and you don't want anyone pointing it out. Unreal you put last seasons loss on Rodgers, pretty much sums up your bias.

2001 - The Rams picked off six passes by Brett Favre, returning three for scores. That's 21 points he gave them and three extra offensive possessions. "I could have thrown eight had we gotten the ball back. I was going to keep chucking." said Brett Favre after the game.

2003 - Brett Favre threw away Green Bay's chance at another Super Bowl with a desperate heave in overtime against the Eagles.

2007 - Brett threw the interception that was quickly turned into the game winning FG by the Giants.

2009 - Aaron Rodgers failed to recognize the blitz in the Cardinals game, but keep in mind, his offense put up over 40 points. The offense didn't fail, the defense did.

2011 - The fumble against the Giants wasn't why the Packers lost, that's an ignorant stretch to blame the QB if I ever heard one.

Brett Favre won more games than he lost, but in the playoffs, its well documented he was less than stellar. He's the opposite of Eli Manning who somehow turns into a fricking machine in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Zero,

You really think I am blaming Aaron Rodgers? Re-read my post.

You as well as anyone knows football is the ultimate team game(from your previous posts, I do believe you played the game at level higher than high school). Not one person is ever to blame.

For nerdman to call Brett Favre a "choker" is absurd and you know it.

I simply posted who I thought were The Greatest Packers, nerdman turns my post into a chance to rip on Brett Favre, just like he does anytime he gets the chance.

Once again a thread is hijacked by a Brett Favre "hater", because god forbid anyone acknowledges that Brett Favre played some pretty good football while in Green bay.

I know it wasn't Aaron Rodgers fault for either of those losses, The Cardinals and The Giants were just the better team that day, just like The Giants were the better team in 2007.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I don't think I'd classify Brett Favre as a choker, but there's no question he cost the Packers a few games in the post season. And he won some games. It's a team game, but the QB is most heralded because they can control the outcome more than any other position, other than perhaps Kicker if it comes down to it.

People loved watching Brett because you didn't know if he was going to have heroics or cost the team the game. He was gunslinger on the field. A gambler. Sometimes he won, sometimes he lost.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 years ago
I was actually calling for them to bench Favre in the '07 NFCC game against the Giants.

I was yelling at the tv: TOO COLD FOR YOU BRETT? WHY DON'T YOU GO SIT IN THE LOCKER ROOM AND WARM UP! So it's not because of what transpired when he intentionally and with malice attempted to destroy the franchise.

Fact is, Brett wasn't what you'd call a "clutch" QB. He was an adrenaline guy. Thoughout the 90s we always had to play the Cowboys in Dallas. Remember the infamous "crown" in the middle of the field? Brett was always throwing the ball over guys' heads. On screens too. In those days Brett was always wild until he got a solid forearm to the chops, then he'd settle down.

When it comes to clutch situations, you don't necessarily want that adrenaline guy. You want Bart Starr. Joe Montana. Aaron Rodgers. You want a guy with ice in his veins.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Dexter_Sinister
11 years ago
In 8 of 10 playoff runs, Favre personally choked, played poorly or tossed up a game killing duck.

'93 playoff game against Dallas, 2 picks and a fumble lost.

'95 in the middle of a great NFC Championship game where the Packers were matching the Cowboys blow for blow, he was driving to take the lead back in the 4th quarter. He threw a bad pass into the chest of a DB who set up a score by the Cowboys. Giving them a 2 score lead. After which a suddenly ineffective Favre failed to complete a pass, then never got the ball back.

'98 playoff game against the 49er had a 79.7 rating with 57% completions and threw 2 picks in a 3 point loss.

'01 The 6 interception game vs the Rams, Favre threw 3 pick 6s and another one returned to inside the 5. Essentially giving the Rams the margin of victory by handing them 28 points.

'02 Packers first home playoff loss to the Falcons as Favre turned the game over in the second half with a pick and a
lost fumble. He had 47.6% completions and a 54.4 rating

'03 The 4th and 26 game, Favre couldn't move the ball in spite of over 200 yards by the running backs, 7 sacks by the D and 2 forced turnovers. One more yard and the ball never goes back to McNabb. Ending in an OT pick.

'04 he threw 4 picks to the 8-8 MN Vikings and 54.4 rating

'07 Lame duck in the Giants game after a whole game of looking like an old man in the cold. 70.7 rating, 2 picks and 54.3% completions..

The '96 Super Bowl was pretty much 2 passes to WRs that ran about 80 yards after the catchs and then Favre getting nothing down field to his WRs after about 20 minutes into the game. He wasn't needed to step up because of the D and ST, so they won.

The '97 Super Bowl, Favre got the ball back with time and failed to complete a pass. I wouldn't say he lost the game, played poorly or anything other than he didn't step up like Starr would have.

His come from behind wins are way over stated. He had the most opportunities by a long shot. If he were just average at comebacks, he would easily lead the league. But since he was only about 30% successful, he actually blew more chances than he won. By a wide margin.

Bart Starr wouldn't fail to show up huge in the playoffs. He had the highest post season rating in the history of the league until Rodgers beat it. If you adjust for the years they played in. Starr was the best by a wide margin.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
dhazer
11 years ago
Way to go Dex I want to see if I can play your game

93 and 95 teams got beat by a dynasty in the Cowboys you know the ones that won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years.

98 playoff game against San Fran let's see you forgot the no fumble called against Rice and the defense giving up a last second TD to Owens.

01 I will give you but what did we have for weapons that year oh ya we had Billy Schroeder and Freeman going against the greatest show on turf.

02 Vick killed us with his running and the blocked punt was all on Favre.

03 That team was over achievers that won on emotion and you even said it 4th and 26th and needing 1 more yard with 200 yards rushing. Before halftime we are kept out of the endzone on a 4th and 1 at the 1. And ofcourse the choke job by the defense on 4-26th. But yes your right it was Favre that choked.

04 Minnesota quarterback Daunte Culpepper killed the Packers in every way possible, finishing with a superb 137.1 passer rating and throwing four touchdown passes and no interceptions. He pounced on the Packers’ mishaps and coverage breakdowns that have plagued Slowik’s defense all season.

yes that was Favre's fault seeing he lost his only threat in Walker in the 3rd quarter.

07 Giants game, ya we couldn't run the ball and going against an awesome defense that shut down the record breaking Pats in the Super Bowl. You forget the Giants missed 2 fgs and we had that awesome running game which had 28 yards for the game.

See your hatred for Favre makes you blind to other parts of the game, Yes Favre was at fault in those losses as was everyone on that team.

But yet your saying Rodgers didn't do anything wrong in his 2 playoff losses isn't really fair. The 2 playoff losses were really on the defense but Rodgers and the offense had parts in it.

Now lets get back on topic
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Holy dhazer excuses Batman!

I'm gonna have to stick with Don Hutson as the greatest Packers player of all time.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
I was going to say Favre did throw 6 picks in 01. But right or wrong there is no doubt he felt the only way the win the game is if he did the impossible. Let's face it most likely they would have lost even if he "only" threw 2. it wasn't so much him choking as much as it was him trying to carry the team instead of being one of the 22 (33 with ST).
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (2m) : 4th
Zero2Cool (16m) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (2h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (7h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (7h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (22h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (23h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

22m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.